News Round Up 2016

Disney Announces Plans for Third 'Star Wars' Anthology Film for 2020 (from Rolling Stone)

"Disney announced that Lucasfilm will pump out a new anthology film set in George Lucas' galaxy far, far away by 2020, according to chief executive Bob Iger. Deadline reports that at the Goldman Sachs Communacopia conference, Iger said the scheduled film would form a trilogy with this December's Rogue One and the upcoming Han Solo spinoff film starring Alden Ehrenreich, all under the A Star Wars Story banner.

Iger also said he does not expect the box-office receipts from Rogue One to hit the same highs that The Force Awakens reached last winter."

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/...-for-star-wars-anthology-film-in-2020-w441589

Wonder when the announcement will be made for the 4th trilogy(Episodes X, XI, XII)? You know its got to be coming.

My guess is an Obi Wan solo movie showing some of his 19 years in Tatooine. Ewan McGregor wants to do the movie which is a plus. Now around 1 years worth of this has already been covered in 3 recent comics but from what I can tell there is an 8 year gap from him dropping off Luke and where the comic timeline starts...THEN 10 years from the end of the comic until EP IV, so there is plenty of timeline to work with.

If its not an Obi Wan movie then the other thing that would be interesting is a young Palpatine story and how he learned about the dark side, turned to it then killed his master. The only actor to play this roll right now is Tom Hiddleston. If this movie was made I would HOPE that they let it be an R movie as it would need to have a truly evil feel to it.

If disney wanted to go this route they could easily add on a kiddo movie with the Ewoks or something else cute & PG that comes out 6 months before/after the Palpatine one.

Sorry for the Star Wars geek out. Continue on with your WDW rumors!

Do we know if Big thunder is getting any mechanical improvements to make it ride a little smoother?

Or is it just getting a coat of paint?
Not sure. I know rumors originally said it would be getting the explosive finale scene like Disneyland but then rumors turned away from that.

Not sure. I know rumors originally said it would be getting the explosive finale scene like Disneyland but then rumors turned away from that.

Really?? I hadn't heard that! I was still operating under the notion that that's what we were getting. :sad1:

News

Well it appears the "hall of fame" at DHS where you had busts of major people in television and movies like Walt, Betty White, etc. i being removed. Walls are now surrounding them.

I ordered the preview center shirt pretty much the day it was released, and I still have yet to get it. I contacted Disney about it and they said I would be able to expect it before Christmas...geez, thanks for the timeline. Is this normal for these shirts?

I ordered one of these and forgot I ordered it until I read your post! :eek:

Unfortunately, these shirts do take a while. I've had them take up to 8 weeks. The quickest I received one was the limited edition 20th anniversary Food and Wine Festival shirt from last year. It actually came about 2 days prior to my trip. I was shocked!

I received an e-mail from Disney Store that my shirt was shipped today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter