News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doubling the price of pressed pennies??
I normally pick up around $10.00 in pressed pennies for the Grand kids.
Never again!!
Disney can stuff em for all I care. >:(

definitely a bummer as they are/were a nice fun and cheap souvenir .... seems like they could do something where they keep most at still 50 cents but then maybe have some special collectible/limited edition ones or something that are like $5 - but at least kids and stuff can still collect the regular ones for cheap

definitely a bummer as they are/were a nice fun and cheap souvenir .... seems like they could do something where they keep most at still 50 cents but then maybe have some special collectible/limited edition ones or something that are like $5 - but at least kids and stuff can still collect the regular ones for cheap
Unfortunately the words "fun" and "cheap" are mutually exclusive in Disneyspeak and cannot be used to describe the current state of affairs at the Disney Parks.

Are all machines going to this? If so I’m never buying a pressed penny again at Disney. I don’t spend more than .50 to squash my .01, no matter where I’m at. Paying 50x what the penny is worth to get it squashed is a high enough fee. (And saying this as an avid collector- I have many books of pressed pennies, more than half of them from WDW.)

Are all machines going to this? If so I’m never buying a pressed penny again at Disney. I don’t spend more than .50 to squash my .01, no matter where I’m at. Paying 50x what the penny is worth to get it squashed is a high enough fee. (And saying this as an avid collector- I have many books of pressed pennies, more than half of them from WDW.)
Unknown but a possibility.

Usually the number of Emergency Services personnel needed is a percentage of the projected population of an area during the day.
The current number of Firefighters recommended for cities of 10,000 or more is 1.52 Firefighters per 1000 people in possible need of services.
Divide the number of people in all of The Reedy Creek Improvement District, including WDW, on any given day by 1000 and multiply that by 1.52 and you'll arrive at a figure far greater than the 138 Firefighters that Reedy Creek employs.
Even if the number of people in the District, and the Parks, and the resorts is only 200,000 per day, Reedy Creek would need 304 Firefighters just to meet the suggested minimum per 1000 people served.
Is that on shift, or does the ratio account for on/off shift firefighters?

NEWS

Updated Sleeping Beauty Castle fully revealed - looks really nice, the gold touches especially - reopening to guests on May 24th

http://blogmickey.com/2019/05/disne...ed-sleeping-beauty-castle-reopening-may-24th/

D629psNW4AAML8m

Looks so high quality!DOR really impressed me!

Is that on shift, or does the ratio account for on/off shift firefighters?
That's the recommended total number of personnel including those off duty.
Even having the suggested number of Firefighters doesn't insure that there will be enough people to handle large disaster situations because of vacations, injury rosters, overtime restrictions put in place by the employer, and the number of people in Supervisory positions who don't engage actively in firefighting.
The last part is particularly acute in Emergency Services departments that have too many Chiefs, and not enough Indians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!