Serenity now!

Earning My Ears
Hello all. I am brand new to everything, I've never even been on vacation, let alone Disney, but have the chance to take my family to Disneyland early next year, and would like to start planning now.
I have a few questions:
#1 Are there 2 bdrm suites in each tower of the Disneyland Hotel? How do I know which tower to request to get the layout I want?
I'd like ideally to get the 4 Queen Beds and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa 2bdrm suite.
#2 Are the 2bdrm Jr Suites only in one tower with just the one layout?
#3 Is there a big difference between the regular 2Bedroom suites and the 2bedroom Jr Suites?
#4 Does anyone have any Information or updates on when the construction on the new DVC will be complete?
#5 How loud is Disneyland Hotel? Are the walls thin? Can you hear people at all hours of the night?
#6 Is there air conditioning, and does it stay on all the time?
#7 I've heard that the mini fridges aren't very cold, what can I do if i have medicine that needs to be kept at a certain temperature?

I'm sorry if these are silly questions, but I appreciate any helpful answers and tips. thank you!!

Hello all. I am brand new to everything, I've never even been on vacation, let alone Disney, but have the chance to take my family to Disneyland early next year, and would like to start planning now.
I have a few questions:
#1 Are there 2 bdrm suites in each tower of the Disneyland Hotel? How do I know which tower to request to get the layout I want?
I'd like ideally to get the 4 Queen Beds and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa 2bdrm suite.
#3 Is there a big difference between the regular 2Bedroom suites and the 2bedroom Jr Suites?
#4 Does anyone have any Information or updates on when the construction on the new DVC will be complete?
#5 How loud is Disneyland Hotel? Are the walls thin? Can you hear people at all hours of the night?
#6 Is there air conditioning, and does it stay on all the time?
#7 I've heard that the mini fridges aren't very cold, what can I do if i have medicine that needs to be kept at a certain temperature?

I'm sorry if these are silly questions, but I appreciate any helpful answers and tips. thank you!!
I can only answer a couple.
1. We have stayed in a 2bedroom and 3 bedroom suite in Fantasy tower. The 3 bedroom was 2 queen in each room and a sofa bed in living room. I do think the number of adults chooses what rooms but you can always request.
5. We have stayed in all 3 towers and have not heard other guests. Do think it’s very loud now due to construction.
6. Yes A/C you can turn off and change temp.
7. Yea fridges are not very cold.

I can only answer a couple.
1. We have stayed in a 2bedroom and 3 bedroom suite in Fantasy tower. The 3 bedroom was 2 queen in each room and a sofa bed in living room. I do think the number of adults chooses what rooms but you can always request.
5. We have stayed in all 3 towers and have not heard other guests. Do think it’s very loud now due to construction.
6. Yes A/C you can turn off and change temp.
7. Yea fridges are not very cold.
Thank you so much for your answers! I'm very happy to find that i can control the A/C

There are 2 bedroom suites in each tower. When I have had one with 4 queens and a queen sleeper, it has been in the Fantasy Tower.
I believe there is only 1 2bdrm Jr Suite on property.
Yes, the living room area is smaller, and the room set up is a king in the master bedroom, 2 queens in the second, a twin daybed, and a twin murphy bed.
I haven't had an issue with a fridge being cold enough to keep our milk cold. If your med has to be at a certain temp, I'm not sure how you would handle.

There are 2 bedroom suites in each tower. When I have had one with 4 queens and a queen sleeper, it has been in the Fantasy Tower.

Yes, the living room area is smaller, and the room set up is a king in the master bedroom, 2 queens in the second, a twin daybed, and a twin murphy bed.

I haven't had an issue with a fridge being cold enough to keep our milk cold. If your med has to be at a certain temp, I'm not sure how you would handle.
Fantastic information, thank you so much!

Do you remember what view you had in the 2bdrm suite that was in Fantasy Tower?

We just got back yesterday from a stay in a 2 bedroom suite in the Fantasy Tower, we were on floor 10 and looked out over the pool (and the construction beyond). Each room had a thermostat to control the temp. We didn't have any issues with the fridge being warm, in fact it froze a bag of mini carrots I had in there. It was pretty quiet we didn't hear neighbors or the construction. I think the number of people on the reservation play a major part in the bed arrangement. There were 10 of us (5 adults and 5 kids) so we got one with two queen beds in each room and a sofa sleeper in the living room, but many don't sleep 10. I think you could book with some extra children to help get the bed arrangement you want ;)
Ours had an extra half bath off the living room area which was great given our large party.

We just got back yesterday from a stay in a 2 bedroom suite in the Fantasy Tower, we were on floor 10 and looked out over the pool (and the construction beyond). Each room had a thermostat to control the temp. We didn't have any issues with the fridge being warm, in fact it froze a bag of mini carrots I had in there. It was pretty quiet we didn't hear neighbors or the construction. I think the number of people on the reservation play a major part in the bed arrangement. There were 10 of us (5 adults and 5 kids) so we got one with two queen beds in each room and a sofa sleeper in the living room, but many don't sleep 10. I think you could book with some extra children to help get the bed arrangement you want ;)
Ours had an extra half bath off the living room area which was great given our large party
That sounds great....haha I like your idea of booking with extra kids 8-)

We just got back. We were in Frontier Tower.
We were really only in the room during construction hours limited time late afternoon arrival day and morning eating day. I did not notice any noise while in room. A little noise by the monorail slides by pool, but it didn't bother us especially by the main pool.

The refrigerator is refrigerator only, not freezer. And it was cool, but not super cold. I put our juices and milks at the back, and it was fine. If you need a specific temp, I'd bring a thermometer with you to verify

We had maid service everyday without asking.

If I went again, I'd request Adventure or Fantasy Tower just because if you need help with anything you have to traipse all the way back to Fantasy Tower for help or Bell services etc. They don't have any CM help in the other towers.
I'd checked in online, and my room texted ready right when I pulled up, great right? I went straight to room, and tried to use the app to unlock. It turned green, but handle wouldn't turn. Probably user error, but I had to go all the way back to Fantasy Tower to get a physical key.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter