News Round Up 2019

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by rteetz, Dec 31, 2018.

1. samsteele

samsteele DIS Veteran

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019 at 8:19 PM
  2. OSUZorba

OSUZorba DIS Veteran

I just finally got to watch the Aladdin Trailer and I personally think Will Smith looks like the only good casting in this movie. Jasmine might be fine, but Aladdin and Jafer seem like terrible choices.

MommyinHonduras and STLstone like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. unbanshee

unbanshee Mouseketeer

5. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

6. rteetz

7. unbanshee

unbanshee Mouseketeer

8. rteetz

9. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

10. The Pho

The Pho A heck of a paleontologist if I do say so myself

Interesting. That’ll have to be a major overhaul to remove the studio theming. Be interesting to see how they manage major scene changes without that film set benefit. I imagine it’ll be less of a stunt show after, which is why I like it so much.

BigRed98 and rteetz like this.
  11. mikepizzo

mikepizzo PM me your funny Disney shirts

You like the stunts part of a stunt show? What are you a crazy person or something? :p

12. skier_pete

skier_pete DIsney-holics Anon

This is plain old awesome. I know lots of people wanted this show to close - but it is a favorite of ours, but I am all for the update. Though I would love for it to stay open until Feb 2020 so DD could finally participate as volunteer. (She'll be 16.) I'm assuming the new staging would eliminate the volunteer aspect, though would love if they kept it.

13. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

Based on the article (and what fits with the shift of theme to the park) that removing the structure of a production set and having a director and things like that will be removed

BUT if the new theme is "immersing you in the world of these IPs) maybe they can keep the element of audience participation (as I do think that is a cool and unique element to the show)

Thinking sort of like the Jedi Training where the kids are put in the role of a padawan in the Star Wars Universe, not that they are an actor in a Star Wars movie scene

(hope that makes sense)

14. SaharanTea

SaharanTea DIS Veteran

I know they are only speculating in the article given the direction of the park at large, but I wonder what direction they are actually going to take. Comedy sing-a-ling like Frozen?

The chorus will swing from vines of the newly placed forest while the lead baritone gets sucked down into a giant ant hill while belting out the last note of his climactic number?

What exactly do you turn a stunt show into? Random scenes from the movies? More fireworks, more projections?

15. Mika02

Mika02 Disney is in my blood

16. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

could it be more like a retelling of Indy's adventures? Thinking more like the Festival of the Lion King than the Frozen Singalong

MissGina5 likes this.
  17. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

Supermarket Sweep was awesome - love when they grab like 10 giant hams

bearybubba, GimmeMoreMagic and Mika02 like this.
  18. mikepizzo

mikepizzo PM me your funny Disney shirts

Shop 'Till You Drop and Supermarket Sweep was always a good one-two combo. Seem's like Shop 'Till You Drop and Supermarket Sweep were last aired by PAX which is now Ion (owned by Ion Media).

19. SaharanTea

SaharanTea DIS Veteran

Well, the Frozen thing was obviously a joke, but FotLK? That's also a song and dance show, but I guess that's what I'm asking. They'll just do the stunt show segments without the explanatory bits? I'm having trouble picturing a coherent, cohesive show I guess.

I guess they could always borrow the cast of another Pixar movie to tie the segments together. Maybe Mike and Sully can do the in-betweens. ;)

Oooh, no, the Muppets! Man, I might actually like if they had the Muppets in there trying to do some of the scenes. And commentary by Statler and Waldorf. I think I'm on to something here. "That big guy just caught his plane, and he wasn't even trying. I bet he did Nazi it coming either. OHHohohohohoh."

20. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

I didn't mean the song and dance elements of FotLK - but just how that is a telling of the story in a fun and showy way ... so could do the same: tell an "Indy story" using effects and stunt elements

SaharanTea likes this.
  21. MickeyMinnieMom

MickeyMinnieMom If you ticket it, they will come... ;)