No Cheese Danish! July 23-28 2020

On our first full day, we took advantage of the later EP opening and headed to Trattoria for breakfast. I will say that I REALLY liked the later opening of EP. We spend most of our time here and it was nice to not feel like we had to rush to get up and out. I also liked the staggering of all the park hours. We never really make it into the late-night hours, so the closing times were perfect for us.

We started off with some drinks for breakfast

Mimosa, Iced Coffee Trattoria al Forno's special blend of Coffee, Cream, and Sweetener served over Ice and Caprese Bloody Mary
IMG_1549.jpg IMG_1548.jpg

My bloody mary was delicious! For our entrees we ordered

Open-faced Italian Omelet
Fresh Mozzarella, Tomato-Basil Omelet, Sunday Gravy, Breakfast Potatoes, with Bacon or Sausage (no picture)

Two Eggs Your Way
Breakfast Potatoes, Bacon, Ham, Sausage

Avocado Toast
(Plant-based) Grilled House-made Ciabatta, Avocado, Bell Peppers, Mushrooms, Chickpea Scramble, Basil-Balsamic Vinaigrette

Fresh Fruit Platter
Fresh Fruit, Greek Yogurt, Honey, House-made Granola

IMG_1555.jpg IMG_1553.jpg IMG_1557.jpg

I ordered the avocado toast. It was literally one of the best things I ate! I am not sure what led me to pick it but I am so glad I did and really cant wait to get it again!

Last edited:
After dinner at Morimoto, we stopped at Amorette's and brought these beauties back to our room. We love it here. Everything is always delicious!

Caramel Sea Salt Eclair

Amorette's Rose

Chocolate Biscuit with Dark Chocolate Mousse, and Raspberry Sauce

Mickey Mousse
Chocolate Chiffon Cake, Dark Chocolate Mousse and White Chocolate Mousse

View attachment 516581 View attachment 516582 View attachment 516583
Wow, I'm living vicariously through your delicious treats ! (On my post-lockdown diet right now. If I were at WDW I'd add another 15lbs to my quarantine 15 lol!)

Love the pics! How did you feel about the social distancing at Brown Derby? Did it feel like you had enough space to be comfortable?

Wow, I'm living vicariously through your delicious treats ! (On my post-lockdown diet right now. If I were at WDW I'd add another 15lbs to my quarantine 15 lol!)

I hear you! Back in March I thought this was going to be like a longer than usual snowstorm. Bought all kinds of snacks and goodies and it has certainly not been good for the waistline!

Love the pics! How did you feel about the social distancing at Brown Derby? Did it feel like you had enough space to be comfortable?

Absolutely! Lots of empty tables.

So a little explanation for my title. Before we headed to breakfast, DH went to the Boardwalk Bakery for coffee. I absolutely LOVE Disney's cheese danish. DH was going to bring me back one before our breakfast at Trattoria. Unfortunately, Disney did not put cheese danish back on their menu at the bakery! :eek: When DH returned and told me the bad news, he also told me about the guy who was at the bakery in front of him who was beyond upset that there was no cheese danish and who berated the poor Disney cast member. He was so perplexed he wondered out loud "why even be open if there's no cheese danish?!" He continued to try to figure out what else he should get, pacing back and forth and by this point, DH just nicely proceeded to give the cast member our order. I'm sorry but going into this trip we 100% knew things were going to be different and we 100% accepted it. I was smart enough to search cheese danish on MDE and found out that Isle of Java at AK had them on their menu! No guarantee but I knew that's where we were heading the next day for breakfast!

We headed to EP after breakfast and since we had eaten pretty close to opening, we weren't too hungry. We started off our EP day with one of our favorites

Half & Half Imperial Pint
Half Harp and Half Guinness

IMG_1560.jpg

Honestly, the best way to start your day!

We rode some rides and walked around the aquarium and started to feel hungry around 1:00 pm. We went to Islands of the Caribbean and ordered the-

Ropa Vieja Empanada with Tomato Aïoli

Red Stripe Lager

Frozen Mojito

IMG_1577.jpg IMG_1579.jpg IMG_1580.jpg

These were very good.

Since it was National Tequila Day, guess where we went next? Yup! La Cava del Tequila! We went in and ordered our tequila and margaritas and were so happy to bump into Hilda! She is the tequila ambassador and we met her in 2019 at the Tequila Lunch at La Hacienda. She said she remembered us and seemed pretty excited when we said hello. Not sure if she really remembered us or not but it made us feel good!

F5E3C6F0-7C0C-4395-ACE1-E04A768E6B6B.jpg

03915C01-7664-4587-8847-97BA4810B433.jpg

IMG_1581.jpg

Next, we headed to Spice Road Table. We tried this on our last visit and we really liked it. We like to come for a nice afternoon break and sit outside.

We ordered some drinks and a couple of dishes to share. Everything was great!

White Wine Flight

Brie Fondue

Baked Brie with Rosemary Croutons

Three Lamb Sliders
Brioche, Cucumber Dill, Mixed Olives, and Mint Tzatziki Sauce served with Hummus Fries

IMG_1592.jpg

IMG_1594.jpg IMG_1593.jpg

Before we headed back to the hotel, we stopped at the booth in Brazil.

We ordered the Crispy Pork Belly with Black Beans, Tomato and Onions and the Pão de Queijo: Brazilian Cheese Bread. I don't think I would get the pork belly again. The quality has been declining a little bit more every time we get it.

IMG_1597.jpg IMG_1598.jpg

We headed to AbracadaBar before we headed to EP for our dinner. We wanted to grab a drink and the Abra Fries since they are one of the best things to eat. We ordered our drinks and fries and waited and waited and waited for our fries. Our waiter was nowhere to be found so we asked someone else to check on them. She informed us that our waiter did not hear us put them in. Unfortunately, we were short on time so we said forget it and headed out :mad: Our plan was to try and get back here another day but it never happened.

Pepper's Ghost
Ciroc Pineapple Vodka, Habanero Lime

This was delicious! I can't wait to get this again.

IMG_1603.jpg

We were headed to La Hacienda for dinner but made a stop at the festival pavilion with multiple booths inside. We stopped to get a festival favorite of ours as well as some new items for us.

Guinness Baileys Milkshake, Seafood Fisherman’s Pie, Ireland and Lobster Macaroni and Cheese with Boursin® Garlic and Fine Herbs Cheese Sauce and Lobster Cream topped with Herbed Panko

IMG_1604.jpg IMG_1605.jpg IMG_1606.jpg

Wow! All of these were fantastic! The fisherman's pie was a first for us and it is definitely a new favorite! The mac and cheese was also new to us and it was fantastic as well! And you can never go wrong with the shake. You bet we came back here again!

We finally made it to our dinner ADR. The restaurant was very empty. Our reservation was at 8:00 pm so that may have been a factor. We started off with some drinks and chips and salsa.

Blood Orange
Ambhar blanco tequila, orange liqueur, sweet-tart mix of blood orange, hint of rum and vanilla, with a Tajín chile-lime powder rim. Not sure what the other one was and a tequila flight.

IMG_1608.jpg IMG_1609.jpg IMG_1610.jpg

DH and I shared the fish tacos and DS and his GF shared the shrimp tacos. It came with beans and rice.

Baja Tacos de Pescado
Beer-battered fried Cod, Shredded Cabbage, Chipotle-Lime Aioli and Pineapple Relish in flour tortillas

Tacos de Camarones
Fried Shrimp, Chipotle-Lime Aïoli, Cabbage, and Salsa Verde on Flour Tortillas

IMG_1613.jpg IMG_1614.jpg IMG_1615.jpg IMG_1616.jpg

After a very long day and being very full and we ordered one dessert to share.

Volcan de Chocolate
Chocolate Molten Lava Cake with Raspberry Sauce

IMG_1617.jpg

This was awesome!

Our DD stayed at the hotel so we brought her back the Tlayudas Giant Tostada- Oaxacan tostada, barbacoa beef, chipotle black beans, chorizo, Mexican sour cream, and pickled onions and a chocolate molten lava cake. She loved both.

Our next day, we headed to AK. We were switching hotels also so we took a Lyft to AKV-Kidani to drop off our bags and then took a Lyft to the park. Of course, the first thing we did was go on our search for a cheese danish- with success! We also got a tiger tail chocolate twist, sausage, egg, and cheese, some coffee, and espresso. The cheese danish was fantastic as usual! The tiger tail was ok, not warmed up like the cheshire cat tail at MK. So glad I was able to find my danish! 😍

IMG_1621.jpg IMG_1622.jpg

We decided to head on the safari as it was still pretty early. It was literally the BEST safari we had ever been on! All of the animals were out. The giraffes were following our truck and getting so close! We saw even more animals out than when we have done the safari trek. It really was awesome! Anyway, we headed over to EE after and after getting off, we did our EE ritual- eggrolls and beer.

IMG_1827.jpg

We also ordered some fried rice.

IMG_1645.jpg

I don't know what it is, but the eggrolls and beer just finish out the EE ride. And the fried rice was great too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!