News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just returned from WDW so I'm about 30 pages behind in the news...got a lot of catching up to do, but I did want to post something I noticed while in Tomorrowland.

Not to bring up the discussion of the pattern on the purple wall again (and maybe someone made this point while I was gone) but I think Disney had an "evil genius" moment.

So we know they are pushing the whole "Meet Met At The Purple Wall" thing. But then they went and painted part of the wall white, and part of the wall with a geometric transition to purple. Kind of an odd thing to do right? Well, they left the far portion of the wall (wall closest to Tomorrowland Terrace) solid purple.

If my memory serves correctly, the whole wall used to be solid purple. By having only a small portion of the wall be solid purple now, they are containing where the bottleneck of people end up.

The white wall starts at the skinniest point of the walkway...so I think they changed the wall color in hopes to alleviate the bottleneck that used to form.

Maybe I'm wrong or maybe I'm just slow to the uptake, but man, I thought this was actually a really good idea after seeing it.

An article from blogMickey has some pictures showing what I'm talking about.

I got one at Everything Pop and it was raspberry flavored.
Hmmm... still no good :laughing: but I'm not a fruit flavored dessert person. But that does surprise me that it's not all strawberry, I think that's nice to have some be different because not everyone likes everything. Disneyland's last anniversary all of the special desserts were lemon flavored, even when they didn't specifically say so in the description :crazy2:

It's truly is a motion "coaster" (not truly a coaster because it never "coasts"), but there are absolutely no physical characters of any sort - the entire story is told through the use of projection screens - even though the ride vehicle moves quite significantly.
I think this is exactly why I wasn't as impressed with Gringotts after our first ride, and FJ still wins out for me. Gringotts really feels like... ride... watch screen... move to next screen... watch. Which is really how some others like Spidey, Transformers, etc are, but Gringotts struck me like that even more. I know FJ moves you from screen to screen but it doesn't feel the same, if that makes sense.

This may sound ridiculous but after being “screened” to death we all though the ET ride awesome.
I think I would have appreciated ET more if I'd ever watched the movie... :D

Good to see they did model it off of the kids clubs on the cruise ships which are just amazing. Really hope this takes off and they expand it to additional sites, etc.

Do you know if you have to be an onsite guest to take advantage of this or can anyone use it?
I don’t think there are any rules for that.

Not that WDWNT is a top-end reliable resource but the things mentioned in this article make sense. Working for a large company for years you can scream until you are blue in the face about problems until an incident happens (the video of the door staying open) and then suddenly upper management goes "OOOHHHHH!" and GETS it. Linking the Main Street theater cancellation to the monorail replacement is also totally believable. (We don't have money in the budget to do this...oh take this money instead!) The good news there is that something like this COULD mean that the MS Theater project was just put on hold until money is freed up in the next fiscal year - possibly not "dead" only "dormant".

Not that WDWNT is a top-end reliable resource but the things mentioned in this article make sense. Working for a large company for years you can scream until you are blue in the face about problems until an incident happens (the video of the door staying open) and then suddenly upper management goes "OOOHHHHH!" and GETS it. Linking the Main Street theater cancellation to the monorail replacement is also totally believable. (We don't have money in the budget to do this...oh take this money instead!) The good news there is that something like this COULD mean that the MS Theater project was just put on hold until money is freed up in the next fiscal year - possibly not "dead" only "dormant".

Yep now it all makes total sense. A new monorail fleet would most certainly be a big get and worth it for the long haul. The Main Street Theater project is certainly a nice to have, especially to get people out of lines and heat in the busy afternoon. But they gotta get that monorail reliable first.

I'm willing to take a new monorail fleet over a theater any day. Especially since that monorail fleet should have been replaced about five to ten years ago. However, this doesn't fix the actual infrastructure of the Epcot line. The cement is falling apart. Hopefully they set aside money for that too. A new monorail car isn't going to mean much if the rail it's on comes crumbling down.

And that solves the disappearing Main Street theater mystery!

On an unrelated note, has anybody else seen on twitter where DHS has a bee swarm on the side of the Chinese Theater this morning? :scared1:
Lets not all get carried away and take this as fact. WDWNT isn't perfect. While new monorails are desperately needed and the theater was cancelled/put on hold doesn't mean thats what happened. Some people say that the theater funds were allocated for other park work not monorails.

As for the bees that was yesterday and they seem to be very upset the GMR left ;)

Finally got around to watching the video of the new Pixar parade. I have to agree with PPs, I definitely was not impressed and was more than a little disappointed. I thought that the accompanying music was particularly vanilla and didn’t add much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter