News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

sooooo how many years til we get to what Wall-E predicted?

tenor.gif

not sure ... I wonder if it could relate to their coming 3rd gate - knowing it won't be right next door to the other two parks, could they use these to get people from one park to another?
That seems a bit far of a use for this. The third park isn't exactly next door.

That seems a bit far of a use for this. The third park isn't exactly next door.

yeah, just thinking they will have to have something (ideally not just buses) to get to the 3rd gate so wondering if technology like this could be used

otherwise seems a bit excessive to have these cars driving people form one land to another and how will they cut through the crowds and stuff?

not sure ... I wonder if it could relate to their coming 3rd gate - knowing it won't be right next door to the other two parks, could they use these to get people from one park to another?
That would be even stranger. And probably not too efficient. I see that as a bus only option without major restructuring for that area.

yeah, just thinking they will have to have something (ideally not just buses) to get to the 3rd gate so wondering if technology like this could be used

otherwise seems a bit excessive to have these cars driving people form one land to another and how will they cut through the crowds and stuff?
I think Universal is looking at other large scale modes of transport for that such as buses and things like the gondolas or even self driving transport.

NEWS

James Gunn reinstated as Director of Guardians of the Galaxy 3

https://deadline.com/2019/03/james-...ndefensible-social-media-messages-1202576444/

Good. Not that the things he said were OK. But they were (a) all known to exist before he even was hired for the first GotG movie and (b) apologized for a long time ago. I am all for people getting repricussions for their actions - but when it's stuff from 10+ years ago - I mean this doesn't even compare to like the Harvey Weinstein and John Lassiter stuff.

What I think is interesting is that there is strong rumors out there that several directors were approached about this movie and they all basically said "No - only James Gunn should direct this movie." Perhaps Disney realized they could not get any reliable named director to do it - and so found it in their heart to "reconsider" rather than have an unknown director take over it and risk a disaster.

You could implement this within the parks, only if the cars have access to a backstage type area. much like Utilidoors, a "Road" for driver less vehicles. Sure they could pick you up and drop you off in public areas, but they would then have to find the closest entrance to this backdoor route. This would help take crowd levels out of the equation as the "cars" are only navigating On Stage areas for a short time to pickup and drop off

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter