News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
MK 20.9M 2% growth
AK 13.8M 10% growth
EP 12.5M 2% growth
HS 11.3M 5% growth

I can't imagine what HS will hit with Star Wars opening. We'll have to wait 2 years for a full year of growth numbers like we just had with Pandora. I'm willing to bet Epcot will be 4th unless AK drops off a lot.
Do we think Disneyland will pass Magic Kingdom with Star Wars going in that park? Just curious...

here is my predictions that I posted in the dedicated thread. I assumed double the impact of Pandora for DLR and 1.75x Pandora for DHS 9and then weighted for what % open for 2019 and rest of impact in 2020). I only did 23% increase per year for other parks, not factoring in if like Rat opens in EPCOT in 2020

Based on this I have MK staying in 1st but DLR gets really close in 2020. EPCOT falls to 4th in 2020 (only because GE only open for 1/3 of 2019)

here is my predictions that I posted in the dedicated thread. I assumed double the impact of Pandora for DLR and 1.75x Pandora for DHS 9and then weighted for what % open for 2019 and rest of impact in 2020). I only did 23% increase per year for other parks, not factoring in if like Rat opens in EPCOT in 2020

Based on this I have MK staying in 1st but DLR gets really close in 2020. EPCOT falls to 4th in 2020 (only because GE only open for 1/3 of 2019)

View attachment 404154

My only objection to your DHS gains not translating to MK gains. 2018 gains for AK are most likely people visiting that park in addition to the other parks on their vacation but people weren't coming to WDW to go to AK (on a top level view). Conversely I willing to bet money that SWGE will be a primary draw for people to WDW and while they are there, they will go to the other parks.

My only objection to your DHS gains not translating to MK gains. 2018 gains for AK are most likely people visiting that park in addition to the other parks on their vacation but people weren't coming to WDW to go to AK (on a top level view). Conversely I willing to bet money that SWGE will be a primary draw for people to WDW and while they are there, they will go to the other parks.

yeah, I kept is simple and said the other parks would only go up by constant 2%. You very well may be correct, but are other people that typically do WDW going to do MK less to off set that and focus on DHS so that gets offset? Guess I just felt too many variables to fully quantify that, but you are right. And the other parks might see increases too - heck, if Star Wars skews a bit older maybe people on their non DHS days gravitate towards the Food and Wine Festival at EPCOT

Interesting! Weird coincidence or apt that the new "icons" are for the three pavilions that need a refresh the most?

I think the opposite - they are saying those pavilions still reflect the original icons for them, but the new pavilions (Play, Test Track, Mission Space, Guardians, etc.) don't have icons like that. So I read it more that those pavilions will get new icons that are of the style of the original icons

I think the opposite - they are saying those pavilions still reflect the original icons for them, but the new pavilions (Play, Test Track, Mission Space, Guardians, etc.) don't have icons like that. So I read it more that those pavilions will get new icons that are of the style of the original icons
Good point. Though I do wonder too if those three (pavilions) icons in the article will also get some news out of D23.

Can we still talk about what that site shares as news and/or rumors? This seems somewhat confusing. Does this ban tie to their reputation on rumors or something related to a travel agency?
I am still waiting on an official answer regarding this new situation. Right now linking cannot be done. I suppose we are still free to discuss things they say though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter