News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
DVC Rumor

Copied from Facebook

We heard last night that Disney was going to be making a change being implemented with the new Riviera resort but knowing that nothing was official until they made the release on Monday, we were hesitant to post. However, since one of our competitors just released the news a day early, it appears Disney is going to be restricting availability to use resale points at the new Riviera resort to people who are existing DVC members or have submitted a contract to Right of First Refusal prior to 1/18/19. They are also limiting new Riviera owners so that when you need to sell your contract, it can only be used at Riviera and future resorts and none of the current 14 DVC resorts. This is going to really hurt the resale price for Riviera owners. We're not sure exactly what Disney is doing but we'll keep everyone informed as any information comes in.

DVC Rumor

Copied from Facebook

We heard last night that Disney was going to be making a change being implemented with the new Riviera resort but knowing that nothing was official until they made the release on Monday, we were hesitant to post. However, since one of our competitors just released the news a day early, it appears Disney is going to be restricting availability to use resale points at the new Riviera resort to people who are existing DVC members or have submitted a contract to Right of First Refusal prior to 1/18/19. They are also limiting new Riviera owners so that when you need to sell your contract, it can only be used at Riviera and future resorts and none of the current 14 DVC resorts. This is going to really hurt the resale price for Riviera owners. We're not sure exactly what Disney is doing but we'll keep everyone informed as any information comes in.
We have a thread on this with several outlets now reporting this.

Happy I managed to get my DL tickets for March while MaxPass was still $10 on Disney's page, thanks again @dina444444

It is crazy though, I was trying to figure out if we should get APs to DL this year because we are going in March and then for a few days around D23. I was looking at the $729 Deluxe pass. According to my calculations it would just barely be not worth it. Then prices jumped the following day anyway.

So now definitely not worth it.

Yeah, it’s probably not clear ... maybe it should be like $15 for first person $10’for second and $5 for after that or something

Not sure - all I know is the whole thing makes Disneyland less appealing to me wanting to bring my family there and more wanting to go as a solo or just my wife (also found Disneyland was much harder to just get from one area to another with my family and, DCA specifically, had much fewer “everybody” rides and more “kiddie” and “adult” rides - so Maxpass just reinforces my views)

Well haven't you heard? Disney isn't really for families anymore. Just younger people and couples.

Kind of being sarcastic. But kind of not.

I was going to write an article arguing how Disney is catering to/wanting more adults to go.

Lots of their advertising on their websites have adults now. All the new restaurants opening are wine bars and craft beer places. They're even taking all the little kid stuff out of DCA.

And yes, I know there is still a lot of stuff for little kids to do. But Disney just hasn't seemed to be all about the family experience lately. These prices are just another part of it. What's affordable to my family (two adults) is not as easily afforded by people with more family members.

Well haven't you heard? Disney isn't really for families anymore. Just younger people and couples.

I was going to write an article arguing how Disney is catering to/wanting more adults to go.

Lots of their advertising on their websites have adults now. All the new restaurants opening are wine bars and craft beer places. They're even taking all the little kid stuff out of DCA.

And yes, I know there is still a lot of stuff for little kids to do. But Disney just hasn't seemed to be all about the family experience lately. These prices are just another part of it. What's affordable to my family (two adults) is not as easily afforded by people with more family members.

I think there is a lot of truth to what you are saying. Obviously still a lot for families but as they keep expanding their reach (and targeting those with disposable income) feels like they are tying to have more for each person but less for everyone to do together

Sadly I have been thinking the same thing. And my girls are getting older so it’s not that I even have little ones to worry about anymore. Seeing the littles at Disney is such a big part of the magic for me.

I don’t fully agree.

Disney is catering to wealthier people and families not just adults. They are also going to keep increasing prices until they hit that ceiling and apparently they have yet to do so because attendance is not dropping.

Other than people on the Dis I don’t know anyone considering adult only trips. I know plenty of families who are planning though.

You wouldn’t built a family or “kiddie” land like Toy Story if you are looking only at adults. Ratatouille is a family ride. Beauty and the Beast sing a long, new 2020 Epcot show featuring Disney music, etc.

Disney has certainly added more for adults but that’s a good thing. Many would have said a few years ago that they needed more for adults.

I don’t fully agree.

Disney is catering to wealthier people and families not just adults. They are also going to keep increasing prices until they hit that ceiling and apparently they have yet to do so because attendance is not dropping.

Other than people on the Dis I don’t know anyone considering adult only trips. I know plenty of families who are planning though.

You wouldn’t built a family or “kiddie” land like Toy Story if you are looking only at adults. Ratatouille is a family ride. Beauty and the Beast sing a long, new 2020 Epcot show featuring Disney music, etc.

Disney has certainly added more for adults but that’s a good thing. Many would have said a few years ago that they needed more for adults.

I'd argue that beauty and the beast is catered more to adults since that movie came out when we were kids. I always considered Ratatouille to be more adult oriented.

Can't argue toy story land though, that ones for the kids.

I still feel that more adult things are being added than kids things, but I will admit I haven't sat down and done a comparison.

I'd argue that beauty and the beast is catered more to adults since that movie came out when we were kids. I always considered Ratatouille to be more adult oriented.

Can't argue toy story land though, that ones for the kids.

I still feel that more adult things are being added than kids things, but I will admit I haven't sat down and done a comparison.

Though even with Toy Story Land both new rides have height restrictions - albeit it low but still not “everyone” rides

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter