nice meal for the grown-ups

grannyed

Mouseketeer
hello again - thanks for all your help on previous threads.

we have booked a couple of character meals for the children but we woild also like to book somewhere really nice for their mum and dad. We are planning to send them off to have a nice dinner - just the two of them - and we (ie gran and grandad) babysit and then another evening we'll do the same.

anyone recommend somewhere - perhaps a little bit upmarket - more for couples than families (is that possible in WDW) it will be a one-off treat so we don't mind if it is a little expensive. or maybe there is somewhere off WDW.

Can I start by saying what GREAT grand parents you are! How wonderful!

I cannot recommend highly enough Arthurs 27 at the Wyndham palace hotel. (now called Buena Vista palace?)

its an amazing panoramic view from the 27th floor.. over downtown Disney (its right opposite DTD) - the food is amazing... it has won the best restaurant in orlando (including all the Disney ones) many times, and is MUCH cheaper than V& A's (and apparently much nicer, although i have to say ive not been to V & A's) - its romantic and elegant... it was about $70 for 6 courses or something like that.. not overpriced, but expensive... and goodness it was WORTH every penny!

The food we had there was one of the best meals I have EVER eaten and ive been to many top restaurants in london... the ivy, anthony worrall thompsons, gary rhodes, the savoy, etc....

They have picture window and each table is in its own little section, so perfect for a couple. at 9pm you have a perfect view of the Epcot fireworks from one side (but you can always go and view them from the bar area if your table is facing the other way)

I really thought it was amazing...

As someone who has eaten at V & a's many times, I would reccommend it every time. its very romantic and the wine pairing/food match is superb!

We really like Flying Fish Cafe at the Boardwalk for a nice meal for adults :)

The Yachtsman Steakhouse at Disney's Yacht Club is very nice for anyone for who likes their steaks :)
Claire ;)

If they are willing to venture off-site, the Peabody on I Drive has two really great restaurants. One is a reasonably priced steak place and the other is quite expensive ($300 for 2 people), but is the nicest place I've ever eaten at. It was a wonderful experience and worth every penny.

The setting, service and food are all 10/10 at V&A. It's a wonderful atmosphere, and great for a romantic meal for two.

DH and I also enjoy having a meal at Bistro de Paris in Epcot. The restaurant is above Chefs de France and there are wonderful Illuminations views from the window tables. Delicious Foie Gras and exceptional service!

:wizard:

I loved V&As. DH thought it was too stuffy though! We put DD into kids club. She is getting too old now but I can't wait to go back.

Susan

http://www.allearsnet.com/din/rest_gltable.htm
Here is more dining info.

One of the most memorable restaurants is Jiko in the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It's unusual & romantic.

The Flying Fish on the Boardwalk is glorious, especially if you love great seafood, but the other offerings are wonderful too.

Another vote for Citrico's at the Grand Floridian. The wine pairings are perfect!

California Grill at the Contemporary, amazing view of Magic Kingdom.

Victoria & Albert's at the GF, world class, but, gentlemen need a jacket, ladies, evening attire. Not something I usually pack for WDW!

Enjoy! :sunny:

Sadly, Arthur's 27 closed a few months ago, and we are still waiting to see what will replace it. I would certainly endorse the recommendation for Jiko, while the Dining Room at Wolfgang Puck's is also excellent, as is Portobello Yacht Club (both at DD). You could also try Salt Island Chophouse on I-Drive, or any of the following on Sand Lake Road - Timpano, Seasons 52, Roy's, Moonfish and Christini's. You're certainly not short of choice!

I've never eaten at V&A so i can't comment on that, but we do love Citricos (also at the Grand Floridian)....that would be my choice......

definitely NOT the california grill....way too noisy....

SimonV said:
I would certainly endorse the recommendation for Jiko[ QUOTE]

I'd agree with that - we had a wonderful meal there and it's a beautiful setting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter