News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dress codes at signatures other than V&As have never really been enforced anyways.
Earlier this year, I dined at California Grill. I was asked to take my hat off when I went back up to watch the fireworks. Other than that, I saw people wearing t-shirts, shorts, etc.

I wonder if it is "hard" for them to enforce the dress code when many people eating at the restaurant might not be staying at that specific hotel. Making it difficult for guests to go back and change then head to their restaurant of choice for the evening.

Earlier this year, I dined at California Grill. I was asked to take my hat off when I went back up to watch the fireworks. Other than that, I saw people wearing t-shirts, shorts, etc.

I wonder if it is "hard" for them to enforce the dress code when many people eating at the restaurant might not be staying at that specific hotel. Making it difficult for guests to go back and change then head to their restaurant of choice for the evening.
Yeah hats is common but otherwise they don’t enforce anything else. V&As is the only that absolutely requires you to dress up.

makes sense - a lot of places wearing a hat indoors, especially at a restaurant, is considered rude .... but beyond that, knowing people are sometimes coming right from the themeparks it would be hard to enforce things. Maybe they could encourage it a bit more at signatures, but hard to fully enforce

makes sense - a lot of places wearing a hat indoors, especially at a restaurant, is considered rude .... but beyond that, knowing people are sometimes coming right from the themeparks it would be hard to enforce things. Maybe they could encourage it a bit more at signatures, but hard to fully enforce
Yeah. I normally don't wear hats in restaurants (just want to clarify lol). This is when I returned later that evening to watch the fireworks. Before I got on the elevator to go up to the observation deck, the CM by the elevator asked politely for me to take my hat off. It's something I wasn't thinking about since I usually forget that I'm wearing a hat sometimes (I always wear a hat for some reason). :D

Is it confirmed 1 credit? Saw people say still 2 elsewhere and if BoG is 2 at same prices would be interesting if one is 2 vs the other 1

From the Disney Artist Point page under "A Feast Fit for Royalty":
"One Disney Dining Plan Table Service will be redeemed per Guest for the Disney Dining Plan when dining at Storybook Dining with Snow White at Artist Point."

Though I just saw on the Restaurants board that they jacked the BOG dinner up to $60 now, so they are not the same price. That $5 really makes the difference between 1 and 2 credits. :rolleyes:

I know I'm late to the Lilo and Stitch party but..

Stitch really deserves a decent attraction in the park, so if the remake can generate enough interest to allow for that, I'm all for it. But I have a feeling they are going to ruin the character by not using the same voice actor.

That said, the original does not get anywhere near the praise it deserves. It was very emotional, had lots of action and comedy, and one of the greatest Disney characters ever created. I think it is a perfect fit for a live action adaptation (if they insist on doing these anyway...) that could expand a lot on the theme of being a misfit/outcast that will hit people in the feels. Just my 2 cents.

I know I'm late to the Lilo and Stitch party but..

Stitch really deserves a decent attraction in the park, so if the remake can generate enough interest to allow for that, I'm all for it. But I have a feeling they are going to ruin the character by not using the same voice actor.

That said, the original does not get anywhere near the praise it deserves. It was very emotional, had lots of action and comedy, and one of the greatest Disney characters ever created. I think it is a perfect fit for a live action adaptation (if they insist on doing these anyway...) that could expand upon a lot of the theme of being a misfit/outcast that will hit people in the feels. Just my 2 cents.

Stitch's attraction is apparently on the Disney website. At least, that's where people get to see him the most!

From the Disney Artist Point page under "A Feast Fit for Royalty":
"One Disney Dining Plan Table Service will be redeemed per Guest for the Disney Dining Plan when dining at Storybook Dining with Snow White at Artist Point."

Though I just saw on the Restaurants board that they jacked the BOG dinner up to $60 now, so they are not the same price. That $5 really makes the difference between 1 and 2 credits. :rolleyes:

Thanks - wasn't mentioned in the article I saw ... I am not a dining plan person but that seems like pretty solid value for 1 credit

Maybe the missed the memo on the price hike since they were getting ready to launch :)

Seems like everything is a sequel or a remake.

I've heard a lot of folks say this, and the issue is so prevalent I can see why they do. I usually respond by telling them that the Judy Garland version of The Wizard of Oz was the fourth filmed version of that story. I have no problem with remakes or sequels if they add something, which the Garland version definitely did.

That being said, I don't think they can improve on The Lion King or Lilo & Stitch.

News

SeaWorld Orlando has announced a few new things today.

There will be a special event every weekend through 2019 at SeaWorld Orlando.

Sesame Street will feature 6 attractions.

Aquatica is adding a new thrill slide in 2019.

SeaWorld is launching a brand new pass program. The lowest park pass for FL residents starts at $9.99!

The annual pass lounge at Infinity Falls will open today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter