"Newest" Moms Hangout... take 2!

My step-brother was serving in the Middle East during the first issues over there and has physical problems and some PTSD. He's had a lot of problems, especially physically, but luckily his wife was there to support him through it all. Now he is a Captain with the police department and is doing much better!

ETA: I forgot to say that I wish people like him deserve more benefits!

I honestly don't think most of us have a clue as to how little they get.

Glad your SB is doing better!

Congrats! We stayed at BWV and LOVED it!! I really liked the location (close to Epcot and DHS) and a really cute resort! You guys will have a great time!! :thumbsup2

Thanks! That's pretty much why I picked it. I can't wait to be in the middle of the holiday action!

Glad you were able to get them! The person I mentioned never got back with me...

They probably weren't interested in my small reservation. I had a lot of trouble finding someone willing to take me since I didn't want over 100 points.

I hate not having FB access at work.

Did I mention Alex is crawling?! He does the army crawl...basically throws himself to one side to move forward, but it gets him to where he wants to go! :-)

Lily started crawling forward yesterday! She crawled to me (or really, the cat) last night when I got home from work. She is decidedly less clingy right now! She just wants to play on the floor. She's not very proficient yet. She'll go 3 steps forward and then back her arms up so she's sitting. I think she thinks it's really cool that she can sit up on her own.

It's so hard to believe that this little creature who couldn't hold her head up 8 months ago, is now doing everything short of walking!

I guess there is something in the air!

Yippee for crawling babies!!

New picture of Elliott, we were waiting to pay for DSD's cut, color, and eyebrows (to the tune of $92!!). It is prom week at our house so things are a little crazy. My stepdaughter has already informed me that she wants me to make sure I bring Elliott with to the group pictures, because she wants pictures with him!
24359_1442592989922_1386027354_1190510_1761235_s.jpg

Aren't you on WIC? How are you able to afford home improvements if you need assistance from WIC?

Seriously? Let's not be judgmental of each other. For your information here are the WIC income guidelines: http://www.fns.usda.gov/wic/howtoapply/incomeguidelines.htm They are quite high, actually, especially if you live in a place that has very low cost of living (like Patsy does). Plus, unborn children count in the calculation of family size - so that helps. This isn't medicaid or food stamps where you have to be below the poverty line - I think WIC is 185% poverty, and like I said counts the unborn child as a member of the household already.

I leave in a week and a half!! Anyone have any good ideas on keeping the twins happy on a six and half hour flight?? We have a layover in Chicago after 4 hours.. Then its another 2 and a half hours on to Orlando. We plan on buying food once we get to Chicago, and not letting them eat until we get on the plane.. So that will take up some of that flight. My husband is so dreading this flight with the twins. I dont know what we are going to do with them. We have to be in the car at 5am, drive to my moms house to pick her up.. Then go to the airport. Our flight leaves at 10:30. We dont land in Orlando until 9:30 PM. It is going to be a LONG day of traveling for us. I feel sorry for anyone on the plane with us!:scared1:

Do they like to watch TV - if so do you have a portable DVD player - those can be helpful :) They are fairly inexpensive now a days if you don't have one - we got ours for $50 on clearance (and it is name brand - Phillips). I think the idea suggested before is great - bring lots of little things, and once they start getting bored of one thing, bring out the next :) That is an insanely long travel day even for adults, and you'll have a time change - You are the mom! :grouphug:

Hooray for Lily! I think the same thing about our LO. 10 months ago he was quietly sitting in my lap not doing much at all and now he's tackling the stair in the kitchen and helping himself to my cereal.

I wasn't planning on going shopping today but my dad wanted to go to a store that was near a Salvation Army. Yahoo! I got 5 short sleeved t-shirts (all Children's Place), 2 dress shirts, 10 long sleeved play shirts (also all CP!), 4 pairs of pants, 3 pairs of shorts, 2 sweaters, 1 spring windbreaker, and a brand new Circo winter coat for $26! :banana: They were having 50% off all clothes. Some of the shirts were .30!

My dad needed to get some new fishing gear and the boys got to see and pet baby chicks, ducks, and turkeys at the store. I've never seen a baby turkey before.

Sounds like everyone LO's are doing great. Natalie is trying sooo hard to walk. She can only do a max of 3 steps before she is back on her bum. So cute to watch:thumbsup2

Seriously? Let's not be judgmental of each other. For your information here are the WIC income guidelines: http://www.fns.usda.gov/wic/howtoapply/incomeguidelines.htm They are quite high, actually, especially if you live in a place that has very low cost of living (like Patsy does). Plus, unborn children count in the calculation of family size - so that helps. This isn't medicaid or food stamps where you have to be below the poverty line - I think WIC is 185% poverty, and like I said counts the unborn child as a member of the household already.

Do they like to watch TV - if so do you have a portable DVD player - those can be helpful :) They are fairly inexpensive now a days if you don't have one - we got ours for $50 on clearance (and it is name brand - Phillips). I think the idea suggested before is great - bring lots of little things, and once they start getting bored of one thing, bring out the next :) That is an insanely long travel day even for adults, and you'll have a time change - You are the mom! :grouphug:

Agreed-that has no place on this thread.

Katie loves Barney! I've already bought a new Barney dvd for our trip. I have to pick up some headphones. What kinds have any of you tried?

Agreed-that has no place on this thread.

Katie loves Barney! I've already bought a new Barney dvd for our trip. I have to pick up some headphones. What kinds have any of you tried?

:)

Isabel LOVES baby Einstein (Baby Beethoven specifically), we have that on our iPhone's and show it to her if she is really fussy in the car or when we are out (like at a restaurant) she also enjoys Mickey Mouse Club House, Handy Manny and Jungle Junction - I show those to her occasionally at home, gives me time to make breakfast, use the restroom, etc. while she is in her swing watching it :)

Elliott's favorite thing to watch right now are Brewers games. I actually had to turn the game off last night when I was feeding him, because even though he was hungry and wanted to eat, he kept turning to watch the TV, and was mad that the bottle would get in the way of what he was trying to watch!

:)

Isabel LOVES baby Einstein (Baby Beethoven specifically), we have that on our iPhone's and show it to her if she is really fussy in the car or when we are out (like at a restaurant) she also enjoys Mickey Mouse Club House, Handy Manny and Jungle Junction - I show those to her occasionally at home, gives me time to make breakfast, use the restroom, etc. while she is in her swing watching it :)

Carys has a baby Einstein lullaby cd that I play every night for her. Sometimes I wake up in the morning humming the songs :laughing:

She loves hearing Glee when it is on the tv. It is so cute. When they sing she just looks transfixed!

My friend Lyndsey brought over 2 rubbermaid totes of clothes that her daughter has grown out of. She said that she doesn't want them back which is shocking. She is just basically giving me piles of clothes which I am so grateful for! There must be over 100 pieces of clothing. And that's just up to 6 month sizes. She said that she has more at home for when Carys grows more. I wish I had known she was going to give me these. Think of all the money I would have saved! :laughing:

Elliott's favorite thing to watch right now are Brewers games. I actually had to turn the game off last night when I was feeding him, because even though he was hungry and wanted to eat, he kept turning to watch the TV, and was mad that the bottle would get in the way of what he was trying to watch!

:lmao:

Lily loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Seasame Street. The Mickey brainwashing is intentional, I'm hoping she'll freak (in a good way) when she see's Mickey and the gang at WDW.

She watches entirely too much TV, I'm embarassed. :blush:

Evan watches TV too, and LOVES his baby Einstein DVD's. He hasn't watched much Mickey Mouse Club house yet, but does watch the Disneyland Sing a long DVD we have! We brought him back a big mickey from our past trip and he sleeps with it every night! Harleyquinn I saw that said Lily has started crawling, that's so exciting! Evan is starting to army craw a bit and has almost figured out how to go from his back to stomach. He's so close! I can't believe he's getting so big so fast.

We decided not to go ahead with the free dining offer, which bums me out. We really wanted to go with my parents and they couldn't take the time off so we'll just have to wait a bit longer. I can't wait to hear about everyone elses trips! I live vicariously off trip reports and just count down the days till we return!

Hope all the mommies and babies are doing well!

Elliott was trying his hardest last night to roll over! He can get about halfway there, and then he gets stuck! I am waiting for him to roll for the first time, and be totally freaked out about how he ends up like that!

Natalie loves all the theme songs to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Charlie and Lola, and My Friends Tigger and Pooh. Whenever any of these songs come on she stops what she is doing and watches the TV. So stinkin cute! When the actual show is on, she could take it or leave it. She also like to watch football. Her daddy liked that:thumbsup2

I remember some of you mentioning Luvs coupons. I got one in the mail today in the BJ's flier. It is for $5.00 off. I'm more than happy to send it on to someone that might need it as we aren't using Luvs. That's a good savings!

Funny you mentioned that - Isabel LOVED football when it was football season and would sit on my DH's lap and watch it - and she's that way now with Baseball - we took her to opening night and she didn't even fuss once while we were there! She loves those sports - she didn't like basketball as much - I'm guessing she enjoys the green of the grass better than the wood floors, lol!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter