NO BLUE CARD/ now what.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, yeah I just launched my Wallet on my iPhone and the card showed up automatically. I didn’t do anything else.
View attachment 634905
That’s likely the design you selected for your MagicMobile card. Go into mde - hit the bottom right icon - go to MagicMobile. Select your design. That is not the replacement for the physical cards.

Yeah I found that out after posting because I checked my wife’s phone and it wasn’t there. I went to magic pass and saw the design and it came back to me that I picked it. Haha. Sorry for the false alarm.
Are we sure though it’s not the replacement? I guess I’m not sure what else is needed if we assume that a reader will read the magic pass info regardless.

Under the extended details for the pass it shows my affiliation as DVC. Maybe there was something else Disney said, but it didn’t seem we knew what form it would take, so maybe it’s all rolled into magic pass? Would be curious what a “white card” member shows for affiliation.

Ha, yeah I just launched my Wallet on my iPhone and the card showed up automatically. I didn’t do anything else.
View attachment 634905
That's cool, my iPhone 11 hasn't done that.

Oh, wait that's for the Annual Pass, where you can select different images. It's not necessarily proof of membership for discounts. That's to add your ticket media to your wallet

Last edited:
Yeah I found that out after posting because I checked my wife’s phone and it wasn’t there. I went to magic pass and saw the design and it came back to me that I picked it. Haha. Sorry for the false alarm.
Are we sure though it’s not the replacement? I guess I’m not sure what else is needed if we assume that a reader will read the magic pass info regardless.
The design has been an option since the launch of MagicMobile. So guessing it isn’t the replacement. They said it would be baked into the mde app.

Last edited:
When I pull up my Magic Mobile pass in my iPhone wallet and tap the three dots upper right to see the “back” of it, it lists “Affiliations - DVC Y, Annual, Castaway…” Can’t read more beyond that. Below it is the QR code. So maybe the DVC membership will show up when I tap my phone (or better yet, my Apple Watch) to buy something, etc.

When I pull up my Magic Mobile pass in my iPhone wallet and tap the three dots upper right to see the “back” of it, it lists “Affiliations - DVC Y, Annual, Castaway…” Can’t read more beyond that. Below it is the QR code. So maybe the DVC membership will show up when I tap my phone (or better yet, my Apple Watch) to buy something, etc.

Yeah it’s interesting, and even if Disney did say it would be part of MDE, it would only make sense for it to be rolled into the magic pass. It’s what I would prefer honestly. I don’t want to have to juggle between checking if annual pass or DVC is the best discount, I just want them to scan my magic pass and automatically give me the best discount, or access to what I am allowed access, etc.

Odd. I swear mine used to show those affiliations but it shows nothing now (should show AP and DVC). It only shows Guest Name and ID.

ETA: I can now no longer see the DVC design or the AP designs…..

Odd. I swear mine used to show those affiliations but it shows nothing now (should show AP and DVC). It only shows Guest Name and ID.

I wonder if you have to launch MDE and go back to magic mobile and “refresh” the card. It may have similar expirations like the temp cards since I don’t think many of the wallet passes can automatically renew themselves without launching the associated app. I had to refresh my REI membership pass this morning too.

I’ve had the DVC digital card as my Magic Mobile in my Apple Wallet for many months. I have affiliations and QR code on it. Not sure if backside was there before bc this is the first time I looked. My daughter’s is part of the group. I chose a different card design for her.

Yeah it’s interesting, and even if Disney did say it would be part of MDE, it would only make sense for it to be rolled into the magic pass. It’s what I would prefer honestly. I don’t want to have to juggle between checking if annual pass or DVC is the best discount, I just want them to scan my magic pass and automatically give me the best discount, or access to what I am allowed access, etc.
It does say online that it will be through magic mobile.

I’ve had the DVC digital card as my Magic Mobile in my Apple Wallet for many months. I have affiliations and QR code on it. Not sure if backside was there before bc this is the first time I looked. My daughter’s is part of the group. I chose a different card design for her.
Yes, I haven’t looked at the back of my MM card since I put it in my wallet, so I have no idea what it said before. I’m now assuming those affiliations are linked to the QR code for purposes of discounts etc.

Now we need a “white card only” DVC member to look at the back of their MM card and tell us what it says under Affiliations.

Now we need a “white card only” DVC member to look at the back of their MM card and tell us what it says under Affiliations.

Someone in the Digital Membership Card thread under the DVC Member Services forum said they also see DVC Y and DVIC under affiliations and they have only ever owned two resale contracts, and neither were grandfathered blue card. So it doesn’t seem those affiliation designations alone indicate member type.

I have Never been able to get my app to say I’m DVC even with help from Disney
All our DVC list my name first and it still won’t work - any suggestions ??

ETA: I can now no longer see the DVC design or the AP designs…..
I should mention that when I go into my profile I still see DVC, AP, and Visa holder as affiliations. I am not understanding why it won’t carry over to the MagicMobile anymore.

I was able to get a DVC Member MM pass style and we just have resale contracts.

I stupidly changed the pass style to something else and now I can't see the DVC style any more! Luckily I took a screen shot of my MM with the DVC style. Bit gutted that I shouldn't have changed.

They are having issues. I fiddle faddled until I got it back. I noticed if I went into my profile and removed my cell phone and then added it back and verified it that the DVC (and ap for me) designs showed back up. Don’t ask me how I figured this out but I did. I then removed the current pass from wallet. I then added the pass again. It now has the DVC design and my affiliations are listed. Not touching it again.

So I have Resale contracts, and went into the extended MM pass in Apple wallet and here is my Affiliations.

DVC ND, DVIC

I wonder if DVIC is the Disney Visa Card? I have that too.

Attachments

• IMG_5875.jpg
    IMG_5875.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 16
Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter