No car, please help!

Cassamenia

Earning My Ears
Is there a hotel that has shuttle to hotel from MCO AND shuttle to the parks? I found Delta Hotels by Marriot Orlando Lake Buena Vista and am pleased with their two shuttles a day to EPCOT but they will not shuttle me from the airport. Does this unicorn of a hotel exist or should I reserve Delta because I like the price, location and park shuttle?

I have never found a hotel that offers both.

There are several hotels close to MCO that offers a shuttle to/from the airport but not to the parks.
There are several hotels near the parks that offer shuttles to the parks but to to MCO.

Looks like you should reserve Delta and take a taxi to/from MCO.

Thank you! @MadderAdder there is nothing wrong with ride share! I was just worried because my flight comes in so late, 11:30 p.m. that it might be difficult to get an Uber or incur surge pricing. Now I need to decide: hotel with airport shuttle or parks shuttle. Any thoughts? We are only going one day to the parks (Epcot).

Now I need to decide: hotel with airport shuttle or parks shuttle. Any thoughts?
My thoughts are hotel with park shuttle.

You will not have a problem getting a taxi or ride share that late at MCO. There are many flights from around the world that arrive late which means many people needing transportation at that hour.

Thank you! @MadderAdder there is nothing wrong with ride share! I was just worried because my flight comes in so late, 11:30 p.m. that it might be difficult to get an Uber or incur surge pricing. Now I need to decide: hotel with airport shuttle or parks shuttle. Any thoughts? We are only going one day to the parks (Epcot).
You'll likely be hard pressed to find any hotel that runs a shuttle that late other than the airport hotels. Add that few want to deal with the airport shuttle at all.

Book for the park shuttles that work best for you as they are usually less frequent. Then look at the hotel and see if they partner with Mears or anyone. Transportation in Orlando isn't great and most hotels don't deal with it.

11:30 isn't late at all. Orlando is a major city with a giant airport and lots of rideshare drivers. Travelers and drivers are constantly coming and going.

It is unlikely you would encounter any surge pricing at that time.

You can also find out how much a shared service, like Mears would cost for your party and what is the best deal for you.

Another vote for there will be no issues with getting a rideshare at that time. I’d pick the hotel you prefer. The other transportation will fall into place

Surge pricing is a lot of people wanting a ride and few cars. Check the pricing different times of the day closer to your arrival date if the price is high wait a few minutes and check again. The only concern about later arrival times is Lyft May show 20 minutes Uber will show now however when you reserve the Uber you will still wait 20 minutes. Have both apps and book which is cheaper or comes up cheaper first. Sorry but everyone pays for transfers no matter where you stay now as above be happy with the shuttle to the parks that will save you far more then ride shares to from the parks. I arrived at MCO around 4am with a looooong plane delay there were others arriving as well….

You can always book a private town car service to and from the airport. They typically work 24 hours. It will cost a bit more but it is peace of mind having it scheduled.

Is there a hotel that has shuttle to hotel from MCO AND shuttle to the parks? I found Delta Hotels by Marriot Orlando Lake Buena Vista and am pleased with their two shuttles a day to EPCOT but they will not shuttle me from the airport. Does this unicorn of a hotel exist or should I reserve Delta because I like the price, location and park shuttle?
Take the LYNX Airport Bus Express 111 from MCO to Destination Parkway Bus Station. (around 40 minutes)
Then transfer to LYNX Disney Express 350 and that will stop in front of the Delta Hotel. (around 25 minutes)

Day Pass for LYNX Bus is $4.50
Week Unlimited Pass is $16

I would get the pass for as long as you are staying cause it is cheap and the LYNX 350 comes every 30 minutes to take you from Delta Hotel to Disney Springs. From there you can transfer to the LYNX 300 to get to the Disney Transportation Center of walk into Disney Springs and get on the Disney buses that take you to the Disney hotels which get you to the parks. (after 4 pm I believe the buses go directly to the parks). You use this in conjunction with the Delta shuttle (which comes I think 2-3 times in the morning and 2-3 times at night) and then you have multiple options of getting to the parks earlier or later as LYNX runs from at least 5 am in the morning till midnight.

So for example if you want to stay at the parks till close then you can take the LYNX back instead of the much earlier Delta shuttle.

Unlimited Pass will also give you options of going up to I Drive or Universal if you want to eat a a specific place or the White Castle/Portilo's/Wendy's/Taco Bell oasis on Palm Parkway.

Or get a Mears Shuttle $15 - $20 bucks one way from MCO to Delta but that's like at least 70 minutes so not that much different than the cheaper LYNX.

Don't forget to look at the total costs as well. You mention 'we' in your second post, so if there are 2 or even more people you are multiplying the cost of shuttles, while you are dividing the cost of ride share or taxi across multiple people. That's the main reason I don't do the shuttles; for a family of 4 it's not the most cost-effective or convenient option.

Nothing that's included. The airport and Disney are far enough away that none of the hotels overlap. I would recommend staying closer to Disney with an Epcot shuttle. If you don't want to risk a rideshare late at night (which has never been an issue for me), you could always book a private car or pay a bit more for a taxi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter