News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were at DL and DCA for Xmas Eve and Day and were pleasantly suprised by the crowds. They were not bad at all. We did buy the max pass for the first time and used it heavily, but we were able to get rides at DCA usually within 20 minutes of our request time (except for RSR - but we did manage to get a couple for that too). DL was a bit busier, but we focused on rides that don't have FP when we didn't have one - those lines moved pretty well. One thing I wanted to share - y'all probably already knew this, but I missed it...When you ride the Incredicoster (which I highly recommend doing after dark), when you go through the tunnel with Mr I and the cookie - it smells like fresh baked cookies. That was a pleasant suprise for all of us.

Happy New Year.

Would the ups and downs all add up across all DVC stock? Just curious.

It has stayed the same at each resort (extremely small change which is within allowable range as year to year will always vary slightly depending on when weekends fall and such). Changes at one resort to not factor in to other resorts.

I just wanted to add my Happy New Year to all the regulars on this thread (well...last year’s) for all the info and help. I’m not sure when @rteetz has time for any classes because you keep on top of the news and discussions so well. Thank you for that (& the new thread). I wish everyone a wonderful year!

I just wanted to add my Happy New Year to all the regulars on this thread (well...last year’s) for all the info and help. I’m not sure when @rteetz has time for any classes because you keep on top of the news and discussions so well. Thank you for that (& the new thread). I wish everyone a wonderful year!
Good thing I’m on break right now ;)

They change the point calendars? I thought those were fixed in stone for timeshare. Is it the same number of available points, or can they basically ramp up the number of points needed every year?
reallocated from one spot to another...But what I'm l;ead to believe from reading on the other thread is that there is some fine print that ALLOWS DVC to do such a thing....Others please correct me if I am wrong..

That's a pretty significant jump in membership pricing. I'm not a member, is the $100 price tag worth it if you don't attend events?

For some things, like D23 Expo and Destination D, I think it can be worth it. If you want the VIP packages for these, you pretty much need a gold membership. The discount for gold members for regular Expo tickets was pretty good. If you don't do these events or the others, then it's probably not worth it.

I’ll use the force.

83e63disnjd11.gif

lol! :) it's what we were all thinking :)

I am sure - or Disney already has a lot of bookings set post Oct 1st from people speculating on GE opening and just Halloween, etc .... amazing how Summer isn’t the crowd levels it used to be

It isn't amazing that we are not going this fall. pirate: Staying away for this very reason. Thinking a late January trip 2020 would be a good investment. Weather might not be great, but will no doubt be better than upper midwest.

It isn't amazing that we are not going this fall. pirate: Staying away for this very reason. Thinking a late January trip 2020 would be a good investment. Weather might not be great, but will no doubt be better than upper midwest.

We are similar boat weather wise (coming from Northeast) so even if “cold” by Orlando standards it will still feel really nice

Will be interesting to see how crowds are in January 2020 as Galaxy’s edge will be open but past the “gotta be first!” Crowd (most likely) and the holidays

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter