News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
And this 4-day ticket deal shows how much prices have gone up ..
I paid $713 for two Magic Your Way 4-day (no hopper) tickets back in Feb. 2018. This 4-day DEAL (where you are forced to go to all4 parks) is the same price than that (at the cheapest price of $84/day). MOST other days are more expensive than that.

That is what raising prices does. You can offer deals and it makes it look good in comparison to the inflated REGULAR prices, but in reality, the discounted price is still MORE than just a year or two ago.

Well this same ticket which would have covered Feb 2018 cost $279. Then it went to $340, and is now $356. So we are tapering off, at least some :)

I suspect they are not going to rush to replace them.
no reason to replace them. Ok maybe a couple of new one to replace the dinged up ones from opening week.

I'm not sure they even go with them if they add a new line, unless the IV is no longer available.

Just find it funny. They get obsoleted monorails and skyliner cabins.

no reason to replace them. Ok maybe a couple of new one to replace the dinged up ones from opening week.

I'm not sure they even go with them if they add a new line, unless the IV is no longer available.

Just find it funny. They get obsoleted monorails and skyliner cabins.

They’ll throw a few new ones on the line for an “upgraded experience” with the obligatory cupcake and upgraded price....:duck:

I don't think there is intent to directly hook in to the existing routes of the skyliner.
I don't think there is intent to connect every resort to every park via skyliner.
However, there will be routes that make sense.
I think there will be AK centric one.
I feel like there will be one to connect wilderness lodge, reflections and the campground area into the MK some how.
I don't think you'll see one cover larger distances like between ttc and epcot front gate.

Is this just for the ferry coming from TTC? Coming from Wilderness Lodge you still need to go through security at MK?
If you're using the water taxis you would still need to go through security at MK as far as I know (and please someone correct me if I'm wrong on that). This would also be the case if you were taking the bus as well.

The ferry and monorail from the TTC will have their security at TTC. If you're coming from one of the 3 monorail resorts and using the monorail you'll have security at your respective resort.

Re the 4 day ticket being back...

We unfortunately purchased tickets already so can not get in on this deal but if I had waited we would likely have purchased to get this 4 day ticket instead of our 4+2 ticket we ended up buying. I am not sure what WDW is thinking since this will limit more people to 4 days at their parks which would leave more time for a trip to Universal and Sea World. I know if we would have caught this promo we would have had a day to Sea World rather than a repeat day at a WDW park.

They must really be behind on sales to put this offer out for Spring Break & Summer.

Re the 4 day ticket being back...

We unfortunately purchased tickets already so can not get in on this deal but if I had waited we would likely have purchased to get this 4 day ticket instead of our 4+2 ticket we ended up buying. I am not sure what WDW is thinking since this will limit more people to 4 days at their parks which would leave more time for a trip to Universal and Sea World. I know if we would have caught this promo we would have had a day to Sea World rather than a repeat day at a WDW park.

They must really be behind on sales to put this offer out for Spring Break & Summer.

I am looking into tickets for our trip in February and am debating between this 4 park ticket or the 4+2 ticket .... Also thinking about one of the Extra Morning Magic hours events - I could do the 4 park ticket & the early Morning Magic on on MK day for about the same price as the 4+2 ticket (no hopper) on Undercover Tourist. With the later, we would then have an "off" day in the middle of our trip for pool and Disney Springs, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!