Nicole & Colin 4/12/13, WP, ADH, UK/DP **5/23 Update - Wedding Dress Pictures!!!

Wshs0127

Mouseketeer
Directory
(Still waiting to book and will complete this as I go along - thanks Danielle for the copied format)

Basic Wedding Information:

Wedding Date: Friday, April 12, 2013

Ceremony Location: Disney's Wedding Pavilion - 2:30 p.m.

Reception Location: Atlantic Dance Hall, Boardwalk Resort

Dessert Party Location: UK Pavilion Epcot

Disney's Fairy Tale Wedding Planner: Christy Brown

Disney Floral Event Designer: Heather Sparby
Disney Floral

Officiant: Rev Kevin Knox

Wedding Photographers:
Regina Hyman

Wedding Videographers: Stan with STVS

Hair and Makeup: Beauté Spécialé (www.beautespeciale.com)

Colors: Marine blue, Pistachio (light green) and white

Wedding Party:
5 bridesmaids, 4 groomsmen, 1 Jr bridesmaid, 1 flower girl, 2 ring bearers.

Guest Count: Estimated 75

Wedding Planning Information:
About Us/Our Engagement Story

I've been reading around on these boards for a while and I thought its about time I start my own PJ. I'm anxiously waiting to get my date booked next month for a WP ceremony, GF reception and UK DP!! Will post more on our story soon....

Ok so here goes my first attempt at my PJ...

Our Story:
Colin and I met in 2008 when he came to visit the US from Scotland for work (we work at the same company). I didn't know him well then and it wasn't until early 2011 after he moved to the US, that we realized something was there between us and we took that step into a relationship. We spent most of our first year at Disney at least once per month, sometimes twice, YES we are Disney fanatics and live close enough to drive easily!!! We are both kids at heart and he has lovingly accepted my two children as well which was hugely important to me. Being raised in two totally different countries of the world has not stopped us from having tons of things in common, it's amazing how similar our personalities are!

Here we are:
DSC03658.jpg

And with the Kids at Chef Mickey's:
DSC02610.jpg

The Engagement:
It was Christmas Eve and we were both not having the greatest day, we both woke up in horrible moods and my children were spending their first Christmas Eve night away from me so I was an emotional mess. I was sitting at the computer in the living room when he came to kiss me bye and said he had to go run an errand and I was thinking "must be last minute Christmas shopping." He told me to go get ready while he was gone and we would go do something to lift our moods (since it was Christmas Eve and sour moods are not allowed on that day lol)! He called me when he was on his way home to ask me what I wanted for lunch and of course I hadn't though about it and was in-decisive. At that point he told me he had a plan for lunch and that he would be there to get me soon. When he came home, he came inside and grabbed the ice chest and said "we're going to have a picnic on the beach" and of course I was fine with that and had no idea what was coming. He packed the ice chest while I obviously wasn't paying attention and we drove to the beach. We live about 5 minutes from a beautiful beach and it was like 70 degrees outside. We set up a blanket and ate sandwiches on the beach and just talked and laughed about everything. He started talking about how he would love to move forward with our lives (this is a conversation we had spoken about recently) and eventually he came to saying "what a better time than right now" and before I knew it he was on one knee asking me to marry him. It all happened so fast and I was so shocked I didn't know what to say. I knew it was coming eventually, but not that day. He had also put a bottle of champagne and strawberries in the ice chest without me knowing. Long story short, we ended up having a bottle of champagne and strawberries and then we left the beach newly engaged to go celebrate with family.

The Ring:
iPhone709.jpg

welcome and thanks for commenting on my PJ! we will totally have to follow each other, cant wait to hear your plans!!!

:confused: OMGoodness Ladies! ***WARNING*** I just deleted my account on theknot.com due to absolute rudeness from the other brides on that website. I simply posted an etiquette question about the wording on our invites for having a smaller destination wedding and then having our vows blessed in a church a year later with a post party with a larger crowd back home...and who should be invited to the shower, etc, etc. I'm trying to accommodate both crowds as we can't have them all at the Disney wedding. Keep in mind, this is my first time getting married and therefore I wanted to see who should be invited to the shower (so I can prepare a list for my shower host), and how we should handle not inviting everyone to the destination wedding (I never mentioned Disney and thank goodness I didn't, I would have been slammed even worse I'm sure).

Well, my fiance and I were shocked :scared1: and I mean SHOCKED at the rude responses I received. Instead of being nice about it, and possibly giving their constructive criticism, I got called a selfish spoiled brat, my state of Florida was criticized basically by someone stating "why do they always have to be from Florida" which is basically saying that the state I live in is full of idiots. I was told I was all about me, me, me, when actually in doing these two separate events, we are considering our guests more than anyone because we can't afford to have everyone at our Disney wedding! We could just get our vows blessed quietly in the church and be done with it, but I was considering everyone who won't be invited to our Disney wedding and planning to host a celebration for them after our vow blessing, it's not for me!! Is there something wrong with that idea?????

And it gets better, I was actually told that the church would not accept the idea of us choosing to get married outside of the church and then having my vows blessed and the funny thing is I had already had this discussion with my priest and he said it's becoming more common these days and there is nothing wrong with it....SO THERE! YOU RUDE, JEALOUS, THEKNOT.COM BRIDES!!!! :mad:

Am I just totally insane and doing the wrong thing or are these people just crazy mean girls???? I've not seen anyone on the disboards be rude like this to anyone, everyone has been so accepting on here and it's great! I know these people are probably pathetic lowlifes who love to rain on other people's happy parades, it's just disgraceful that people could be so mean! :confused3

Welcome :wave2: congrats on your big day :goodvibes don't let other people get to you, you are marrying the man of your dreams & having a DISNEY wedding!! :banana:

Congrats! Your engagement story is so cute! Can't wait to read along! :goodvibes

Thanks! :goodvibes

welcome and thanks for commenting on my PJ! we will totally have to follow each other, cant wait to hear your plans!!!

Thanks and hopefully I'll get some plans going soon. I have tons of thoughts just none posted yet. I feel like it's not real until I get my date booked, it's like time is standing still!!!

Welcome :wave2: congrats on your big day :goodvibes don't let other people get to you, you are marrying the man of your dreams & having a DISNEY wedding!! :banana:

Thank you, I appreciate that! :hug: I was so upset, I'm just not like that and don't understand how others can be so mean.

Oh my!!!!!!!! You poor thing! I am so sorry you had to go through that! :mad: that is totally uncalled for! I really do know how you feel. Except in my case, those comments about "being a selfish brat who considers no one but themselves" come from my mom instead of other brides. Trust me, hon, when i say i understnad your frustration and totally symathize! :hug:
Like ive come to say and the girls on here say, POO-POO ON THE NAYSAYERS! :)
I know its easier said than done, but brush it off and try to enjoy the process no matter what others say!
In other news, i love your adorable story! :love: thanks for sharing and i hope you arent turned off to all the bridal forums because i want to hear all about your planning!
and another :hug: just for good measure!

Hi Nicole! I had to come check out your PJ once I saw that you had started one. Your proposal sounds so romantic! And how could you get a prettier backdrop than our beach? As far as the Knot, I decided very early on not to be a poster there. It gets extremely catty, your case is definitely the rule and not the exception. I chalk it up to jealousy. I don't think anything rational would cause people to be so rude. You won't find that here :thumbsup2

Oh my!!!!!!!! You poor thing! I am so sorry you had to go through that! :mad: that is totally uncalled for! I really do know how you feel. Except in my case, those comments about "being a selfish brat who considers no one but themselves" come from my mom instead of other brides. Trust me, hon, when i say i understnad your frustration and totally symathize! :hug:
Like ive come to say and the girls on here say, POO-POO ON THE NAYSAYERS! :)
I know its easier said than done, but brush it off and try to enjoy the process no matter what others say!
In other news, i love your adorable story! :love: thanks for sharing and i hope you arent turned off to all the bridal forums because i want to hear all about your planning!
and another :hug: just for good measure!

Thanks Kate! You're so sweet! :hug: I'm sorry you have to deal with that from your Mom, that's no good. At least you have us girls on the board for support right!! I feel like I'm gaining a bunch of new friends on here, it's so cool!! :goodvibes Don't worry about me, I'm not going anywhere! I'm stuck on these boards, I love you girls!! :hug:

Hi Nicole! I had to come check out your PJ once I saw that you had started one. Your proposal sounds so romantic! And how could you get a prettier backdrop than our beach? As far as the Knot, I decided very early on not to be a poster there. It gets extremely catty, your case is definitely the rule and not the exception. I chalk it up to jealousy. I don't think anything rational would cause people to be so rude. You won't find that here :thumbsup2

Thanks Michelle! I totally agree its jealousy, thanks for your kind words. You too are so sweet! :hug: Yes you can't beat our beach. You can't get that kind of weather and that backdrop on Christmas Eve without travelling pretty far! I guess we're lucky :goodvibes

Today is one month until we can book our DFTW!!! :banana: Yay!!! :goodvibes

:banana: How exciting for you!! Just catching up, and I too can totally relate to the 'selfish' comments. My mother was the same, which is why we waited until we were married 5 years to have our wedding ;)

And sorry you had a bad experience with the knot -- there are a lot of places out there that aren't friendly, but this place is great! Looking forward to hearing more about your plans!

Wow what a shocking group of people... stay well away from them, you won't get any of that here!

Destination wedding etiquette is hard... I think you just have to go with your gut. You know your friends and family better than anyone.

We have decided not to officially 'invite' anyone, we are just going to send out save the dates, and see who responds. I don't want anyone to feel obligated to come with us to Florida, but obviously would love it if they are there. Giving them an RVSP date of 14ish months before the wedding so we know if we have to go with Wishes or Escape (more than likely it will be Escape which is fine by me :D)

Looking forward to reading more of your plans!! xx

Hi! I came over from my pj and I love your proposal story. Very sweet! Oh, and I can't believe what happened to you on The Knot! I can't believe they allow stuff like that to go on! Oh, well. As far as I've seen in my little time here you won't encounter anything like that on these boards. Just lots of nice, friendly, helpful people! Can't wait to read more!

:banana: How exciting for you!! Just catching up, and I too can totally relate to the 'selfish' comments. My mother was the same, which is why we waited until we were married 5 years to have our wedding ;)

And sorry you had a bad experience with the knot -- there are a lot of places out there that aren't friendly, but this place is great! Looking forward to hearing more about your plans!

Thanks, and you're right, this place is great, I think I'll stick around for a while for sure ;)

Wow what a shocking group of people... stay well away from them, you won't get any of that here!

Destination wedding etiquette is hard... I think you just have to go with your gut. You know your friends and family better than anyone.

We have decided not to officially 'invite' anyone, we are just going to send out save the dates, and see who responds. I don't want anyone to feel obligated to come with us to Florida, but obviously would love it if they are there. Giving them an RVSP date of 14ish months before the wedding so we know if we have to go with Wishes or Escape (more than likely it will be Escape which is fine by me :D)

Looking forward to reading more of your plans!! xx

That's an idea to send out save the dates and just see who responds. :thumbsup2 It's tricky when you want to extend the invite to so many people, but then you really secretly don't want that many to show up because of the expense lol :scared1: I see you're located in London, my fiance is from Scotland and we just went up there for a visit in January (my first time out of the US and seeing snow). I went crazy shopping in London. Everything is so beautiful in Britain! xx

Hi! I came over from my pj and I love your proposal story. Very sweet! Oh, and I can't believe what happened to you on The Knot! I can't believe they allow stuff like that to go on! Oh, well. As far as I've seen in my little time here you won't encounter anything like that on these boards. Just lots of nice, friendly, helpful people! Can't wait to read more!

Thanks, I definitely haven't come across anyone on the disboards that are rude or mean, everyone is so nice :goodvibes I seriously look forward to logging in and catching up with everyone, it's like cyber friends :hug:

Sorry Ladies! :sad2: My lack of board posting experience led to my link in my signature to stop working the past couple days. Thanks Kate for letting me know. :hug: But, it's all fixed now and all is good. Next up, the picture posting lesson, let's see how this one goes. :rotfl: Wish me luck :rolleyes1

BMDresses.jpg

So here's what I'm thinking of for BM dresses. :yay: There are two different designs and each have a different trim color, either blue and green or blue and ivory. My colors are in the background of the collage, blue, green and ivory/white! I love the cala lily bouquets as well so I plan to have those as my flowers for the wedding. I found the necklace online and I fell in love with it, but of course all of this could change when we actually get in a store to try things on lol.

What do you girls think? :confused3 Do I need a darker color along with my blue and green and ivory for contrast? I love that dark brown espresso color that's popular these days, but it's a Spring wedding so not sure I need that. My Mom says the colors are fine as is, but I keep thinking and just don't know what to do!

Next up...wedding dress thoughts, stay tuned....;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter