News Round Up 2020

Epcot seems normal come August/September. Seeing some 9-9 days in there unless they haven’t updates all of it yet.
Interesting. AK and MK show shorter hours through Oct 31 and then there’s nothing posted for Nov/Dec. The Blog Mickey article doesn’t mention anything about Epcot closing times which given all the 3rd party restaurants makes sense.

I'm assuming they're focusing on MK/DAK first because they'll be first to reopen?
I’m betting they’ll all get updated today. Disney seems to usually roll schedule changes out slowly over a few hours (which in 2020 is insane, because it indicates a human is performing a manual process that could be automated by a high schooler)

I wonder what this all means for things like the Halloween parties. I know they stopped sales of all tickets but if there's going to be no character meets, parades and fireworks will they just cancel the parties?

I’m betting they’ll all get updated today. Disney seems to usually roll schedule changes out slowly over a few hours (which in 2020 is insane, because it indicates a human is performing a manual process that could be automated by a high schooler)
I wouldn't be surprised if that visible screen is the 15th and last system to get updated in some terrible patchwork ETL process that would go through cast member scheduling, accounting, somehow into a mailroom or a switch closet in the 8th floor of Spaceship Earth before the change finally shows up on the website.

I'm curious about how fast things will change once the parks open. Didn't Shanghai open without parades and they already have some back? I wonder how slow they will be here with bringing back experiences.

I think it will really depend on guest behavior and how the country does with the cases as a whole. Hopefully things look much better when they open in 6 weeks.

Yep, DVC is getting antsy. Plus, DVC owners are probably more likely to just enjoy a resort only stay versus needing to be in the parks.

yeah, I am not DVC but if I was and was someone who went a few times I year I could totally see going for a spell and just enjoying the lower-crazy level of crowds and the ammenities of the resort (maybe do a day trip to Universal or something) and have a nice more relaxing vacation

I think it will really depend on guest behavior and how the country does with the cases as a whole. Hopefully things look much better when they open in 6 weeks.

That would be nice. I know I'm not rushing to get there but I do have a September trip booked that we are unsure about. So much can change between now and their opening and September is is a long way away in terms of how much things can change. Just need to hope for the best!

I wonder what this all means for things like the Halloween parties. I know they stopped sales of all tickets but if there's going to be no character meets, parades and fireworks will they just cancel the parties?
For my September trip there were 4 party nights, with 6 pm closing. I got a TP alert that the closing time was changed to 7 pm everyday. So I assume no parties.

That would be nice. I know I'm not rushing to get there but I do have a September trip booked that we are unsure about. So much can change between now and their opening and September is is a long way away in terms of how much things can change. Just need to hope for the best!

Always hope for the best! :wizard:

So assuming parks will open.. you would think some resorts will open past DVC..
Do you guys think some regular non DVC resorts will begin to open by July 15 since all the parks are opening and since they’ve frozen the ability for non DVC to make reversions to focus on already planned guests? I’m staying at pop July 23.. wondering if they would cancel on me if pop was closed or if they would move me? I would think pop would be opened bc it’s a large value and so easy to social distance... thoughts? Need some positive thinking here lol do u think my trip would be totally cancelled ?

So assuming parks will open.. you would think some resorts will open past DVC..
Do you guys think some regular non DVC resorts will begin to open by July 15 since all the parks are opening and since they’ve frozen the ability for non DVC to make reversions to focus on already planned guests? I’m staying at pop July 23.. wondering if they would cancel on me if pop was closed or if they would move me? I would think pop would be opened bc it’s a large value and so easy to social distance... thoughts? Need some positive thinking here lol do u think my trip would be totally cancelled ?
Pop will be open by July 23rd. You have nothing to worry about on that piece. The question is will you want to go after finding out what the end to end experience is intended to be?

From the DVC Boards:

There is going to be no DVC availability at 10 months out for the foreseeable future. Years.

ETA for most resorts.
Well, if it really opens June 22nd I am not so sure. That's about 3 months which is a lot of points but they are extend ing in a clever way that allows.points to extend some but not forever, and they are also putting limits on borrowing. I think that you will see a real tightness for about 18 months on availability but then it will loosen, and within 3 years he pretty much back to normal you'll be able to tell when they loosen the borrowing restrictions.

Well, if it really opens June 22nd I am not so sure. That's about 3 months which is a lot of points but they are extend ing in a clever way that allows.points to extend some but not forever, and they are also putting limits on borrowing. I think that you will see a real tightness for about 18 months on availability but then it will loosen, and within 3 years he pretty much back to normal you'll be able to tell when they loosen the borrowing restrictions.
I think the real problem is banking, not borrowing. There’s basically 3 extra months of points banked right now. And I fear that availability for this summer/fall will wind up plentiful as people avoid the half-an-experience parks and then there will be even more of a glut. Then on top of all of that, come 2021 UYs, there will be even more current year points than normal because fewer were borrowed into the 2020 UY. It just sets up for banking in perpetuity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter