News Round Up 2020

It’s the shareholders not the executives. Seriously.
Exactly. One man can’t do this to a company unless the shareholders are onboard with it. Which they are because they’ve seen nice dividends over the past many years. This isn’t all on one man’s decisions.

It’s the shareholders not the executives. Seriously.

There is a feeling of abandonment by the executives among the worker though, and that is part of the health of the company. For them to revise the number of layoffs up 4000 but not address their own pay or compensation, agitates this. Especially when they are seeing bright spots elsewhere. Last month Josh D'Amaro was reportedly walking around apologizing to CMs in person. Oriental Land Company upper management is reportedly taking 50% pay cuts, an increase from their previously stated cuts. Universal was trying to do things to keep as many workers as they can and they also announced 1500ish layoff today, but also seem to signal that Epic Universe was on hold, since that's not where they needed their money right now.

If Disney didn't pay out dividends for the year then yes the shareholders would complain, but if the executives didn't get their bonuses, I'm doubt there would be a outcry amongst them. I agree that they are not the villains some make them out to be, but to time this press release on a national holiday seems like an effort to minimize uproar and avoid having to address questions such as the ones that they were provided with last announcement.

There is a feeling of abandonment by the executives among the worker though, and that is part of the health of the company. For them to revise the number of layoffs up 4000 but not address their own pay or compensation, agitates this. Especially when they are seeing bright spots elsewhere. Last month Josh D'Amaro was reportedly walking around apologizing to CMs in person. Oriental Land Company upper management is reportedly taking 50% pay cuts, an increase from their previously stated cuts. Universal was trying to do things to keep as many workers as they can and they also announced 1500ish layoff today, but also seem to signal that Epic Universe was on hold, since that's not where they needed their money right now.

If Disney didn't pay out dividends for the year then yes the shareholders would complain, but if the executives didn't get their bonuses, I'm doubt there would be a outcry amongst them. I agree that they are not the villains some make them out to be, but to time this press release on a national holiday seems like an effort to minimize uproar and avoid having to address questions such as the ones that they were provided with last announcement.
It will be interesting to see the proxy statement this year and see what their bonuses were. They finally filed their 10-K yesterday and reported stock options to Alan Braverman, but we don’t have any bonus info yet.

Yes it's great that the parks are busy but seeing people traveling still concerns. Especially when it's advised not to.

yes it’s great the parks are full.The people that advise people not to travel all have jobs. People need our help. I’m willing to help out. I’m going beginning of December and end of January. If you don’t want to go don’t go. No reason to be angry about it.
Plus I’m helping out in other ways also. December and January I have I think 5 reservations of families coming to wdw that I rented out points to. Two more reservations think one in April and one in May. Helps me out also of course.

Last edited:
I believe Disney’s corporate minimum wage increase to $15 takes effect in about 10 months.

I do think its interesting because come 2026 disney universal and company will again be bottom of the barrel on the wage scale while asking more from their employees than say target.

I always found it interesting for the longest time how seaworld paid the most in the area for parks.

yes it’s great the parks are full.The people that advise people not to travel all have jobs. People need our help. I’m willing to help out. I’m going beginning of December and end of January. If you don’t want to go don’t go. No reason to be angry about it.
There is a reason to be angry. We all want this to end yet people aren't willing to do their part. It has nothing to do with people having jobs or not it's been advised for people to not do any unnecessary travel. Judging by the amount of people traveling for Thanksgiving people don't listen.

Back in July and August there was no demand. We are in a pandemic so traveling right now is not advised. But you do you.

I dont know why and not saying its right, but you are correct, people have stopped listening.

And I think that ship has sailed and isn't turning around. You are fighting a losing battle.

Back in July and August there was no demand. We are in a pandemic so traveling right now is not advised. But you do you.
EC7FBF74-66D9-4ED1-BFAF-9312D1C3E34B.jpeg

What about in October?

Don’t give me this humanitarian spiel when your agenda has purely been to make snarky comments about Disney and how people weren’t going. But now that people are going, you’re saying they shouldn’t because we’re in a pandemic. Funny. I was under the impression we’ve been in a pandemic since March

View attachment 540609

What about in October?

Don’t give me this humanitarian spiel when your agenda has purely been to make snarky comments about Disney and how people weren’t going. But now that people are going, you’re saying they shouldn’t because we’re in a pandemic. Funny. I was under the impression we’ve been in a pandemic since March
Why do you always attack me for everything I say.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter