News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be honest and had no idea this was there, we usually just walk past the USA because, well, American and all... But I think it would be nice to see if it's well received. I really enjoy American history and now my son has found an interest in it as well. And since HoP is off the table for the next few years, might as well see it.
Highly recommend it.

We did this for free during early morning magic - rode RSR Three times in 30 minutes using single rider. Sort of loathe having to pay $69 for something I've done for nothing. (Oh, but breakfast!)
Do we have an opening date? Or any guesses?

Searching elsewhere it looks like February 14th or so. I don't think that's confirmed from Disney though.

I'll be honest and had no idea this was there, we usually just walk past the USA because, well, American and all... But I think it would be nice to see if it's well received. I really enjoy American history and now my son has found an interest in it as well. And since HoP is off the table for the next few years, might as well see it.

If you like American History and appreciate Audio Animatronics I would be surprised if you didn't love this - not to mention some amazing music!

We did this for free during early morning magic - rode RSR Three times in 30 minutes using single rider. Sort of loathe having to pay $69 for something I've done for nothing. (Oh, but breakfast!)

Searching elsewhere it looks like February 14th or so. I don't think that's confirmed from Disney though.
It’s like the Early Morning Magic event at Magic Kingdom.

Sorry - what is this S.E.A. that everybody is mentioning?

It's a backstory that Disney created to connect different attractions.

Society of Explorers and Adventurers.

Adventurers Club, Tokyo ToT, Skipper Canteen, and Mystic Manor are all part of it.

Don't forget Big Thunder and Jock Lindseys Hangar Bar.

Don't forget Big Thunder and Jock Lindseys Hangar Bar.

they have a number of artifacts (from the Adventurer's Club) that are in Jock Lindsey's but I don't think they directly make the connection as Jock Lindsey is form Indiana Jones so not sure they want to connect the S.E.A. to that IP

Well aren't you fancy :p

I would have loved to have been going since '71, but alas, I wasn't even a thought back then. I dropped the coin for this shirt though, so I can be nostalgic over things that didn't happen in my lifetime. Cause that makes sense.

thumbnail.asp
I have one of those shirts also!!!! Don't think I've ever worn it, it's still in the shrink wrap!

Spring issue of the D23 Magazine highlights the Broadway production of Frozen:

Journey behind the scenes of Disney’s newest, coolest Broadway musical as the spring issue of Disney twenty-three takes fans into the world of Frozen on Broadway! The magazine, exclusive to D23 Gold Members, gives readers an inside look at the company bringing this magnificent musical to the stage, including the Tony® Award-winning creative team of Michael Grandage, Kristen Anderson-Lopez, Robert Lopez, Rob Ashford, and Christopher Oram and its stars Caissie Levy (Elsa) and Patti Murin (Anna). The group spoke about their excitement for expanding the show’s story, score, and characters—including a dazzling, all-new opening number.

Readers will be whisked off to Wakanda to get the inside story behind the making of Black Panther, hitting theaters later this month, with director Ryan Coogler and executive producer Nate Moore. Disney twenty-three also visited the set of A Wrinkle in Time, speaking with director Ava DuVernay about her dazzling adaptation of the exhilarating adventure which opens this March.

Plus, in honor of Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s 20th anniversary, legendary Imagineer Joe Rohde shares 20 ways this innovative theme park—which he has worked on since its inception—broke the mold.

Also included in the spring issue of Disney twenty-three:

• A look inside D23’s 2018 Gold Member Gift, Walt Disney’s Mickey Mouse
  • The imagination and origination of Tokyo Disney Resort
  • The inside-the-nursery story of Disney Junior’s all-new Muppet Babies
  • Spectacular artwork that inspired Peter Pan, which celebrates its 65th anniversary this year
  • A visit to the office of Disney’s Animal Kingdom vice president Djuan Rivers
  • Regular features including Character Analysis, D Society, and Ask Dave

Minivans extended to Fort Wilderness as of 2/12. It will be interesting if they pick up and drop off at sites, or just up front and in the back. If they can go to the sites, that's a huge advantage over other options. Lots of people bemoan the internal buses at the campground, though I've never had a problem with them.
We have tried to use the Minnie van service 5 different times in the last week and were only successful one time. I hope they add more vans and drivers quickly to meet demand.

Spring issue of the D23 Magazine highlights the Broadway production of Frozen:

Journey behind the scenes of Disney’s newest, coolest Broadway musical as the spring issue of Disney twenty-three takes fans into the world of Frozen on Broadway! The magazine, exclusive to D23 Gold Members, gives readers an inside look at the company bringing this magnificent musical to the stage, including the Tony® Award-winning creative team of Michael Grandage, Kristen Anderson-Lopez, Robert Lopez, Rob Ashford, and Christopher Oram and its stars Caissie Levy (Elsa) and Patti Murin (Anna). The group spoke about their excitement for expanding the show’s story, score, and characters—including a dazzling, all-new opening number.

Readers will be whisked off to Wakanda to get the inside story behind the making of Black Panther, hitting theaters later this month, with director Ryan Coogler and executive producer Nate Moore. Disney twenty-three also visited the set of A Wrinkle in Time, speaking with director Ava DuVernay about her dazzling adaptation of the exhilarating adventure which opens this March.

Plus, in honor of Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s 20th anniversary, legendary Imagineer Joe Rohde shares 20 ways this innovative theme park—which he has worked on since its inception—broke the mold.

Also included in the spring issue of Disney twenty-three:

• A look inside D23’s 2018 Gold Member Gift, Walt Disney’s Mickey Mouse
  • The imagination and origination of Tokyo Disney Resort
  • The inside-the-nursery story of Disney Junior’s all-new Muppet Babies
  • Spectacular artwork that inspired Peter Pan, which celebrates its 65th anniversary this year
  • A visit to the office of Disney’s Animal Kingdom vice president Djuan Rivers
  • Regular features including Character Analysis, D Society, and Ask Dave
I really want this issue, but I can’t renew my membership until next month.

We have tried to use the Minnie van service 5 different times in the last week and were only successful one time. I hope they add more vans and drivers quickly to meet demand.

What do you mean by this exactly? You were refused service 4 out of 5 attempts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter