News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Structure pics are likely a week old already. As of Saturday the tile work was complete and the bars that are going to hold the planter boxes stretch half way across the entire side of the structure and the posts that stick out are further along. The second stairwell is also completely up, just missing the center handrail down the middle for each flight of stairs. Also the suppers for the roof for the escalator plaza looked to be completely in place.

That does make sense - and maybe in reality they won’t stand out that much in real life - just it that photo it just feel like those in there would be on display for others around the pool area (but maybe lose the ropes and make the whole area crowded and it won’t have that feel)
We just got back from the Beach Club on Friday and that cabana in the front is very close to the end of the kids pool and where lots of parents like to hang out. You wouldn’t have any privacy in the front cabana. The other three cabanas sit farther back and would offer a little more privacy.

To each their own. I know people who would book this. They aren’t all right against the water and there is only 4. I’m pretty sure hotels like Four Seasons also do cabanas.

Just because people will pay for it, doesn't make it less tacky. When you pay what Disney charges you should be able to get a decent seat around the pool and not have them coming around with their hand out asking for more money for a guaranteed seat. It also takes away seats from others that also paid to be there.

I know a lot of places do them, I just find them all annoying. Especially when the pool deck is full and the cabanas are empty.

Not that it will change that opinion, but I believe the Grand Floridian and the Contemporary offer the same cabanas.

That is even worse. The ones at the WDW water parks don't bother me because they are mostly out of the way and I've never had a problem getting seat out there. Also, you don't pay insane amounts of money to get into the water parks, while you do for the deluxe resorts.

I know I'm on the losing side of this, most people are plenty happy to just keep shoveling money into companies for slightly improved "service" while the degrade the product for everyone else. I'll be the first to admit I'm a tightwad though, I used to be able to upgrade to first class on flights for $10 and a lot of times I wouldn't pay for it.

I know I'm on the losing side of this, most people are plenty happy to just keep shoveling money into companies for slightly improved "service" while the degrade the product for everyone else. I'll be the first to admit I'm a tightwad though, I used to be able to upgrade to first class on flights for $10 and a lot of times I wouldn't pay for it.
To me I don't see this as taking away anything from me. I don't have to pay for it. With or without it seats are at a premium at YC/BC. Its arguably the best pool at WDW so that makes sense.

To me I don't see this as taking away anything from me. I don't have to pay for it. With or without it seats are at a premium at YC/BC. Its arguably the best pool at WDW so that makes sense.
Did they remove seats to put them in? Did they take away an area people like to hang out/sit? Or did they fill space that could've been filled with extra needed chairs? If so, they took something away from people who don't pay for them.

Did they remove seats to put them in? Did they take away an area people like to hang out/sit? Or did they fill space that could've been filled with extra needed chairs? If so, they took something away from people who don't pay for them.
Probably, I know this was more in a secluded corner that was expanded a bit for this. I don’t know I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. They have these everywhere at pools.

I will be honest, I have stayed at the Beach and Yacht on multiple occasions, yes the chairs closer to the resort are always full, but Very rarely is the whole pool packed, very few people post up ontop Hurricane Hannas, where the pool table is or all the way near where the slide comes out. To be honest, because Yacht Club has become even more popular with Conference guests, i find that it seems lately it has been easier to get seats than in the past

I will be honest, I have stayed at the Beach and Yacht on multiple occasions, yes the chairs closer to the resort are always full, but Very rarely is the whole pool packed, very few people post up ontop Hurricane Hannas, where the pool table is or all the way near where the slide comes out. To be honest, because Yacht Club has become even more popular with Conference guests, i find that it seems lately it has been easier to get seats than in the past
Agreed, also love the pool table spot, and sometimes the beach as well. Always room there.

Who is with me guessing stop 40 will be for Pop Century? :rotfl: Oh well, it won't be for long as we'll soon be sailing away over the bus stops on the Skyliner! :)

is interesting and makes me think, will these be up and running before the gondolas? Because if we are correct that the gondolas will impact the bus service between DHS and EPCOT and these resorts, would that impact their set up of the bus stops

And maybe it is just that they set them up as the furthest most ones for now knowing they are going away - and probably need to have spots for them as backup anyway if the gondolas are ever down

For the temporary loops, Fort Wilderness was the very last one out. It was a heck of a trek, even well past the Charter buses for some stupid reason. It was like Disney was punishing their own guests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter