News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the things that makes me happy about owning DVC is not having to battle for free dining. Our trip in August even falls in the window, and I just don't care. The deal isn't the deal it used to be either - I remember back in 2009 getting FD at a value when it was still the full dining and we had 3 adults and a child in a room - I think we were only paying like $120 a night for the room. Just looked back, trip cost me $2,500 with MIL paying for her own flight but that included everything else. That was the LAST year they gave the full free dining at the values. Can't be bothered to do the math, but would think that a family of 4 with upgraded FD at a value would now run a lot closer to $4,000. And that's not far off from what my upcoming August trip is going to cost.

Is it possible that this movie even has a chance? I feel like based on all the production drama that happened, it doesn't matter if the movie is good or not...it's going to suffer.
It still has a chance. It is Star Wars after all and not everyone follows the production drama like we do here. I’m still very interested to see the finished product.

I hope Lucas film goes in a different creative direction.

Is it possible that this movie even has a chance? I feel like based on all the production drama that happened, it doesn't matter if the movie is good or not...it's going to suffer.

I think it will do very well.

It's kind of like a Disney situation. Us star wars fans will complain and moan about the movie but we'll still go.

I'm so excited that they announced the Eat to the Beat concerts, but can I be super bummed that we will be missing Hanson by a week :(
Disney has made a few date changes to the concert schedule. Check the Disney Parks Blog link again. Davis Cook's performance dates were changed. There's conflicting info on several Disney fan sites regarding Hason's and Taylor Dane's performance dates.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...8-epcot-international-food-and-wine-festival/

That's not what it says. It says he's contracted for three movies. That doesn't necessarily mean they make them. Three movies is a standard franchise deal, unless you are marvel then it's often 6 or 9. I'm sure all the John Carter actors were signed for 3 pictures.

It's kind of like a Disney situation. Us star wars fans will complain and moan about the movie but we'll still go.

Quite honestly, Star Wars fandom is becoming rather tiresome.

As far as the production issue - it can often lead to a bad movie, but sometimes it doesn't. Rogue One had almost as much upheaval as this one - the director wasn't actually fired, but they reshot about 1/3 of the movie, and supposedly brought in someone else to do the editing - and that turned out to be a great movie. In the end the movie should be taken on it's own merits as all movies eventually are.

We all know what happened with the backlash to TLJ and that still put up 1.3 billion worldwide. Until the fans truly get sick of it I don't see Disney stopping.

We all know what happened with the backlash to TLJ and that still put up 1.3 billion worldwide. Until the fans truly get sick of it I don't see Disney stopping.

Not to get into a TLJ debate, but I think the hatred for TLJ was a loud minority. I talked to literally about 100 IRL star wars fans, and they all either liked it or loved it except one. Not saying it's 99% liked, but I suspect it is > 50 % liked. (And please don't quote rotten tomatoes at me...)

Solo will do fine unless it is really bad.

Yeah, I should have clarified a bit. I wasn't talking box-office wise. I was talking more about critique/rotten tomatoes score wise. But we'll see. Maybe the coolness of Donald Glovers Lando will be able to offset everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter