New VIP Tour

DouglasE

Mouseketeer
I would love for the team to tackle a review of the new VIP Magic Kingdom Food Tour in an upcoming podcast/video. Details seem like it would be a good bang for your buck.

Have a MAGICAL week!

Ciao,
Douglas

Well, you are in luck as they are doing that tour today!

Follow along on twitter: https://twitter.com/TheDIS/status/1100030652706160640

View attachment 384774

(though I see other media on the tour today as well so not sure if they are paying out of pocket or got a media invite ... if the later they per their own policy they won't be doing a review)
Thank you so much for being on top of things! That's great news. Toying with the idea for doing this on my October trip.

We were on that same first (second) tour as well. We really enjoyed it. We did agree that there were some flow/timing issues that needed to be worked out but thought we got our money’s worth and I was very happy my husband encouraged me to book it. We are Disney fans but not bloggers! Just regular people! The stop at the purple wall was sort of odd, but it flowed with the donut we had right before (which we both threw away half, cold donuts, yuck!) We liked the rest of the food. If you have it booked, I’d say keep it and see what you think yourself!

I don't associate MK with must do foods. Looking at the list, maybe the Grey Stuff would be a good stop as we don't go to BOG. Everything else on the list isn't really unique, except maybe the turkey legs. Popcorn, cinnamon roll, buffalo spring and Dole whip. I just don't go to MK to eat.

EPCOT WS is my dining go to spot. You could start it right before WS opens in France with a stop at the bakery. WS is relatively uncrowded at 11 AM and it does have a nice flow to it. I love just walking it.
If I were to book a VIP Food tour, I would definitely go on an Epcot WS tour. Here would be some of my favorites.

France: Bakery
UK: Fish and Chips
Canada: Cheddar cheese soup
Germany: Bratwurst or pretzel
Italy: Pizza
Norway:School Bread

We were on that same first (second) tour as well. We really enjoyed it. We did agree that there were some flow/timing issues that needed to be worked out but thought we got our money’s worth and I was very happy my husband encouraged me to book it. We are Disney fans but not bloggers! Just regular people! The stop at the purple wall was sort of odd, but it flowed with the donut we had right before (which we both threw away half, cold donuts, yuck!) We liked the rest of the food. If you have it booked, I’d say keep it and see what you think yourself!

thanks for posting your view - i've booked this for our trip in august...i booked it a few weeks ago and am still excited about it!

Am I the only one unimpressed by the VIP tour video today? Not Steve doing the video himself, I mean the offerings and the way it was handled?

Yeah that tour was not worth $99! They would really need to improve massively for me to pay that. I'd rather spend it on doing KTTK again.

Yeah that tour was not worth $99! They would really need to improve massively for me to pay that. I'd rather spend it on doing KTTK again.

i figured i could buy the snacks they refer to for less than $99...
and instead i'm spending $300 per person for the backstage magic, but i think it's really worth it.
and that includes lunch at Tiffins.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter