News Round Up 2017

A ride through rock layers?! Music to this science teacher's ears! That actually sounds like a fun project.
Dont you think?! And if it involves Dinosaurs, kids will go, I am sure of it!! I would want to go. If Spaceship Earth is popular, then add a cool building and advertise dinosaurs and theyd be golden.

I think photopass jumped the shark with this one. The promotional (errr - instructional?) photos almost look like an April fools joke. A lot of the other magic shots use a cartoony "magic" element so it's clear they're not just bad photoshop. This is like an illustration of the uncanny valley as applied to giant pineapple treats... :confused3

I am planning on doing the Castaway Cay 5k when we go on our Disney Cruise in February ... can we combine our efforts? ;)

We did it in August. It was so hot and humid, and we live in Texas. I saw marathoners complain about how brutal it was. Do it though. You really feel like you have earned those drinks, soft serve ice cream, and desserts afterward;)

I think photopass jumped the shark with this one. The promotional (errr - instructional?) photos almost look like an April fools joke. A lot of the other magic shots use a cartoony "magic" element so it's clear they're not just bad photoshop. This is like an illustration of the uncanny valley as applied to giant pineapple treats... :confused3

Yeah, I am not really a fan - almost looks oks like a Facebook sticker or something was added. If they were going to go big they should have gone huge and made it like the people are in the dolewhip or something

I agree, especially the bottom two photos. Kinda creepy.

Yeah, I am not really a fan - almost looks oks like a Facebook sticker or something was added. If they were going to go big they should have gone huge and made it like the people are in the dolewhip or something

It looks like someone is just holding a Dole Whip close to the lens. An actual fiberglass Dole Whip would be best for this situation because this particular magic shot doesn't interact with absolutely anything in the picture.

The magic shot with Stitch coming out of the ground works because they animated the cracked asphalt. The magic shots with Tinkerbell works because it's like you are holding her. Both instances have a fantastical element that can't be replicated in real life. Just plopping a big Dole Whip in frame is lazy.

It would have been better if they made the Dole Whip larger than the people (as you suggested) but also have the guests look like they are craving it.

It looks like someone is just holding a Dole Whip close to the lens. An actual fiberglass Dole Whip would be best for this situation because this particular magic shot doesn't interact with absolutely anything in the picture.

The magic shot with Stitch coming out of the ground works because they animated the cracked asphalt. The magic shots with Tinkerbell works because it's like you are holding her. Both instances have a fantastical element that can't be replicated in real life. Just plopping a big Dole Whip in frame is lazy.

It would have been better if they made the Dole Whip larger than the people (as you suggested) but also have the guests look like they are craving it.

agreed - might be one that is better for the photo studio they have at the Springs or something where they could green screen a Dole Whip behind you and then you hold up a large plastic cup cut out in front of your or something so it looks like you are in it ... maybe hold up large version of the little umbrellas they put in them (at Disneyland at least)

Feels like someone had the idea "people love Dole Whips - let's do a Dole Whip Magic Shot!" ... and then they couldn't think of anything good so did this

Disney Announces plans for EPCOT's 35th birthday - day of celebrations

Largely a ceremony at 10:01am at the fountain, special version of Illuminations, special park guidemaps, and merchandise

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2017/...elebrations-epcots-upcoming-35th-anniversary/

I'm just nothing buy cynical lately but I read the statement about the merch being available for that day only and had to laugh. What are they going to do, burn all the stuff that doesn't get sold? I don't think so.

I'm just nothing buy cynical lately but I read the statement about the merch being available for that day only and had to laugh. What are they going to do, burn all the stuff that doesn't get sold? I don't think so.
Some select items won't be released until that day but the shirts, hats, and ornament are already in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter