NEWS 5/17: Late 2019 itineraries released - link in post #1 (2020 watch thread will start soon)

Fares increase as X% of staterooms are booked in a category. Fares quoted today may go up even by tomorrow/Wednesday/Thursday depending on how popular is the cruise. Hopefully with online booking available now, people can look up fares without putting a hold, which IMO contributes to fares increasing around opening day. As PP shared, use the link to see how quickly fares have increased for the itinerary and time period of interest in prior years. A standard Bahamian or Caribbean cruise may not increase in fare for weeks. Holiday time and new/different itineraries can increase quickly.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you so much! Yes, it doesn't look like it ever goes too high. We have to save for a home repair and I may need to wait a few weeks so this gives me hope! :)

Has anyone done both the Eastern Caribbean (fantasy) and mexican riviera (wonder)?

If yes, which sailing did you like more?
Thanks! Planning to cruise w my dad for his bday

Can I book online and then call in to “apply” the placeholder money and benefits?? Thanks!!!

This is what I would like to know, but slightly modified.

It is my understanding that you cannot appyl a placeholder to a booked resevation (ie one where the deposit is paid).

But could we put a HOLD on a reservation online and then call and transfer the placeholder to the "hold" reservation ? Or is that also not allowed ?

SW

Can I book online and then call in to “apply” the placeholder money and benefits?? Thanks!!!

But could we put a HOLD on a reservation online and then call and transfer the placeholder to the "hold" reservation ? Or is that also not allowed ?

No. I believe a placeholder must be booked by phone, no ability to do it online and "transfer" or "apply." Same with a "hold" reservation, as that will have a separate reservation number it cannot be converted to the OBB.

If you are wanting to price out different scenarios yourself, I'd suggesting being online researching while also holding for your call to be answered.

Enjoy your cruise!

Lol, well I already solved the 'hole' in the Magic's schedule. I went to log into the DVC website and discovered they're doing 2 DVC cruises in 2019--yes the Wonder reposition (5/15-5/20/19)from San Diego to Vancouver IS a DVC cruise, and they're doing a Bermuda/Boston cruise from NYC from 10/5-10/11/19.

We just got off the 2018 San Diego to Vancouver cruise this morning, I'd be interested in doing that one as a DVC cruise but my husband just saw the Magic itinerary for the Oct 2019 DVC cruise and is *very* interested lol. Plus it sails over his birthday.....

No. I believe a placeholder must be booked by phone, no ability to do it online and "transfer" or "apply." Same with a "hold" reservation, as that will have a separate reservation number it cannot be converted to the OBB.

If you are wanting to price out different scenarios yourself, I'd suggesting being online researching while also holding for your call to be answered.

Enjoy your cruise!

We are going to be doing the Dream B2B2B, so will book two of the legs online while waiting on hold to use the placeholder for the third :-)

Since we want the same stateroom for all 3 I was hoping I could do a hold then move the placeholder, but it makes sense that that won't work.

Thanks for the info.

SW

Gold here... so as of 0514 ET on Tues May 22 I could see the list of all the 2019 cruises, such as this:

upload_2018-5-22_5-47-21.png

But when I click through any of them I get a nice error message about my party of two:

upload_2018-5-22_5-48-15.png

Hope that fixes soon so we can get on with booking ! :-)

SW
(at 0549 still same issue; multiple browsers and have logged in and out and cleared cookies)

ETA: At about 0615 issue resolved and bookings possible.

ETA: Called at 0800 to transfer placeholder to a specific cruise. Stated estimated hold time was 14 minutes and actual hold time was about that. Much less painful than previous opening days, IME !

Last edited:
For silvers preparing for tomorrow, based on what I experienced this morning:

You seem to have to log in to "Castaway Club" and then click the "Find a Cruise" link from that page in order to see the "early booking" itineraries; If I logged in just to the normal DCL site it would not show my anything from the new itineraries.

From time to time it seemed to forget I was a Castaway Club member and stop showing me the new itineraries -- logging back in to Castaway Club resolved this most of the time, but a couple times I had to close the browser and go back in.

Occasionally I would get a "Stitch" error message when their site was having issues. I was actually surprised it stayed up as much as it did.

Sometime just before 0514 ET the site began showing me the listing of the new itineraries, including thee "from" pricing for the 4 categories (see post above). BUT when I clicked to view a specific itinerary I got an error message (see above) and could not actually price anything. This was at least useful in that I could see the lowest pricing for each category which gave me ballpark ideas.

At about 0615 ET the site began letting me click through and price and book itineraries.

Booking online was quick and easy, once it let me do it.

I had to call to move my placeholder to an actual reservation. I called at 0800, navigated thee menus, was told the hold time was 14 minutes and spend about that long on hold (not counting menu navigation time). I was done and booked by shortly after 0830 and that included linking all legs of our B2B2B [which can only be done by the CM, there is no way to link them online].

Hope this helps and good luck !

SW

For silvers preparing for tomorrow, based on what I experienced this morning:

You seem to have to log in to "Castaway Club" and then click the "Find a Cruise" link from that page in order to see the "early booking" itineraries; If I logged in just to the normal DCL site it would not show my anything from the new itineraries.

From time to time it seemed to forget I was a Castaway Club member and stop showing me the new itineraries -- logging back in to Castaway Club resolved this most of the time, but a couple times I had to close the browser and go back in.

Occasionally I would get a "Stitch" error message when their site was having issues. I was actually surprised it stayed up as much as it did.

Sometime just before 0514 ET the site began showing me the listing of the new itineraries, including thee "from" pricing for the 4 categories (see post above). BUT when I clicked to view a specific itinerary I got an error message (see above) and could not actually price anything. This was at least useful in that I could see the lowest pricing for each category which gave me ballpark ideas.

At about 0615 ET the site began letting me click through and price and book itineraries.

Booking online was quick and easy, once it let me do it.

I had to call to move my placeholder to an actual reservation. I called at 0800, navigated thee menus, was told the hold time was 14 minutes and spend about that long on hold (not counting menu navigation time). I was done and booked by shortly after 0830 and that included linking all legs of our B2B2B [which can only be done by the CM, there is no way to link them online].

Hope this helps and good luck !

SW

Great information. Thanks for sharing!

Checked this morning for pricing on cruises in late October and November. Almost all of the starboard staterooms were sold out. Is this typical? Just wondering if people put holds on staterooms and maybe some of the starboard staterooms will be released in the next day or two.

Checked this morning for pricing on cruises in late October and November. Almost all of the starboard staterooms were sold out. Is this typical? Just wondering if people put holds on staterooms and maybe some of the starboard staterooms will be released in the next day or two.

Online only shows a limited number of cabins. You can call and ask about other specific ones if they are not showing available.

From what I've seen, the default for the online system is to show port side rooms until they're no longer available, and then the starboard rooms show up. The system only shows 8 rooms/category/area at a time. You'll either need to call or have a TA get you a starboard room.

so if I have a placeholder and I told them that I wanted to use Costco, I now have to call Costco right, I can't call Disney?

I've logged into my Castaway account and can still only see up to September 2019. I'm DVC and silver CC. Not sure whats going on?

I've logged into my Castaway account and can still only see up to September 2019. I'm DVC and silver CC. Not sure whats going on?

It's been fickle this morning. I logged in right at 6am EST and was able to see all the pricing without any problems for quite a while. As time passed, I started getting more errors and it would log me out. I have had success from either accessing from the Castaway account page or going to the front page of DCL and clicking on the new itineraries released banner. May take a few tries, but it will get there.

DIS - please help. We are CC silver. I cannot see any cruises for fall 2019 on the DCL website, when I log in? Currently on hold on the phone, because of an OBB.

From what I've seen, the default for the online system is to show port side rooms until they're no longer available, and then the starboard rooms show up. The system only shows 8 rooms/category/area at a time. You'll either need to call or have a TA get you a starboard room.
I just booked with RA, got a room near elevator on right side, she said that is what came up so I took it. Then I went to our reservation and changed the room; Fantasy 11/30/19 sailing. your luck or situation may be different.

DIS - please help. We are CC silver. I cannot see any cruises for fall 2019 on the DCL website, when I log in? Currently on hold on the phone, because of an OBB.

I find I have to restart my computer while searching on The DCL website. Its very frustrating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter