News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone else concerned the birds will be freaked out by the characters?
One of the old shows we saw a year or so ago, they asked if some audience members would stay after the show to help with the training of one of the birds get more familiar with a trick with an audience present. The handlers took special care to calm the bird, who really seemed totally unconcerned that there were people there that it would fly over. Just a minute or two, the bird flew, was rewarded, and we all went on with our day.

I imagine that there are hundreds of small training sessions like this before the new trick is added to the show...and the animals are totally ready before they are ever asked to do something in front of an audience.

The event that they do that I totally love is when those beautiful birds (parrots??) come whizzing and squawking out of nowhere over the main pathways, swoop down, and then head back to their handlers off stage - so impressive! Seems so natural, but I'm sure there is a HUGE amount of training that goes into something like that before every doing it "live"....

Don't Guardians fall under the Avengers umbrella as of the next movie?

The movies have no effect on any rights. Crossing over in a film doesn't change anything just like crossing over in a comic.

Marvel has all their characters divided into "families". Can you imagine what a mess it would be if character rights (film, TV, Lunchboxes, Toys, t-shirts) shifted every time a character appeared with a character from a different "family"?

With these new themed lands, you'd think they would have character meet and greets galore. I'd expect a Woody, Buzz, Jesse. Bullseye, Lotso meet and greet. And the Green Army men to walk around. This is my expectation not what will happen. Disney will not meet my expectations for this aspect. Most likely just a Woody and Buzz meet and greet.

From what I understand, Snipes have very agreeable dispositions unless threatened and are quite adaptable. They should be fine.
Such a great movie :D

Carl Fredricksen: So you want to assist an old person?
Russell: Yep! Then I will be a Senior Wilderness Explorer!
Carl Fredricksen: [looks around furtively, then leans in close] Have you ever heard of a Snipe?
Russell: Snipe?
Carl Fredricksen: Bird. Beady eyes. Every night it sneaks in my yard and gobbles my poor azaleas. I'm elderly and infirm. I can't catch it. If only someone could help me...
Russell: Me! Me! I'll do it!
Carl Fredricksen: Oh, I don't know. It's awfully crafty. You'd have to clap your hands three times to lure it in.
Russell: I'll find it, Mr. Fredricksen!
Carl Fredricksen: I think its burrow is two blocks down. If you go past...
Russell: Two blocks down! Got it!
[Russell runs off down the street, calling out and clapping his hands]
Russell: Sniiiipe! Here, Snipey, Snipey...
Carl Fredricksen: [smirks] Bring it back here when you find it!

Go to 1:38 to view the scene :)

Last edited:
Anyone else concerned the birds will be freaked out by the characters?
No, but I'm concerned that I'll be freaked out by this character... all sounds a tad much to me... "the show will also feature a storyteller named Anika. She’s a young woman who lives in the Anandapur Indian village and spends her time as a caretaker of birds in the Caravan aviary. She is the descendent of a Maharani, a free-spirit, and the storyteller in her proud family. Her movement and language are colorful and expressive. She is personable, playful, and at home in nature."

Such a great movie :D

Carl Fredricksen: So you want to assist an old person?
Russell: Yep! Then I will be a Senior Wilderness Explorer!
Carl Fredricksen: [looks around furtively, then leans in close] Have you ever heard of a Snipe?
Russell: Snipe?
Carl Fredricksen: Bird. Beady eyes. Every night it sneaks in my yard and gobbles my poor azaleas. I'm elderly and infirm. I can't catch it. If only someone could help me...
Russell: Me! Me! I'll do it!
Carl Fredricksen: Oh, I don't know. It's awfully crafty. You'd have to clap your hands three times to lure it in.
Russell: I'll find it, Mr. Fredricksen!
Carl Fredricksen: I think its burrow is two blocks down. If you go past...
Russell: Two blocks down! Got it!
[Russell runs off down the street, calling out and clapping his hands]
Russell: Sniiiipe! Here, Snipey, Snipey...
Carl Fredricksen: [smirks] Bring it back here when you find it!

Go to 1:38 to view the scene :)
Snipes!:rotfl2::rolleyes1 May have sent a few people on snipe hunts in my day....

The walls were going up overnight while we were there 2/8 and 2/9. It was kind of a bummer since we hadn't gotten a chance to ride it yet, and we didn't want to bother once the walls were all the way up. But I'm glad they mostly weren't there on 2/7 when we had dinner at CRT and got to watch HEA from our table. You can see some of the wall in the pictures.
HEA 1.jpg HEA 2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter