"Newest" Moms Hangout... take 2!

Ugh...DH just called...they are fixing some crap on his car, it's going to cost $350. Add that to the $95 bill from the vet trip over the weekend.

And I can't find anyone to rent DVC points off of! Wah!

Ugh...DH just called...they are fixing some crap on his car, it's going to cost $350. Add that to the $95 bill from the vet trip over the weekend.

And I can't find anyone to rent DVC points off of! Wah!

How many points are you looking to rent / this year or next? I haven't been able to talk my husband into a 2011 trip "yet", so we may have some points to sell.

Man, IKEA is addictive. Problem now is that I really want to start working in his nursery to see how things are going to fit and look together but I'm at least a month or two from being able to do that. :sad1:

I think I'm going to list our guest bedroom furniture in this local flier- it's free to list, is published weekly and they advertise your stuff for sale and also yard sales and such. Thinking if I can get the furniture sold pre-yard sale I'm better off. I just don't like the idea of putting a cell phone in there, but we don't have a landline. I'm also unsure of inviting people through our house to see it! People would have to come through the living room, into the dining room, up the stairs, and into the back of the house. The guest room (Owen's room) runs the entire length of the back of the house, so they'd pretty much see it all. Just bugs me. :confused:
So I may wait until the yard sale when we can move it out onto the lawn. Decisions, decisions... maybe I'm just being paranoid. :upsidedow

The sunscreen I got at CVS was expired. So if I'm feeling up to it, I'm going to check the other one to see if they have un-expired tubes to swap out so I can test it on Lucas' skin. Or I might just call the pediatrician and take the expired tubes as a sign that I shouldn't have just randomly purchased sunscreen. :rotfl:

Oh, and I placed an order for his birthday cake today!! I wanted to get it from this bakery that makes scrumptious cakes but since June was wedding season I thought I should call early. Then, after I got off the phone, I realized I told her Sunday's date instead of Saturdays! :headache: Ugh. I'm supposed to scan and email her the invitation design (to match the cake to it!) so hopefully it's not a big deal and she can switch to Saturday for me. She is going to make a smash cake, too! Only $4 for one, I thought that was awesome. :banana: I have no idea where this bakery is... somewhere out yonder in Ohio so I may have to go exploring one day when Lucas is being fussy. :upsidedow

*eta*
I am so excited! I finally found this T-Shirt I was looking for at the Carter's Outlet!
118-575_Default.jpg

I swung in to Super Walmart to pick up some groceries last night, and figured I should pick up some formula while I was there. We use the Parent's Choice Walmart brand. Normally it is $11.88 for a can. Last night, it was rollback priced to $10!!

Items up for trade.

I have $9.00 in Enfamil formula gift check coupons.

(2) $3.00 coupons expire June 30th
(1) $2.00 coupon expire June 30th
(1) $1.00 coupon expire April 30th

I would love some Nestle Good Start coupons but will consider other baby items in trade.

I know there is a trade board but figured I'd offer it here first. :goodvibes

How many points are you looking to rent / this year or next? I haven't been able to talk my husband into a 2011 trip "yet", so we may have some points to sell.

Somewhere between 50 and 61 depending on availability. We want a studio for December 18-23, 2010. Thanks for asking! :goodvibes

Hmmm. thanks for the responses about the teeth!

I'm debating something else, too. I hate to be *that* parent that calls the pediatrician's office for everything so I'll see what you guys think.

We're going to the beach in a little less than 4 weeks. I've started loading up on swim diapers (though I really, highly doubt that we'll put Lucas in the water) but I know that we'll at least sit on the beach. I bought him sand toys and all that jazz.

Since he's got crazy sensitive skin and really bad dermatitis is there a sunscreen out there that anyone suggests? Or should I call the pediatrician's office and see if there is something he thinks would work best or do they make prescription sunscreens? I feel like I'm making this into a bigger deal than it needs to be but Lucas just has such issues with his skin, I don't want to put something on him and have a reaction at the beach. :(

So what do you guys think?? Just buy something and test it before we go or call and see what they say. They say you should call with any questions but do they mean it? haha.
I'll be in Pittsburgh tomorrow (IKEA woohoo!) so I can pitstop at a BRU to get something that I wouldn't be able to find locally.

I'm curious how long your 2 month olds were sleeping at night?
DS is at that age now and seems to be sleeping longer.

This is what I have been using - I have crazy sensitive skin (have my whole life) - I used to use the nutrogena sensitive skin, but didn't want the chemicals anymore (read a few articles that scared me) and this one works great. It is thick though, so you have to really rub it in or warm it up in your hands to thin it out and then apply.
http://www.amazon.com/Jason-Natural-Cosmetics-Earths-Chemical/dp/B000V76ANI

Thanks, I just placed an order for some. I have been debating what kind of sunscreen for the baby. We started baseball season last night, so she'll be out a lot from here on out.

I'm going to get some too. I was looking at the California Baby stuff, but I can't see spending $20!

I know. The shipping was only $2.99, so combined it wasn't much more than I would pay for a "regular" brand at Walmart. I'd rather not risk a reaction, and hearing from someone here that it works is enough for me!:goodvibes:goodvibes

I'm pretty sure they sell it at BRU too. It's the Earth's Best brand if that picture is correct.

...I looked it up and it's $10.99 at BRU

ETA the website says it's buy one get one 50% off, but it's out of stock. I think the stores are doing the deal too. I'll see if I can make it over there on Friday.

Somewhere between 50 and 61 depending on availability. We want a studio for December 18-23, 2010. Thanks for asking! :goodvibes

Ok, nevermind, I guess I can't offer you anything yet. We still have to see if our waitlist comes through for June, and if it does, we will already be borrowing from our 2011 points.

Ok, nevermind, I guess I can't offer you anything yet. We still have to see if our waitlist comes through for June, and if it does, we will already be borrowing from our 2011 points.

That's okay, maybe next summer! :goodvibes

Can anyone recommend a good baby monitor that doesn't have alot of that static hissing noise when it is on? The one I have now has such a bad static noise even when turned down and when it is turned down so that the static is bearable you can hardly hear the baby.

We currently are using this Summer brand monitor.
41FHKCc-kDL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Can anyone recommend a good baby monitor that doesn't have alot of that static hissing noise when it is on? The one I have now has such a bad static noise even when turned down and when it is turned down so that the static is bearable you can hardly hear the baby.

We currently are using this Summer brand monitor.

We use this one http://www.amazon.com/Summer-Infant-Handheld-Monitor-Screen/dp/B001NAATW0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1271245952&sr=8-1, and absolutely love it. It does cost a bit more than a normal one, but it is so worth it. We've got quite the wiggle worm sleeper, who also has a tendency to cry out in her sleep. Having the video allows us to look in and see that she's fine without running into her room every time we hear her. Oh, and it also makes no buzzing / humming / static noises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter