News Round Up 2017

Hotels are not unique structures. In fact, they are pretty basic in that they usually are made up of identical rectangular boxes. You could go to any city in the country and find a construction company that can build a hotel. And, local building inspectors would know exactly what is required, which makes the inspection process quick and relatively painless.

The same can not be said for a theme park.

(That's how this topic was explained to me when I worked at Disney World.)

True on the design but the part I was referencing was the time between an announcement and moving shovels. They wasted no time in going from announcement to action. The zeal is there for taking action on the hotels, I would love to see it in the parks as well.

Hotels are not unique structures. In fact, they are pretty basic in that they usually are made up of identical rectangular boxes. You could go to any city in the country and find a construction company that can build a hotel. And, local building inspectors would know exactly what is required, which makes the inspection process quick and relatively painless.

The same can not be said for a theme park.

(That's how this topic was explained to me when I worked at Disney World.)
I don't disagree. However if you are a bean counter the investment options end up being prioritized to the quickest ROI. Rooms versus an undetermined return on new rides is an easy call.

True on the design but the part I was referencing was the time between an announcement and moving shovels. They wasted no time in going from announcement to action. The zeal is there for taking action on the hotels, I would love to see it in the parks as well.
Permits for construction were filed well in advance of the announcement so it's not that unexpected.

I was lucky enough to get a TPV in the main tower during my CP. I split it with friends, it came out to $90 each with our discount. I think it was worth it for one night, especially because we spend a lot of time in the room and didn't feel pressured to go the parks. It was a once-in-a-lifetime thing for us, as we would never be able to afford it without the discounted rate.
I wouldn't spend upwards of $700 on a hotel room, but I get why people with money do it.

I think you made my point: the cost is egregious and the appeal should wear off after an hour or so.

We didn't notice any issues with that in Shanghai DL, but the trash left everywhere was pretty shocking, especially after the nighttime show at the castle. The CM's were very speedy with cleaning it up though.

Second entrance makes it sound like its a second place to use your magic band to enter... it was just the entrance over by the side guest services window. It's been there forever. I discovered it probably 7-8 years ago when we started renting cars because we were fed up with how terrible Disney Busses were... When you park in the lot and begin your walk because your smart enough not to wait for those smelly, noisy trams, you'll notice the the path splits and if you take the left path you end up on the other side of the busses to the "secret side entrance" and if you follow the masses to right like a school of fish, you'll end up through the normal entrance.

Not only did I not know this was a secret...I never even thought about there being another way. Sitting here now its obvious that all of the walkers don't come this way but I have never been to the "main" entrance before when driving to DHS.

Nice. We choose better views if available on any trip actually, not just WDW.

Just more immersive to the point of the exercise for us.

Then again, we went for the view in our home as well in my sig.

We like BLT for the short walk back and forth to MK, but may as well take the view as well.

The balcony is fun as well, with all MK sounds and watching it all come to life and go to sleep.

WDWXMAS2010224-4.jpg

One day I will stay in a room with a view like this...it may be one day when the kids are out of the house and it's just me and DW but one day :)

One day I will stay in a room with a view like this...it may be one day when the kids are out of the house and it's just me and DW but one day :)

BLT studios with that view are 19 to 25 points a night 11 and a half months of the year.

We stay on dues for about $95 to $125 a night no tax to pay. Sometimes 1 or 2 BR's which are more of course.

You can rent 100 points right now on here for $13.

$247 a night no tax, app $220 a night pre, just renting.

I like the Jungle Cruise set and the emoji pins are pretty cute! Nice that those are open edition.

It bugs me that they actively encourage guests to participate in pin trading but refuse to do anything about the scrappers and fakes pins that plague the parks. Why spend $10 or more on any of these new pins and then turn around and trade it for a piece of worthless junk? Trader beware- don't trade with CMs unless you can spot the fakes.

I like the Jungle Cruise set and the emoji pins are pretty cute! Nice that those are open edition.

It bugs me that they actively encourage guests to participate in pin trading but refuse to do anything about the scrappers and fakes pins that plague the parks. Why spend $10 or more on any of these new pins and then turn around and trade it for a piece of worthless junk? Trader beware- don't trade with CMs unless you can spot the fakes.
I collect pins, but I don't trade. I always buy pins that I know I'll want to keep. If I ever wear my pins into the parks, I always have the secure pin holders that lock, and I forget the key. So, if anyone comes up to me and asks if I'm trading, i just show them the back of my lanyard and say, "Sorry. I can't take my pins off my lanyard." I always feel bad when it's a kid asking which is usually 90% of the time. I find it strange that I rarely got asked to trade pins when I lived in California and would attend Disneyland. When I wear them in Walt Disney World, I always get asked (especially when I wear my Disneyland 60 lanyard).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter