• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2020

I just got back, and it felt like Disney was doing a good job of enforcement during the week and I saw very little non-compliance. However, on the weekend, when it got uncomfortably crowded as parks filled close to 35% capacity, there was much more frequent improper use. With the increased crowds, 6 feet was really not possible so it was a little concerning to see all of the masks below noses or off entirely. I also saw plenty of yellow shirted cast members during the week, but not one on the weekend when there are more people and more need to monitor masks.
So sounds like a bit more attention is needed on the weekends, you def. don't want it slipping when more people are there and less room to get away. Thanks for sharing your first hand experience :)

These numbers are *nowheres near* high enough for me to go. Maybe at like 99.8% (1 in 500 non-compliant). Far too much of the park is indoors where the air circulates all day for 95% to be good enough.

Maybe they’ll install more Purell stations in response to the article about the airborne virus.
I don’t think 99-100% is realistic in any place. It should be but it just isn’t. Obviously a personal decision but I found Disney to be very good in terms of mask compliance especially compared to Universal. I also currently work at a grocery store part time. Disney was 1000% better than that.

Just curious for those there recently. Does mask compliance seem to be the same at Disney Springs as it is in the parks? It seems on here that mask compliance is lower at Disney Springs but possibly that is just my interpretation.
I think it’s close, maybe a tiny bit less. I didn’t have any problems at Springs. I wasn’t there for more than two hours or so tho. I saw someone turned away for trying to wear a gaiter in.

I think it’s close, maybe a tiny bit less. I didn’t have any problems at Springs. I wasn’t there for more than two hours or so tho. I saw someone turned away for trying to wear a gaiter in.
From our experiences at Springs I would say it’s a bit worse, especially at night. Less CMs out patrolling and a lot more guests killing about so you do see more noses or chin straps. But I’d still peg it at 85% compliance. Probably even higher.

I don’t know about that either way but I certainly wish it was easy to wall off anything that isnt TV-Y or G.
Maybe I am misinterpreting your sentence, but it does restrict by age. My kids are 7 and 9 and they cannot even search for stuff PG and above. My 9 year old wanted to watch Secret Society of Second Born Royals again (after I had already watched it with them under my username) and it wasn't there. I logged in on her ipad under my user and it came up.

I go to the parks all the time but I avoid Springs like the plague. The few times I’ve been there (family was visiting, so part could be because I don’t have as much control of how I walk and dodge people) I got extreme anxiety. Especially inside the stores and WoD. But I feel the same way inside gift shops in the parks to a lesser extent. Crowds stress me out anyway. But now with the virus I just feel it’s impossible. I don’t mind it outside at much though it’s still not pleasant at Springs. But inside I end up having attacks and having to leave.

Other than this site what does everyone read, websites, etc. to stay up to date on the latest DVC news, happenings at Disney and anything Disney related?

If this post is against the rules I do apologize

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter