No FP+ = No Bueno for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJJME

Mouseketeer
We are DVC members since 2010 when we bought into BLT during a stay and are very happy with our purchase. We had a trip from April 2020 and again August 2020 cancelled due to the pandemic. We are currently rescheduled for April 2021 but I am not sure if we are going to keep that reservation. One of our planning factors is FP+..........Obviously FP+ is not active right now but we have also heard rumors that WDW is replacing FP+ with some version of MaxPass or paid FastPass system. My question is, if Disney does get rid of FP+, will there be some version that will allow of advanced reservations? We are considering selling our DVC contracts if Disney doesn't have some version of an advanced reservation system (even if we had to pay for it) since its a very big part of our planning process

Without any information on Disney eliminating FP+ (which is extremely unlikely) I don't think you'd get anything other than speculation on what they might do to replace something that isn't likely to be replaced.

I don't know when a version of FP will come back to Disney, but it will return! Most likely they will monetize the system as it has been in their other parks around world. MaxPass at Disneyland is great. I have also utilized the paid upgrades at Knott's Berry Farm and Universal in Hollywood and Orlando. I was tough to pay for the ability to shorten the lines since I was used to the free Disney system, but here I am, years later, and will gladly pay for the privilege of shorter waits :duck:

I have a philosophical problem with paying for cuts. FP+ and Fastpass are not - you get that with admission and everyone gets it. MAX Pass is a grey area because everyone is still getting Fastpass - MaxPass just makes it easier to use (and yes, you do end up getting more fastpasses so I am a little uncomfortable with that). The pay-for-cuts at 6-Flags and Cedar Fair though - I don't think I'll ever use those, and yes, I do have a problem with people that do. Shame on those parks for offering it - they get 100% of the profit on it and the people in the regular lines are really paying the price with unnecessarily long waits.

We did a Disneyland trip in late Feb and LOVED the Maxpass system. As someone who considers themselves pretty proficient in the WDW fast pass system, both in advance and day of, we scored so many good fast passes at DL. And by timing it right you could actually stack a few back to back which we loved.

Like most, I'm not in love with paying for something that has been free. But if the new pay structure enhances my trip for a "reasonable" cost then we'll probably pay.

I don't know when a version of FP will come back to Disney, but it will return! Most likely they will monetize the system as it has been in their other parks around world. MaxPass at Disneyland is great. I have also utilized the paid upgrades at Knott's Berry Farm and Universal in Hollywood and Orlando. I was tough to pay for the ability to shorten the lines since I was used to the free Disney system, but here I am, years later, and will gladly pay for the privilege of shorter waits :duck:
I understand people like MaxPass but for us, having the ability to have advanced reservations is really the key. We typically go for 7 nights but we never get up early to go to the parks. We love the parks at night so our typical day is sleeping in until 8am-9am, breakfast in room, pool and then lunch and hit parks around 2-3pm until they close. By having advanced reservations we can guarantee those 3 rides no matter what time we get up and still have the ability to get on/see other attractions. I would hate to book a trip and then not have the ability to get on the rides we want because the waits are so long that we could only get on a handful of rides.

We did a Disneyland trip in late Feb and LOVED the Maxpass system. As someone who considers themselves pretty proficient in the WDW fast pass system, both in advance and day of, we scored so many good fast passes at DL. And by timing it right you could actually stack a few back to back which we loved.

Like most, I'm not in love with paying for something that has been free. But if the new pay structure enhances my trip for a "reasonable" cost then we'll probably pay.
MaxPass is not very effective for late risers though.......FP's for the popular rides will likely be gone by the time we get to the parks, even with MaxPass

I agree but what is nice about it is a lot of people will not, making time actually waiting time even better. Some people go to Disney and spend crazy money on the experience so wont mind a little bit more.

Without any information on Disney eliminating FP+ (which is extremely unlikely) I don't think you'd get anything other than speculation on what they might do to replace something that isn't likely to be replaced.
Guess you were wrong on this too huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts