News Round Up 2020

Good signs pointing to vaccinations starting around then. Better treatments already happening.

I think 2021 will start seeing things improve, slowly but surely. You don't have to agree with me. 🙂

No worries, was curious where you were coming from. I work in drug research (cancer, not directly with vaccines) and don’t think we’ll have broad access to vaccines until later 2021 and the initial vaccines are likely to be only 50-60% effective. Mask wearing is thought to be 80+% effective IF people wear them.

No worries, was curious where you were coming from. I work in drug research (cancer, not directly with vaccines) and don’t think we’ll have broad access to vaccines until later 2021 and the initial vaccines are likely to be only 50-60% effective. Mask wearing is thought to be 80+% effective IF people wear them.

It still points to an improving 2021. I'll take it! 😀

So if you combine the 50 - 60% and wear a mask you should be way better than today.

50-60 is the target. They could wind up much more effective (or of course, much less), we just won’t know until the trials are done.

Good signs pointing to vaccinations starting around then. Better treatments already happening.

I think 2021 will start seeing things improve, slowly but surely. You don't have to agree with me. 🙂
I've decided this is like a new relationship. In a new relationship you should never propose a plan that will happen more than the length of the relationship into the future. For example, if you've been dating a month you can only make plans for one month out. So we are all making plans for this to be over after we double the current length, which would be (let me check) April...

(For those that can't tell, this is a poor attempt of humor)

Last edited:
Not sure if it has been posted here yet, but the Grand Floridian Orchestra is leaving the Grand Floridian Resort permanently. :( They just posted this sad news on Facebook. Their last day performing in DHS as the Disney Society Orchestra is October 3rd. They will be missed in WDW, after 32 years of playing together. :( :(

Non-Disney News:

Just got an e-mail from Six Flags that they are extending 2020 season pass through all of the 2021 season. The most shocking thing, they are extending meal passes and flash pass through next year as well.

We were actually going to buy our 2021 passes this week but hadn't gotten around to it yet, so sometimes procrastination pays off.
Cedar Fair did the same thing for their pass holders too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter