NO 90+10 on a split stay

Ithe answer was that the system could not be overridden by anyone.

1) This is blatantly incorrect.
2) There are several layers of people that have ADR Override Codes.
3) We override for several reasons
. . . to get people into sold out eateries (eg. CRT, Le Cellier)
. . . to get past the 90+10 for split ressies (normally done for DVC splits) *
. . . to get people ADR's at opening or at closing of the restaurant
. . . to get big groups of special people in

* It is very frequent that DVC ressies are done day-by-day, so they are actually several separate ressies linked together. Unlike a split between resorts that are done on purpose by the guest which are really different reservations, these were done due to the system restraints of DVC ressies.

Don't get me wrong folks. I don't want the CM's to do something that is against policy.

My panties are in a bunch over the fact that policy was (apparently) changed due to people abusing the system.

That really is unfortunate that "some" people were trying to cheat the system with "dummie" one night reservations that they planned to cancel later. I happen to have a one night ressie before my free dining starts but I booked it that way because 1) it was cheaper to fly out on saturday and 2) I like to have a no park (relax) day for traveling.

I understand why disney felt they needed to change their policy regarding split stays but the inconsistency is what I DON'T understand. Even though I was one of the people allowed to book my ADR's using my room only ressie, it's not fair for people that were NOT allowed to. :confused3:rolleyes1

I'm sorry to hear that people are still having problems with this so I just had to reply.

I too have a split stay in August -- not because we are trying to beat the system with free dining, but because I am a DVC member and we want to try out 2 different resorts -- Kidani Village and the treehouse Villas. As a DVC member I can't even get free dining.

The date I could make my ADRs was before the first day of the free dining booking so based on my experience and that of others who reported here, this policy does not seem to be related to just free dining, but rather the way the new dining system works and how you have to give your reservation number. This was in fact the explanation I was given.

I and many others had problems booking dining for split stays before the first day of free dining ADRs. Some reported success and some did not. It seemed to depend on the CM you got. The first CM I spoke with would not make anything past the last day of the first ressie. It definitely can be done and the CMs who did it for me (one regular dining CM and one in guest services) did not say they were doing anything that they weren't "supposed" to do. They just said it definitely was a problem with how the new system is designed.

Many people do split stays for many different reasons and I don't think it's fair that we lose our 10 day advantage because we want to stay at 2 different resorts. Day 1 should be the day you arrive and it should not matter how many places you choose to stay. And I think it is even more upsetting to people who are reading that some had no problems or had a CM that did it for them while others could not. Everyone should have the same policy.

Okay, I feel better now that I got that off my chest :goodvibes I just feel so bad for everyone who reports that the CM won't do this for them. Not everyone is trying to override the system. We just want to make ADRs so we can have a magical trip to the world, that's not too much to ask, right?;)

As the person responsible for making the ADRs for our party of 8, I just wanted to make sure we got everything so we could accommodate everyone's requests so that everyone will be happy:)

I just hope they figure this out soon and have one policy for everyone to follow. Good luck to those who have split stay ADRs coming up soon. Hope you get what you want :wizard:

Is the ADR (and its confirmation #) actually tied to the resort reservation #. We have a split stay at 2 different deluxe resorts (just wanted to try them both out). I called 90 days out from the first and didn't mention the other (didn't have to last year so I didn't think anything of it). Our entire stay is during free dining so this wasn't to beat the system. Will checking out from the one, wipe out my remaining ADRs? Just want to be sure.

I don't think it should be inconsistent - either they should allow it or they shouldn't.

I am a new DVC member, and am doing a split stay also, because our developer points could only be used at SSR under the promotion we got, and then we are using some of our own points to try out BLT:banana:

So far, I have made reservations based on 90 days for the length of our first stay. Maybe I'll try for the rest and see what happens . . .

They only way that it would really matter would be if you are on the dining plan and book something like the Pioneer Hall or Mickey's Backyard BBQ where you either prepay or use a cc guarantee. If you go past your 1st reservation check out date the computer will no longer see your dining plan because it will have to be manually removed by the CM on the phone. Same with CRT!!! SO, if you are on the dine plan, book past your 10+ or have a split stay and book one of the above, I would check your credit card statement, you have probably been charged and will have to trade out your dine plan once you arrive at the location.

No problem making any split stay ADRs either. We are there during FD, but staying DVC and not on the DDP. It wasn't an issue and the CM didn't even mention it. I did notice on the recorded info prior to picking up that it says you can make your reservations for your upcoming stay. There are many of us that have split stays and not to cheat the system. There are plenty of folks on the FD that are coming in a day or two early prior to the beginning of the FD. They are not cheating the system. We are DVC and always come in on a Saturday and pay cash before checking into our DVC resort on Sunday.

I was able to book my adr's for our split stay from 8/8-8/20.I called 90 days out from the 1st reservation and booked for 10 days.Then called back each day after that to add on 1 day until the 20th.Only the 1st cm said it couldn't be done.The rest never even questioned it.So guess the system isn't allowing it anymore at all.
I too was able to book a split stay for my upcoming July trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter