New Year, New Beginnings - January 2022 W.I.S.H thread

WOO HOO! Temperatures rapidly rose from 10 degrees this morning to 34 degrees! “We’re having a heatwave, a tropical heatwave…”

WOO HOO! I have lost 6.8 pounds since December 28th!

WOO HOO! We have an early dismissal for teacher workshops…happy for a break from the kids.

Not WOO HOO, being observed today. Hopefully I will change this to a WOO HOO later.

WooHoo, my water heater is fixed!! (And it didn't cost me anything!) The pilot light had been going out the last few days, and at first we could relight it, but then that wouldn't work. It turns out it was a defective part, and the company not only replaced it but paid for the technician. 😃

Woohoo... last week was the week from hell with Pippa, she was just horrible and then I was horrible, it was awful. Then I started to move the kitty condo to the office, but only got it to the middle of the living room before she jumped up on it. She was using it when it was in the corner, but she loves it in the middle of the room. She's taking all of her naps on the highest level, she's relaxed and quit tearing things apart. I still hate it, but I am so happy she loves it that I'm willing to live with it. So woohoo for a happy peaceful kitty.

Wahoo they cancelled school on Friday. Staff still work, but no kids. I am so excited that I will have no interruptions and will get so much done!!! Payroll will be a breeze!!

I really like routine so doing yoga at o dark thirty totally works for me. It's a good way to get my day going!

I busted open the package of fig newtons tonight. Only ate three but really want more! I think I'll make some nice hot tea. :drinking1

I am thankful that I feel more at peace and giving myself the year to get back to health, instead of going with big bang approach
I am thankful that while I don't love working form home every single day, I do have opportunity & time to focus on my health more than what I would if I was commuting
I am thankful, that I love healthy food. I love all the food, not only healthy but I can focus on the good things I love
I am thankful that I feel good enough for yoga session today
I am thankful that I live in country where such big variety of food is available
I am thankful that I feel confident that I am going to do well

I am thankful that DD is making it through school, barely and with a lot of encouragement from me, but she has come home yet. I am thankful there is no school tomorrow or Monday and she can just rest.

I am thankful for walks at lunch with DH. We were not in a great mood yesterday at lunch time. He was really frustrated with DD because she wanted to come home. When we went for our walk we get to talk and by the time we got back we both felt better.

I am thankful for DH's gentle reminder to me to get on the treadmill. I did not want to get on last night. I had already walked outside for 30 minutes at lunch so I talked myself out of getting more time in. I took a short nap instead. When I got up Dh was making dinner so I started to help. While I was helping he said I thought you were going to get on the treadmill. I gave my excuse but then got on the treadmill after thinking for a minute or so and got another 30 minutes in.

I think I'll be looking at the graphic @sjrec posted thru out the day, because those are all thankfuls I need to commit to memory. Work has been super stressful trying to map out and ramp the new project I'm taking on, which includes me taking on two roles/areas of responsibility that I haven't done before. If I can get out of my own way with the anxiety/anger causing self-doubts, things will go much smoother. Being thankful for the highs/lows, blessings/lessons, setbacks/growth are all right on point for me.

Summer2018. I used to teach and even in the best conditions this time of year usually had a number of kids sick but half a class is too much. I would also be upset if a faculty came back in sick. There is no excuse. Please protect yourself

I am thankful DH made dinner tonight. Ok. So he threw everything in the crockpot, including the dairy to be added at the end, but thankful dinner was done for me (and that nothing curdled!).

Thankful that a girlfriend showed up at my house and asked me if I wanted to go for a walk. YES! It was nice to walk and chat away.

Thankful that I can walk to work--especially since the week started with someone's car being stolen from the lot (he had it back in three hours) and ended today with someone else's car being hit in the lot. :faint:

How did your week go?

I got out 3x this week to walk but portion control is something I need to work on this week. As someone else posted, I am trying to cook one meatless dinner a week. This week it was an oven omelette-6 beaten eggs with chopped peppers, onions and spinach and 1/2 cup of shredded cheese in a 9x9 dish in a 350 oven for 30 minutes. And the leftovers were good reheated in the microwave.

Quiet weekend planned-they’re expecting snow Sunday but still vague on amounts. We are traveling Monday to visit family, so hopefully it’s not much.

Happy Friday, everyone!

This week it was an oven omelette-6 beaten eggs with chopped peppers, onions and spinach and 1/2 cup of shredded cheese in a 9x9 dish in a 350 oven for 30 minutes. And the leftovers were good reheated in the microwave.

We used to make something similar. We did add meat. Usually some type of sausage (not breakfast though. I don't like that one) or ham. We would add different veggies each time and we would add potatoes. We would use 12 eggs and then break it up into individual containers for breakfast for the week. It would make like 10-12 meals for the week. I usually didn't eat lunch when I had this or a smaller lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter