Newbie to US and IOA needs your help!

DixieDreamer

<font color=blue>Instant Human - <font color=brown
We are heading to WDW end of March first of April time period. We are veterans of WDW and Disneyland - but have never done US or IOA before. This trip we are going to broaden our horizons and do both - one day at US and one day at IOA in addition to 7 days of the WORLD! We are staying at WDW resorts and are just commuting to the Universal area. We have a two day two park hopper pass. It is me, my 9 year old daughter and my husband.

So, all you veterans of Universal - please help us out with:

What is the opening times and when should we get there?

What is the best touring strategy for us? You should know that I really do like to "savor" things and not dash around like a chicken. Is there a "fastpass" like system at Universal or IOA? We use Fastpass all the time at Disney.

We have lots of PS meals at WDW - so we planned to eat at the counter service restaurants at US and IOA to save time for touring - which would you recommend for selection and reasonably fast service/seating?

What is the park closing times?

Any other things we should know?

Counting on all of you! Thanks in advance.
:D

DixieDreamer
Disneyland - scads of times - last time 4/98
WDW CBR - April 2000
WDW DXL - March/April 2001 - 44 days to go!

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<BODY>
yin.gif

</BODY>
</HEAD>
</HTML>

bump

guy.gif

Barry Hom
The moderator formerly known as Barry aka usagi
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

"If you were me, you'd be good looking."

Go to Themeparks.com and follow Universal Orlando to park hours. They're very accurate.
Parking is $7 ($3 more for preferred parking - and sometimes is very well worth it!)
You have your tickets, go thru the turnstiles as soon as parks open.
At IOA: Ride Spiderman early; Toon Lagoon water rides during heat of day; get family picture at Magic Fountain in Lost Continent (you have to be quick for this, so just saunter right up and get those snapshots pronto!).
Burger Digs (in Jurassic Park) is good, inexpensive lunch to eat on balcony.
At USF: MIB; Back to Future; MIB; T2-3D; MIB....
good time for a Hard Rock Cafe lunch!

Have a ball!
J

Appreciate your response. Will print it out and go prepared. Also will check out the themepark site info. We are really looking forward to adding something new this time. IOA particularly strikes my interest! Anyway, I appreciate those who have the expertise taking time to respond.

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<BODY>
yin.gif

</BODY>
</HEAD>
</HTML>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter