News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, I feel like they are trying to do that with the Star Wars movies - I mean, Solo was basically a heist movie and Rogue One was like a war movie

Then they struggle with people complaining that episode 7 was too much the same and then that episode 8 was too different

I do have hope for the new series coming to the streaming network - hopefully they can have a different feel as well

Yeah sorry, I was just thinking of the new SW trilogy.

Rogue one and han solo were my two favs of the new crop, but I know other people don't like them.

I've given up on trying to decipher other people's movies tastes.

So all I can say is my fav SW are the ones that did something different, and I mostly have probs with the new trilogy

I am also looking forward to the new TV shows.

I've been a bit disappointed in resistance, I know it's for kids but I loved rebels and find this new one to be bleh.

Also @TheMaxRebo the people who think last Jedi wasn't a retread of empire are fooling themselves.

I can almost hear Johnson giggilng as he said...

'I'm going to make it salt instead of snow, and I'll put it at the End of the movie' what a twist.

Also @TheMaxRebo the people who think last Jedi wasn't a retread of empire are fooling themselves.

I can almost hear Johnson giggilng as he said...

'I'm going to make it salt instead of snow, and I'll put it at the End of the movie' what a twist.

plot wise yes, I agree, still a lot of retred ... more that he tried to change / evolve the personalities of some of the characters and try to move away from how the old guard acted in the original trilogy and shift things to the new guard.

The fireworks are CGI...

Not completely true. We were there when they were filming in 2017 and they did shoot off some of castle fireworks with the filming. However, the "big" fireworks are indeed CGI. (And it's pretty obvious if you pay attention.

As far as Star Wars - I think fans want "that feeling they had when they were 15 in theater" and when they don't get it - which they can't - they find something to complain about. That's why the complaining is all over the map. Lucasfilm needs to ignore the fans and just do their best to make entertaining movies.

Couple nights ago was just awful, embarrassing actually.

Then tonight was pretty good again. Weird.

Good to know as we're trying to determine if we'll see it next week or not.

Does anyone know the closing date of Illuminations? Is it going to be Illumination, followed by a filler program for a few months then the new, replacement of Illuminations?

We're headed back to WDW in early Sept 2019 so trying to figure out if next week will be the last time we can see it or if we'll have one more opportunity in early September?

@rteetz is there a possibility of starting another News thread that focuses on movies? So many seem to want to discuss this topic that often this thread covers that topic for numerous posts. Just a thought.

I understand that movies are part of News, they just seem to drum up a lot more discussion than many other topics and a separate thread would offer DISers to chat at length about this topic.

Good to know as we're trying to determine if we'll see it next week or not.

Does anyone know the closing date of Illuminations? Is it going to be Illumination, followed by a filler program for a few months then the new, replacement of Illuminations?

We're headed back to WDW in early Sept 2019 so trying to figure out if next week will be the last time we can see it or if we'll have one more opportunity in early September?

From what has been confirmed, "Disney has finally announced that “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” will be ending in the second half of 2019." - I dont' think anything more specific is confirmed though I saw September 30th mentioned as last day and then the new show would start the next day and this would coincide with EPCOT's anniversary and the start date of Illuminations

That would be the temporary show that would come in for a few months and then the permanent show in 2020 - but I don't think anything more specific given for time-frame

@rteetz is there a possibility of starting another News thread that focuses on movies? So many seem to want to discuss this topic that often this thread covers that topic for numerous posts. Just a thought.

I understand that movies are part of News, they just seem to drum up a lot more discussion than many other topics and a separate thread would offer DISers to chat at length about this topic.
Unfortunately there isn’t much “news” to talk about right now other than movie trailers so that’s what tends to happen. It’s a cycle.

i watched the video but other than one random animatronic with no notes on what it is, i didn't see anything related to Guardians in it

Seemed more like standard Disney propaganda :confused3

Disney even said in their blog post that it had video of the new ride vehicle in it. Complete lie
Propaganda! Lies! For a minute I thought we were discussing politics... or something really important... ;)

I assumed it was more of an error than a lie myself... .or maybe they “misspoke”... :)

Not completely true. We were there when they were filming in 2017 and they did shoot off some of castle fireworks with the filming. However, the "big" fireworks are indeed CGI. (And it's pretty obvious if you pay attention.

As far as Star Wars - I think fans want "that feeling they had when they were 15 in theater" and when they don't get it - which they can't - they find something to complain about. That's why the complaining is all over the map. Lucasfilm needs to ignore the fans and just do their best to make entertaining movies.
That might be the case at DL and WDW however I believe for the fireworks in Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Paris I believe they were all CGI.

That’s weird I thought BlogMickey had upclose photos yesterday.

You can walk up and touch it if you wanted to. Even WDWNT posted up close photos from yesterday. Seems like Tom should do some more of his own photo reports instead of having "employees"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter