• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Newbie needs help setting up my account. Purchased resale.

DisneyRunner2009

DIS Veteran
I received two emails from Disney. One contains my activation code. The problem is my account number, I don't have it. The emails don't seem to have an account number visible anywhere within the message. I called Disney yesterday, they told me contact my broker. I emailed the broker, but have yet to hear back from them. Is Disney mailing me a welcome packet with this information? Any insight on this matter is appreciated.

I encountered the same thing, and other's posts (in the closing time thread) seemed to indicate calling would not get you anywhere. So I searched the closing time thread for advice and found a suggestion by a Disboard member to email wdw.dvc.dvd.resales@disney.com and supply your name, address, and a description of the contract that had been purchased, including its number. I did that last night, and by mid-morning, I had gotten a reply containing club id #'s. It was obviously a reply to the email I had sent, not the other elusive email that allegedly comes. I hope this helps - good luck!

I encountered the same thing, and other's posts (in the closing time thread) seemed to indicate calling would not get you anywhere. So I searched the closing time thread for advice and found a suggestion by a Disboard member to email wdw.dvc.dvd.resales@disney.com and supply your name, address, and a description of the contract that had been purchased, including its number. I did that last night, and by mid-morning, I had gotten a reply containing club id #'s. It was obviously a reply to the email I had sent, not the other elusive email that allegedly comes. I hope this helps - good luck!
Did you email before or after getting any emails from Disney?
My deed recorded on 4/30, so I have not gotten any emails from Disney yet.
I just applied the information you suggested in the email.
I got an auto response that says I will get an email back within 10 business days! haha

Last edited:
Did you email before or after getting any emails from Disney?
My deed recorded on 4/30, so I have not gotten any emails from Disney yet.
I just applied the information you suggested in the email.
I got an auto response that says I will get an email back within 10 business days! haha

I'd received the activation code email, so I knew my stuff had made it to the next phase. My 2 cents - if you've not gotten either email, then reaching out in advance isn't going to help.

Can I add this email link to the Closing Time!! 2021 Edition thread?
It appears more powerful than a phone call.

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll try that. Yesterday when I called Disney, the wait was six minutes. Today it was 43 minutes during the same timeframe. Don't call Monday, The Wish DVC cruise goes on sale. Another question, when do I get my Deed and any insurance policy. I say that mentioned in an email from the broker. I printed off the deed from the county website. Maybe I'll ask on the closing thread, too.

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll try that. Yesterday when I called Disney, the wait was six minutes. Today it was 43 minutes during the same timeframe. Don't call Monday, The Wish DVC cruise goes on sale. Another question, when do I get my Deed and any insurance policy. I say that mentioned in an email from the broker. I printed off the deed from the county website. Maybe I'll ask on the closing thread, too.
My broker said I would get a paper copy of the deed within 30 business days in the mail.
My broker also said I would get owner's policy within 30 business days in the mail.
Hope this helps somehow.

I never completed the resale process (it was taken at ROFR), so this may be way off, but I do remember the contract we signed with the broker showed the contract # of the resale property. I don't know if that is the number you would need (not sure if they issue new ones or re-use existing ones), but look for your initial contract. Maybe try the one listed in it if it is there.

I never completed the resale process (it was taken at ROFR), so this may be way off, but I do remember the contract we signed with the broker showed the contract # of the resale property. I don't know if that is the number you would need (not sure if they issue new ones or re-use existing ones), but look for your initial contract. Maybe try the one listed in it if it is there.
I asked my DVC Guide this same question when looking to add on direct before my resale was finished.
My DVC Guide told me the contract number may change when put as a new contract under a new owner.
I am unsure if this was true or not.

I used the contract number from my paper work in the email I just sent to the above wdw.dvc.dvd etc address. Thanks for the update on mailed information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter