No Boo Boo's Left Behind.....Part 6

And @RachelTori - what are your plans for Melbourne? Have you booked any excursions??? If you haven't and want a tour guide, let me know..... ;)

Our flight departs LAX around 10:30pm, arriving in Sydney 9:15am. By then our body clocks will already be messed up anyway since we are starting on the east coast so our bodies will think it's already 1:30am! I don't normally sleep on planes, trains, or in cars....... but I don't see how I could possibly NOT sleep on the flight to Sydney from sheer exhaustion! ;)

I am traveling with my husband, Dwight. He can sleep anywhere so he's not at all concerned about the long flight! :laughing:

We will be in Melbourne on Wednesday, February 8th -- unfortunately, just for the day. Ship docks at 8:00am and departs at 6:00pm so I imagine "all aboard" would be by 5:00pm. We do not have any plans. Would love a suggestion or 2! If there's any way we could meet up, even if just for a quick hello or maybe lunch, would be awesome! Of course, if you're available that day, we would love to have a tour guide! :goodvibes

Brandi: We will be at WDW next October for our daughter's wedding! Haven't finalized the dates yet, but we will definitely be there 10/15-20! :) What are your dates?

Our flight departs LAX around 10:30pm, arriving in Sydney 9:15am. By then our body clocks will already be messed up anyway since we are starting on the east coast so our bodies will think it's already 1:30am! I don't normally sleep on planes, trains, or in cars....... but I don't see how I could possibly NOT sleep on the flight to Sydney from sheer exhaustion! ;)

I am traveling with my husband, Dwight. He can sleep anywhere so he's not at all concerned about the long flight! :laughing:

We will be in Melbourne on Wednesday, February 8th -- unfortunately, just for the day. Ship docks at 8:00am and departs at 6:00pm so I imagine "all aboard" would be by 5:00pm. We do not have any plans. Would love a suggestion or 2! If there's any way we could meet up, even if just for a quick hello or maybe lunch, would be awesome! Of course, if you're available that day, we would love to have a tour guide! :goodvibes

Let's keep chatting about this.

Option 1. If I'm not able to take the day off work:
You'll be docking into Port Melbourne. From there, there will be a tram that will take you into the heart of the city. You will need to buy a Myki Pass, which the corner/convenience store will probably sell. I will be at work in the city/CBD. We can catch up for lunch/coffee.

Option 2: If I'm able to take the day off work (my preference!!):
Your personal chauffeur and tour guide will meet you and your hubby at Port Melbourne. We can work out an appropriate Mickey dress code so we can spot each other a mile away :) or even exchange cell phone numbers so that we can contact each other. We can work out a schedule of stuff to fit between 9 - 4 pm so that I can drop you back to the shop by 5 pm.
I will assume that you may consider going to the zoo at Sydney (Taronga Zoo) and will have seen the standard koalas, kangas, wombats, platypus there. If you haven't, let me know and we can head to the Melbourne Zoo to fix that.

Melbourne CBD is considered to be one of the more European style cities in Australia. If architecture is your thing, we can just head into the city and meander around. The CBD is also known for laneways and arcades.
The CBD is also known for some of the street art....lately, it's more graffiti than art; but who knows what it'll be come Feb.
There are lots of various precincts in the CBD. Chinatown, Little Greek or even Little Italy.
If you like coffee or chocolate, we could do a coffee/chocolate walk around town.
If you prefer gardens, there are large gardens just right on the corners of the CBD; plus a number of museums.
Food wise - you'll probably get any type of cuisine you could wish for. Is there anything you and hubby want to try or do you have any dietary requirements?

If there is something else you'd like to do, let me know. There are vineyards about an hour away. We wouldn't see anything of the city if we decide to go that way.

Let's keep chatting about this.

Option 1. If I'm not able to take the day off work:
You'll be docking into Port Melbourne. From there, there will be a tram that will take you into the heart of the city. You will need to buy a Myki Pass, which the corner/convenience store will probably sell. I will be at work in the city/CBD. We can catch up for lunch/coffee.

Option 2: If I'm able to take the day off work (my preference!!):
Your personal chauffeur and tour guide will meet you and your hubby at Port Melbourne. We can work out an appropriate Mickey dress code so we can spot each other a mile away :) or even exchange cell phone numbers so that we can contact each other. We can work out a schedule of stuff to fit between 9 - 4 pm so that I can drop you back to the shop by 5 pm.
I will assume that you may consider going to the zoo at Sydney (Taronga Zoo) and will have seen the standard koalas, kangas, wombats, platypus there. If you haven't, let me know and we can head to the Melbourne Zoo to fix that.

Melbourne CBD is considered to be one of the more European style cities in Australia. If architecture is your thing, we can just head into the city and meander around. The CBD is also known for laneways and arcades.
The CBD is also known for some of the street art....lately, it's more graffiti than art; but who knows what it'll be come Feb.
There are lots of various precincts in the CBD. Chinatown, Little Greek or even Little Italy.
If you like coffee or chocolate, we could do a coffee/chocolate walk around town.
If you prefer gardens, there are large gardens just right on the corners of the CBD; plus a number of museums.
Food wise - you'll probably get any type of cuisine you could wish for. Is there anything you and hubby want to try or do you have any dietary requirements?

If there is something else you'd like to do, let me know. There are vineyards about an hour away. We wouldn't see anything of the city if we decide to go that way.

This is great information! Absolutely would love if we could spend the day together, but definitely understand that little thing called "work"!

We'll be hitting wineries in New Zealand so would rather experience Melbourne - the architecture, gardens, shops, restaurants. A coffee/chocolate walk sounds fun!

We have no dietary requirements other than I must have wine with my meal! Dwight would want beer!

Well, shoot! We will probably miss each other this time - but, you never know! :)
I was hoping to see you again, but maybe we can find away. We are thinking about coming to the Sep 2nd Bama vs Florida State game in Atlanta. Still looking at schedules.

Hey Bella, and Rachel!! Yay! Glad to see you both in here. Oh Rachel you are doing the trip I would love one day!

Hey Bella, and Rachel!! Yay! Glad to see you both in here. Oh Rachel you are doing the trip I would love one day!

Glad to be back! Yes, this trip has been on our list for a long time. Having my son living in NZ was the nudge we needed to finally book! ;)

My son and daughter-in-law are in Wellington, NZ and they are still feeling occasional aftershocks, but they are becoming less and less. :)

My son and daughter-in-law are in Wellington, NZ and they are still feeling occasional aftershocks, but they are becoming less and less. :)

I remember when they decided to move!

We visited NZ in 1999 but never made it as far south as Wellington. In two weeks we couldn't justify two islands and that much territory. I hope your son and his wife remain OK.

Glad to be back! Yes, this trip has been on our list for a long time. Having my son living in NZ was the nudge we needed to finally book! ;)

So glad to hear that they are safe and we will continue our prayers for everyone.

I remember when they decided to move!

We visited NZ in 1999 but never made it as far south as Wellington. In two weeks we couldn't justify two islands and that much territory. I hope your son and his wife remain OK.

Thanks, Alison! Eric & Katherine are okay, just a little unnerved! There is a tremendous amount of damage on the islands. My daughter & her husband (Rachel & Blake) are flying over tomorrow for 3 weeks. They plan to rent an RV and tour both islands. I'm not sure how that will work out since many of the roads are impassable. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter