• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is definitely a deal trying to get people to WDW before Star Wars opens. I don’t think this means it will open Oct. 1st though.
Which I would love to take advantage of.... but as usual, the site is totally overwhelmed with the release of any special offer.

WOW!!! This was a shock to wake up to and sure bolted me out of bed quickly! Many people scrambling this morning!

Also shocked that not one single rumour of this early FD drop was leaked. That in itself is another huge surprise!!
Travel agents were told ahead of time. I am surprised nobody mentioned it though.

With this I wouldn’t expect the typical fall free dining because of Star Wars.

This is definitely a deal trying to get people to WDW before Star Wars opens. I don’t think this means it will open Oct. 1st though.

do you think this means anything for opening dates of things like Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway? Not that it alone would cause many people to book a trip specific for it, but for people that are flexibile with dates I could see it impacting when they would go

do you think this means anything for opening dates of things like Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway? Not that it alone would cause many people to book a trip specific for it, but for people that are flexibile with dates I could see it impacting when they would go
Maybe but I don’t think so. That would open right at the end of this offer at the earliest anyways. It’s been rumored for September.

We are similar boat weather wise (coming from Northeast) so even if “cold” by Orlando standards it will still feel really nice

Will be interesting to see how crowds are in January 2020 as Galaxy’s edge will be open but past the “gotta be first!” Crowd (most likely) and the holidays

We skipped a trip in 2018 because our daughter (3rd kid) was born in January 2018. After bringing my 8mo old son to Disney a few years ago, I swore never to bring an infant to the parks again. The kid was fine, but the wife who was breast feeding... nope!

In any case, I'm looking forward to a trip sometime this year, and I'll take advantage of Free Dining again. I'll plan my trip around it. The DDP saves me money and time because we do character meals every day regardless of the plan or not. That and we like to eat and relax. (I think we had this conversation already?)

That being said! We're in northern NJ and we're looking at a trip this year during the free dining and again sometime next year and I've blocked out Sept19 and March/April20 as a no-go period. The parks are going to be crazy I think.

Since most of the Mickey's Bday (Incredibles Dance Party, H20 Party, Mike & Sully I think etc.) also end Sep 30, it does look lie they aim to have something open on Oct 1? Runaway Railway or Galaxy Edge? :)

We skipped a trip in 2018 because our daughter (3rd kid) was born in January 2018. After bringing my 8mo old son to Disney a few years ago, I swore never to bring an infant to the parks again. The kid was fine, but the wife who was breast feeding... nope!

In any case, I'm looking forward to a trip sometime this year, and I'll take advantage of Free Dining again. I'll plan my trip around it. The DDP saves me money and time because we do character meals every day regardless of the plan or not. That and we like to eat and relax. (I think we had this conversation already?)

That being said! We're in northern NJ and we're looking at a trip this year during the free dining and again sometime next year and I've blocked out Sept19 and March/April20 as a no-go period. The parks are going to be crazy I think.

We've also brought infants and my wife did ok breastfeeding - she found dark rides to be good opportunities to do that ;) But obviously wouldn't work for everyone

(I think we have had the conversation) - for us the dining plan doesn't make sense so we don't value it very highly and would rather get a room only rate (though we usually stay off site anyway so not really an issue/option usually) but I know for many it works out and if you can get it for free all the better. Just do hope everyone runs the numbers as sometimes it can be cheaper to get a room only discount and then buy the dining plan (depends on what type of room and how many people, etc.)

We have our trip planned for August (for the DIS event) and thinking it might not be that bad crowd wise. We went this past August and obviously have to manage the heat (take mid-day breaks, etc.) but crowds were definitely manageable

Since most of the Mickey's Bday (Incredibles Dance Party, H20 Party, Mike & Sully I think etc.) also end Sep 30, it does look lie they aim to have something open on Oct 1? Runaway Railway or Galaxy Edge? :)
I would think they would try to have Runaway Railway as part of the Mickeys birthday stuff but I could be wrong there. I’ve heard August for soft opening and September opening for MMRR.

I think they just have "Fall" bucketed for a lot of the new stuff (Galaxy's Edge, MMRR, Skyliner, etc.) but until they are more confident about exact openings of them they won't release the dates - and might be they are waiting on one to be set and then a bit of a domino effect as I am sure they want the Skyliner up and running and kinks worked out before any of the new attractions (especially Galaxy's Edge) - things like that

I was a bit surprised by the wife last night. She says she wants to do another food and wine trip without our son. Can hardly believe it.
Our first ever annual pass expires October 19.
Does that mean we have access to the park through the date of October 19?
Seems like the first half of October might be the perfect time for our interests. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see all the cool new stuff that will open shortly after, but I'd rather be there when it's slow.
If we get to see something new, cool. However we are likely to spend most of our time at Epcot.

Yes you will have access to the park right till date of expiration of your pass. Its nice to go multiple times a year with the AP if you can swing it. For example I love going to my wife and saying hey we can go for 4 nights to WDW in Feb for only 800 with Airfare in the bubble deluxe. We arent DVC members but between renting those points and other deals on rooms and not being afraid to resort hop, it makes it pretty nice thing to do on a whim

WOW!!! This was a shock to wake up to and sure bolted me out of bed quickly! Many people scrambling this morning!

Also shocked that not one single rumour of this early FD drop was leaked. That in itself is another huge surprise!!
I was informed last night so up at 6AM for bookings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter