Night Court revival

bcla

On our rugged Eastern foothills.....
I don't necessarily think of this as a reboot as it picks up from the original series rather than creating an alternate reality. I just saw bits and pieces of the commercial when watching football.

I wonder who they might bring back in a guest roles in the future who might have been there in the past. Obviously not Mel Torre or John Astin (But I'm feeling much better now). Brent Spiner is still around though.

I wonder who they might bring back in a guest roles in the future who might have been there in the past. Obviously not Mel Torre or John Astin (But I'm feeling much better now). Brent Spiner is still around though.

John Astin is still around, but he is 92. They've gotta have Spiner, and what about Yakov Smirnoff? "In Russia, Night Court reboots you!"

John Astin is still around, but he is 92. They've gotta have Spiner, and what about Yakov Smirnoff? "In Russia, Night Court reboots you!"

You mean he's not dead yet? I was pretty sure he was dead. Then that line would be perfect.

Yakov Smirnoff is Ukrainian, so I'm not sure those jokes are going to work all that well. I'm pretty sure he's gone away from that with his show in Branson.

You mean he's not dead yet? I was pretty sure he was dead. Then that line would be perfect.

Yakov Smirnoff is Ukrainian, so I'm not sure those jokes are going to work all that well. I'm pretty sure he's gone away from that with his show in Branson.

He is not dead.

Yeah, Yakov might not use that same bit, but it'd still be great to see him.

I enjoyed the first two episodes and plan to keep watching, but I WAS kind of hoping they'd mention Christine, especially with Dan in her old job. But you can't cram everything into the first two two episodes, and even the original series took a while to really get off the ground. I love that they've continued the heavy use of sight gags, and the old sets.

It was okay, and I will watch a couple more episodes to decide if I will stick with it. I love Bernadette (LOL) as the judge. I thought she did an excellent job. I loved Gergs (I think that was her name) Not sure about Neil and the other lawyer. They seemed a little bland to me. I think shows need a few episodes to find their rhythm. Some of the funniest shows started a little lackluster. It definitely has potential.

I thought they were "meh". It seemed like they went for "low hanging fruit" with jokes and gags. I remember a lot of smart, snide remarks from many characters in the original that I just didn't see in these. I'll try to watch a couple more episodes, but if things don't improve, there's lots of other content out there.

I usually give new shows a few episodes in. My parents were huge fans of the original so of course I saw a few (I also met John Larouqette when I saw him in a play-awesome human).

I also love Melissa Rauch (aka Bernadette from TBBT) and Lacretta (she has also been on broadway) so I’m excited but also cautious

NBC has lost me as far as their comedies go. They cancel far too many to make it worth my while to get invested in anything. Mr. Mayor, Growing up Fisher, Abby's Place, and on and on. Seems like they just don't give them a chance, so I don't bother anymore, either. At least not until it's got a few seasons under its belt.

(And my general rant about any reboot: Is there really nothing new in Hollywood? The only choices are to reboot 35 year old shows? Come on, people.)

I usually give new shows a few episodes in. My parents were huge fans of the original so of course I saw a few (I also met John Larouqette when I saw him in a play-awesome human).

I also love Melissa Rauch (aka Bernadette from TBBT) and Lacretta (she has also been on broadway) so I’m excited but also cautious
I rest like him! He’s from Nola & went to the same school as DH & now DS here. It’s the main reason I tuned in b/c they brought him back.

I'm glad you brought this up because I hadn't heard of it and I LOVED Night Court. I'll give it a shot if I can figure out where to watch it. No cable or cable streaming here. I'd probably say I wouldn't expect much from a "sequel."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter