News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Next will be the Country Bears as the "Negatively Depict Bears as Humans" SMH
Different strokes for different folks?
we’ve always disliked trader Sam, won’t step foot in country bears because it’s got some very song of the south undertones, and HATED the now-removed wench scene in POTC, super dislike how Pluto is treated in new runway railway ride.

however, you won’t find me causing a fuss, because people have different comfort levels with culture and historical depictions.

people say it’s harmless, but as a southern mom with young kids, I just really want them to grow up with respect towards people, even if we disagree on things.

Last edited:

Different strokes for different folks?
we’ve always disliked trader Sam, won’t step foot in country bears because it’s got some very song of the south undertones, and HATED the now-removed wench scene in POTC.

however, you won’t find me causing a fuss, because people have different comfort levels with culture and historical depictions.

people say it’s harmless, but as a southern mom with young kids, I just really want them to grow up with respect towards people, even if we disagree on things.
How can you still ride Pirates with such horrible words in the song........what are you teaching your kids by doing so? "We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot. " oh its all in good fun :)

How can you still ride Pirates with such horrible words in the song........what are you teaching your kids by doing so? "We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot. " oh its all in good fun :)
Still ride pirates, we don’t plan to erase history even if it makes us uncomfortable. Pirates historically ravage towns, but we also don’t look to them as role models. We also teach the kids what to do if someone comes at them with ill intent :rolleyes1

but portraying someone historically accurate (pirates being pirates) versus using stereotypes and tropes is a different conversation entirely.

Now when people start to erase history, that’s a problem.

take Disneyland in the 1950s showing off a plastic house made by Monsanto... there’s an argument that they should discuss that because it shows we learned from it, like Disney did. But I’m sure people were upset when they started the Disney conservation fund and have made moves to move away from plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter