News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember it used to be packed around the fountain for each show because the fountain performance was so unique. Now most are familiar with larger fountain displays.

But, I’m only OK with daytime fountain shows as long if they don’t cause Friendship boat service interruptions.

The last time I was at Bellagio (~4 years ago), it was packed. The lake at EPCOT is so much larger than Bellagio that I think Disney could really invent an incredible, and unique, show. They also have a full arsenal of IP music at their disposal if they choose to go down that route.

The last time I was at Bellagio (~4 years ago), it was packed. The lake at EPCOT is so much larger than Bellagio that I think Disney could really invent an incredible, and unique, show. They also have a full arsenal of IP music at their disposal if they choose to go down that route.

They can use the music from Tapestry of Nations! That would be nice. :)

The Bellagio fountains are actually one of my husband's fav things in Vegas--seriously no joke. We just got back from Vegas on the 24th. Much busier at night because honestly that's the best time to see them but the heat tends to drive people away during the day and it's not the type of heat you experience in places with humidity lol. Also I don't know how powerful they would make it at Epcot but they can sure get height in Vegas except for windy times when they have to adjust the pressure OR they cancel the show for that time period both of which happened when we were there in late June.

While I like the idea of a fountain show at Epcot I can't personally imagine the bottleneck it would create each and every time the show was going on. It's not fun trying to walk through people for the Bellagio not to mention trying to find a good spot to actually see the fountains plus weather delays or malfunctions in the nozzles (that happen at the Bellagio). The lake may be bigger but there's not tens of thousands of guests right there at the Bellegio fountains locked into an area like there would be at Epcot. I know people already get annoyed with how crowded the walkways feel during busy times at Food & Wine Festival.

I think WOC works in DL because it's not multiple showings frequently so the systems get a break. I can only think that a similar showing at Epcot would work if it was only once or twice at most per day. For Vegas they run on a very frequent schedule (every 30mins until 8pm I believe depending on the season then every 15mins).

I like the idea in theory for sure though :)

The Bellagio fountains are actually one of my husband's fav things in Vegas--seriously no joke. We just got back from Vegas on the 24th. Much busier at night because honestly that's the best time to see them but the heat tends to drive people away during the day and it's not the type of heat you experience in places with humidity lol. Also I don't know how powerful they would make it at Epcot but they can sure get height in Vegas except for windy times when they have to adjust the pressure OR they cancel the show for that time period both of which happened when we were there in late June.

While I like the idea of a fountain show at Epcot I can't personally imagine the bottleneck it would create each and every time the show was going on. It's not fun trying to walk through people for the Bellagio not to mention trying to find a good spot to actually see the fountains plus weather delays or malfunctions in the nozzles (that happen at the Bellagio). The lake may be bigger but there's not tens of thousands of guests right there at the Bellegio fountains locked into an area like there would be at Epcot. I know people already get annoyed with how crowded the walkways feel during busy times at Food & Wine Festival.

I think WOC works in DL because it's not multiple showings frequently so the systems get a break. I can only think that a similar showing at Epcot would work if it was only once or twice at most per day. For Vegas they run on a very frequent schedule (every 30mins until 8pm I believe depending on the season then every 15mins).

I like the idea in theory for sure though :)

I share your husband's affinity as well. The night show is so much better, not just because of the heat, but the fountains being lit (even without any color).

I definitely would not see it as a continuous show for many reasons. The bottleneck is a real concern as you stated. The seasonable weather conditions could create more day shows in the winter months and more evening/night shows during the summer. You are correct in that cycling continuously would be very costly and be a service/maintenance challenge.

It is rumored that Bellagio fountains cost about $15K/night, $400K/month with the build at $40 million. If these figures are even close to real, an EPCOT variant would be, well, massive.

In thinking about this further, each nation could have its own associated fountain show and then is synchronized to make a “joining of the nations” where there are fountain overlaps and then is ultimately joined by a center fountain display that is higher than Bellagio and which probably wouldn’t have as much of a concern from windy conditions.

Theorizing is fun, but often leads to nowhere. :-)

I honestly would rather see them do a fountain show at Disney Springs. Some sort of nightly or semi regular show to help bring people to the springs. Though on my last visit, the springs didn't seem to need any help bringing in a crowd.

I honestly would rather see them do a fountain show at Disney Springs. Some sort of nightly or semi regular show to help bring people to the springs. Though on my last visit, the springs didn't seem to need any help bringing in a crowd.

I see there being more logistical challenges given all the continuous boat transports and amphicar tours. They did have the drone experience (Intel?) a little while ago, so maybe that would be more practical? :scratchin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter