News Round Up 2020

Indeed it does but that at least allows all those people who were wondering if there trips were going to be canceled, to have a firmer idea. Sure the resorts not being mentioned is a bit putting off but that is less important than actually getting the park opens in a revenue view point

Cabin fever :confused3 The insatiable urge to get a good deal on Disney products:rotfl2:

tehre was a new Minnie Mouse collection thing released and there were per person limits to 10 items per and basically everything is already now sold out - I suspect a number of people on line were eBay resellers

Where is the people waiting 6 hours to get in standing? In the parking garage? I doubt they are 6 feet apart. :)

The people are itching to get out. Capacity limits and social distancing probably aren't going to last very long if there is this much demand. I feel social distancing restrictions are just going to be a lose/lose for the tourist industry:

1) Demand is high: and things are so restrictive that things get so backed up that they get major complaints by the guests wanting to come and bad press by creating crowds of people (not distancing))

2) Demand is low: People will just find it way too inconvenient and cumbersome to go to a shopping district like Disney Springs and just don't bother to go and they won't have the traffic to make it worth even being open.

They're in day 8 of Disney Springs and still opening. There's obviously crowd controls in place, and I wouldn't be surprised if there's an overabundance of crowd at one location (say World of Disney) that it would actually drop max capacity to limit congestion / social distancing issues in a specific area of the Springs. I'm hoping for a lot more transparency and detail but I'm not really sure we'll get it.

Where is the people waiting 6 hours to get in standing? In the parking garage? I doubt they are 6 feet apart. :)

The people are itching to get out. Capacity limits and social distancing probably aren't going to last very long if there is this much demand. I feel social distancing restrictions are just going to be a lose/lose for the tourist industry:

1) Demand is high: and things are so restrictive that things get so backed up that they get major complaints by the guests wanting to come and bad press by creating crowds of people (not distancing))

2) Demand is low: People will just find it way too inconvenient and cumbersome to go to a shopping district like Disney Springs and just don't bother to go and they won't have the traffic to make it worth even being open.

they are utilizing a virtual queue - you ive your info to a CM and they text you when it is your time. So the physical line is, I think, those on line to give the CMs their info

Oh! Just screenshotted this from the website because it specifically mentioned hotels:

"Pending approval from government officials, the phased reopening plans we submitted calls for Walt Disney World theme parks and Disney Resort hotels to open beginning July 11 for Magic Kingdom Park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom followed by EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 15."

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 12.21.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 12.21.05 PM.png
    240.9 KB · Views: 30

I am sure most hope to be able to break even or close to it, which is much better than the bleed cash state they are currently in.

If people act like selfish idiots (almost guaranteed if these policies aren't enforced), we'll be headed right back to closures and/or domestic travel restrictions.

Oh! Just screenshotted this from the website because it specifically mentioned hotels:

"Pending approval from government officials, the phased reopening plans we submitted calls for Walt Disney World theme parks and Disney Resort hotels to open beginning July 11 for Magic Kingdom Park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom followed by EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 15."
...also just a little lower.

"Additionally, Disney Vacation Club properties at Walt Disney World and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will begin to reopen to Members and Guests on June 22. "

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter