News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEWS

Star Wars: Galaxy of Adventure to debut on new "Star Wars Kids" website and Youtube channel on November 30th

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-galaxy-of-adventures

“With Galaxy of Adventures, we wanted to craft something that allowed parents to help their kids take their first step into a much larger world whether they were ready to show their kids the films or wanted to find new ways to explore the content,” James Waugh, Lucasfilm’s vice president for franchise content and strategy

NEWS

Star Wars: Galaxy of Adventure to debut on new "Star Wars Kids" website and Youtube channel on November 30th

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-galaxy-of-adventures

“With Galaxy of Adventures, we wanted to craft something that allowed parents to help their kids take their first step into a much larger world whether they were ready to show their kids the films or wanted to find new ways to explore the content,” James Waugh, Lucasfilm’s vice president for franchise content and strategy
They are doing a lot lately to keep the young kid interest in Star Wars, which is probably needed because the new films are a bit too dark for young kids in my opinion and Toy sales from the last two movies seem like a flop for the young kids. (You find more/better toys in the Star Wars Lego section of the store).

My son and I have discovered the "Star Wars Adventures" comic book series. I'd recommend it if you have an elementary age Star Wars fan that you feel isn't ready yet for the big movies yet. That and the new show on Disney XD - Star Wars Resistance is way more light and kid-friendly than Rebels or Clone Wars. I am willing to show him that over those for now.

Plus Disney is also showing another Star Wars Lego show - (Star Wars Lego: All Stars) (seems like this is a prequel series to the Freemaker Adventures).

You're right. It is on the smaller size.

I'm not familiar with how these hotels work. Are guests staying at either of the current hotels allowed to swim in the other pools? Currently there looks to be only 1 pool near the Swan but somewhere between 2-5 pools (hard to tell from the pic) near the Dolphin. I wonder if Cove guests will be able to swim there?

You're right. It is on the smaller size.

I'm not familiar with how these hotels work. Are guests staying at either of the current hotels allowed to swim in the other pools? Currently there looks to be only 1 pool near the Swan but somewhere between 2-5 pools (hard to tell from the pic) near the Dolphin. I wonder if Cove guests will be able to swim there?
The current two share all pool amenities.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/sp...ator-dead-dies-stephen-hillenburg-1203037362/

I posted this on the Community Board, but posters there did not seem interested. I was surprised. SpongeBob was always very popular with my kids, and, I admit, me as well. We also had some great interactions with the characters at Universal. It is sad to see this man pass, especially from such a horrible disease at such a young age.

Our family did love SpongeBob, and I was sad to read this news. And even sadder to know he died of ALS - such a cruel disease. :sad1: SpongeBob is the eternal optimist...much like Mickey, but Mickey is more sophisticated. ;)

I don’t totally disagree but the average business person attending a conference doesn’t usually have carte Blanche to expense the presidential suite. Or any of the other expensive options. Just another example of too many people with too much money willing to splurge.

I'm sure there are corporate big wigs at a lot of these conventions that would stay in those suites. My one and only convention I attended at WDW had a number of people who would have no problem affording the Presidential Suite.

I'm sure there are corporate big wigs at a lot of these conventions that would stay in those suites. My one and only convention I attended at WDW had a number of people who would have no problem affording the Presidential Suite.
Yes I agree. My point was more towards the upper end of the standard rooms but time to move on.

I don't know. For the type of hotel (convention-oriented), it's not too bad. The Cove will have 349 rooms and suites. I pulled up one of my local convention hotels that I've visited and grabbed the image of their pool:

hiltonftlaudmarina-pool.jpg

Source: https://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/hilton-fort-lauderdale-marina-FLLGRHH/index.html

It's a small pool and the above is a 589-room hotel. This is Fort Lauderdale, so it's also a year-round pool. And it's not on the beach, so if guests want water, this is their only on-site option.

That said, I would guess that scrappinginontario is onto something. Guests of the Cove will probably be able to use the recreational facilities at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin.

Some new photos of Galaxy’s Edge in disneyland .... millennium falcon looks almost complete

https://insidethemagic.net/2018/11/...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Photos in article are from heliguy on instagram
Cool that will give us a good baseline for the WDW one. (X months after the Millenium Falcon is complete the Disneyland version opened, so approximately the same at WDW) .. not an exact science but fun to watch the progress on the outside!

On another note -- I was pretty darn amazed how hidden SWGE is from the rest of Hollywood Studios. The sightlines block it pretty well. The only time I saw it was from the top of SDD. walking around the park normally and all I could barely even see the construction cranes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter