News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
The description sounds just like the one at WDW. Is it an updated version? I didn’t read that in the article.

Unfortunately I wouldn’t hold your breath for updates...

That said, I’ve always felt like they should add some random scenes to this. With a little bit of work it could be an awesome attraction featuring so much of Disney’s great music. And they could proclaim it as a re-imagining and everybody would be excited to watch again. (EDIT: Not that it isn’t already an awesome attraction that I visit every time I’m at WDW - I’d just love to see something new)

I guess I was thinking not such a big update - more like a “sprucing up”. (And versus the possibility of it possibly going away) I find it hard to believe that the film quality would be the same in these new parks as in MK, right? And, though unrelated to other parks getting PhilharMagic, MK’s could use some new glasses...and refurb the effects.

I guess I was thinking not such a big update - more like a “sprucing up”. (And versus the possibility of it possibly going away) I find it hard to believe that the film quality would be the same in these new parks as in MK, right? And, though unrelated to other parks getting PhilharMagic, MK’s could use some new glasses...and refurb the effects.

A lot of the smell sprayers no longer work, and whats Philharmagic without the scent of apple pie?! Philharmagic is overdue for a renovation and glasses replacement.

Agreed. I don't want it to be like T2 was at the end. Yikes it was terrible with the glasses. Seemed like the movie and glasses hadn't been tweaked in a long long time. And I don't want PhilharMagic to sit there not getting the love it deserves personally :)

They didn't lie. There are still smoking areas at the resorts and at Disney Springs, as well as outside each park. They're only getting rid of the smoking sections in the parks.
I’m sorry but, you and all of the people that liked your post are making an invalid assumption here. Jumping to conclusions without all of the facts. The correspondence was IN PARK specific. Just thought I’d let you know since you jumped on me and told me what they didn’t do.

I’m sorry but, you and all of the people that liked your post are making an invalid assumption here. Jumping to conclusions without all of the facts. The correspondence was IN PARK specific. Just thought I’d let you know since you jumped on me and told me what they didn’t do.
I think this is where you want to head:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/smoking-ban.3742228/

We’ve moved on from this topic and nobody jumped on you. I think you’re reading that comment with a “tone” in your mind that the other person responding did not intend. :-)

The description sounds just like the one at WDW. Is it an updated version? I didn’t read that in the article.

The version that opened in DLP last year was the same video as WDW but a better quality. Also, the floor/seats moved at one point, making it more 4D. Can't remember if that happens at WDW or if the seats at DCA could do this but it was a cool thing nonethless :)

News

Leonard Maltin’s take on Dumbo and really all the remakes being made

https://twitter.com/leonardmaltin/status/1111321192957276161?s=21

I think saying what a lot of us are - to do a remeake just as a remake seems silly and just a $ grab... if you come at it with a new take, that is one thing but otherwise no way you can leave be up to a classic

I think this topic is really amplified win how many remakes they have coming out this year. If it was only one a year it might be easier to take - but when you think back to when these movies came out, they were only coming out one animated movie every 2-3 years, now we have 4 remakes in one year

The version that opened in DLP last year was the same video as WDW but a better quality. Also, the floor/seats moved at one point, making it more 4D. Can't remember if that happens at WDW or if the seats at DCA could do this but it was a cool thing nonethless :)

Floor at WDW definitely doesn’t move. They have some 4d effects with like wind and bubbles but no movement of seats

News

Leonard Maltin’s take on Dumbo and really all the remakes being made

https://twitter.com/leonardmaltin/status/1111321192957276161?s=21

What I've always understood from a business standpoint, but never understood from a creative standpoint, was taking a good movie and making it 'again'. Doesn't it make more sense/is less risky from a creative standpoint to take a bad movie and re-make it well? Better yet, why go from animated to live-action? Why not the other way around? While I haven't see a lot of Disney's older live-action movies, The Black Hole comes to mind. The vision for a movie like that was probably well beyond the technology they had at the time. Well it's 2019 now, the technology exists. They can re-make it with great special effects, or even make an animated version.

I know it falls on deaf ears because the name recognition seems to trump all (unfortunately) but I just keep thinking of the potential opportunities they have in their library.

I think saying what a lot of us are - to do a remeake just as a remake seems silly and just a $ grab... if you come at it with a new take, that is one thing but otherwise no way you can leave be up to a classic

I think this topic is really amplified win how many remakes they have coming out this year. If it was only one a year it might be easier to take - but when you think back to when these movies came out, they were only coming out one animated movie every 2-3 years, now we have 4 remakes in one year

What I've always understood from a business standpoint, but never understood from a creative standpoint, was taking a good movie and making it 'again'. Doesn't it make more sense/is less risky from a creative standpoint to take a bad movie and re-make it well? Better yet, why go from animated to live-action? Why not the other way around? While I haven't see a lot of Disney's older live-action movies, The Black Hole comes to mind. The vision for a movie like that was probably well beyond the technology they had at the time. Well it's 2019 now, the technology exists. They can re-make it with great special effects, or even make an animated version.

I know it falls on deaf ears because the name recognition seems to trump all (unfortunately) but I just keep thinking of the potential opportunities they have in their library.

I agree with much of what you two said.

I did see a point on twitter that one reason they do keep making these live action version of old films is for international consumers. China for instance has never seen these old Disney films and doing these live actions familiarizes them with these stories.

I agree with much of what you two said.

I did see a point on twitter that one reason they do keep making these live action version of old films is for international consumers. China for instance has never seen these old Disney films and doing these live actions familiarizes them with these stories.
I think the other issue is when they do something new it flops. Look at bfg, nutcracker, and wrinkle in time. I feel like artemis fowl is destined to fail as well, but I hope not.

I think the other issue is when they do something new it flops. Look at bfg, nutcracker, and wrinkle in time. I feel like artemis fowl is destined to fail as well, but I hope not.
All of those mentioned though are based on books though.

Disney is in an interesting situation. The live actions for the most part have done well where they have been at least profitable. They also want to grow their consumer base internationally. Outside of that the big Disney fan like many of us is torn because we feel these films are just unnecessary. Like Lion King even if just good not great it will probably be their highest grossing live action remake yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter