News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I did tear up the first time I saw Cinderella Castle (...ahem at 35 years old...) because I was so happy to finally be there, but yes I will be a bawl baby at SWGE. I REALLY hope we can get a chance to explore when we visit in September! I don't even care about riding Smuggler's Run at this point.

I was 31 when I first saw the castle but I was honestly so overwhelmed that it didn't hit me right away. I pretty much broke down after Splash Mountain.

Agreed. I did tear up the first time I saw Cinderella Castle (...ahem at 35 years old...) because I was so happy to finally be there, but yes I will be a bawl baby at SWGE. I REALLY hope we can get a chance to explore when we visit in September! I don't even care about riding Smuggler's Run at this point.
I’m going in a couple of weeks to Disney world so it obviously won’t be open yet. So I probably won’t see it until next May or June.

While it sucks to have to wait so long, I can’t wait to see all the reactions and whatnot to the land, even if I’m going to do my best to avoid ride videos

MK 20.9M 2% growth
AK 13.8M 10% growth
EP 12.5M 2% growth
HS 11.3M 5% growth

I can't imagine what HS will hit with Star Wars opening. We'll have to wait 2 years for a full year of growth numbers like we just had with Pandora. I'm willing to bet Epcot will be 4th unless AK drops off a lot.

Also it should be pointed out that the main reason Epcot is as high as it is are the massive crowds that descend on it for 13 weeks in the fall for F&W. The reason they are spreading the F&W booth concept to the other festivals, but not with as much success. Epcot as a theme park is a mess. Outside of Test Track and Soarin there's little interest from the masses in ANYTHING in Future World. (Which isn't Future World anymore either.) World Showcase coasts on 9 months of festivals. I love, love, love Food and Wine but once everything opens at DHS - there's no way that Epcot couldn't be considered the 4th best park by most people - and they need a heck of a lot bigger fix than just GotG and Remy & Company.

So - only commenting this here because I think it's more appropriate here.

It's funny I followed the construction and announcements of SW:GE very closely all along - but now that it's open, I find myself really not wanting to know ANYTHING about it other than how to get into it. I'm realizing at this point I'd rather go into it "cold" and experience it than to know every little detail. There's always time for that in the future. Looking forward to seeing it out in Anaheim before D23. (And crossing my fingers that RotR will be open by then, but if not I'll get to it in Feb 2020 in WDW.)

Also it should be pointed out that the main reason Epcot is as high as it is are the massive crowds that descend on it for 13 weeks in the fall for F&W. The reason they are spreading the F&W booth concept to the other festivals, but not with as much success. Epcot as a theme park is a mess. Outside of Test Track and Soarin there's little interest from the masses in ANYTHING in Future World. (Which isn't Future World anymore either.) World Showcase coasts on 9 months of festivals. I love, love, love Food and Wine but once everything opens at DHS - there's no way that Epcot couldn't be considered the 4th best park by most people - and they need a heck of a lot bigger fix than just GotG and Remy & Company.
I really enjoyed the Festival of the Arts this year. I think it has potential to grow into something great over the next few years. It was a lot better than I expected and the weather is much more conducive to exploring world showcase and eating around the world. I've gone to F&W with the intention of trying a list of things, but its always been so hot when I've gone one lap around is plenty and all I want to eat or drink is a gallon of water!

It's funny I followed the construction and announcements of SW:GE very closely all along - but now that it's open, I find myself really not wanting to know ANYTHING about it other than how to get into it. I'm realizing at this point I'd rather go into it "cold" and experience it than to know every little detail. There's always time for that in the future. Looking forward to seeing it out in Anaheim before D23. (And crossing my fingers that RotR will be open by then, but if not I'll get to it in Feb 2020 in WDW.)

There is a thread on the GE subforum talking about how much we each want (or not) to be spoiled

For me, I have no idea when we are going to go when it is open so I am just watching most of everything and enjoying it now ... but I think if I was in your shoes where I knew I was going to see it this summer then I would really be trying to avoid as much as I could

I find myself feeling a similar kind of way. I'm kind of settling into a mindset of reading things but not watching things about it. Like I'll read a review or read an article about it, but I'm not really watching any videos from inside the land because I do want that experience of seeing it for myself.

Ok I think I need a break from Twitter.

I can't handle all the galaxy's edge stuff and the jealousy is soaring.
Well, this may not fix everything, but maybe it's something.
I watched the Ohio State baseball team win the Big10 conference championship last week. They played really well!
You should be proud! :flower: (Now back to our regularly scheduled programming....)

There is a thread on the GE subforum talking about how much we each want (or not) to be spoiled

For me, I have no idea when we are going to go when it is open so I am just watching most of everything and enjoying it now ... but I think if I was in your shoes where I knew I was going to see it this summer then I would really be trying to avoid as much as I could

I thought I remembered you saying you had a trip in November or something like that?

Same. I'm avoiding all info about it right now. I'd rather experience it myself. I may have a chance to hit up Disneyland this year in the fall, might get to experience sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter