NEW VGF Building

question for somebody smarter (or more well versed in TS law) than me - if these are a part of the same association, does this mean this "new villa" is a part of the O14, or could disney make an attempt to block these rooms for direct only reservations?

*I say "new villa" only as its a new building, not that it appears to be separate in any way

It sounds like they are going to sell more points. Hopefully, it doesn’t come with resale restrictions. I’d find that odd since the other building does not.
Good question. I think they’ll keep the restriction in place. If they don’t plan on going back on that then it makes sense to include any new contracts with the resale restriction group.

I like it (provided it’s part of original DVC) because it’s more rooms on a monorail next to MK. That’s always a good thing. I wonder if this will come with a different expiration date that the original VGF. I also wonder if they’ll sell points with incentives.

They will be part of the existing condo association. From the press release:
Projected to open in summer 2022, these new Villas are an expansion of The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and will be a part of its current condominium association. Information regarding the start of sales and rental bookings will be released at a later date.

Good question. I think they’ll keep the restriction in place. If they don’t plan on going back on that then it makes sense to include any new contracts with the resale restriction group.

Well, there are currently no restrictions in place if you buy VGF direct. I would think it would make it rather cumbersome to have restrictions for points purchased in one building (?). Don't you think? ETA: Unless the renamed it like BRV and CCV??

This is fantastic news....adding 200 studios to VGF is a huge win for DVC members. I think it will operate similar to when THV were added to SSR, they simply added more points to the existing RTU original VGF property rather than make it VGF(2) with separate booking. It will price out similar to hotel rooms at Aulani

I like it (provided it’s part of original DVC) because it’s more rooms on a monorail next to MK. That’s always a good thing. I wonder if this will come with a different expiration date that the original VGF. I also wonder if they’ll sell points with incentives.
If it's part of the original VGF association I would guess it will be like when SSR added the THV. Same expiration dates etc with the original VGF sales.

Well, there are currently no restrictions in place if you buy VGF direct. I would think it would make it rather cumbersome to have restrictions for points purchased in one building (?). Don't you think?
not sure from a technology perspective its any more cumbersome than the existing system of resale and direct points. They would just enter the points in the system the same way a riviera point is loaded up rather than a VGF point (tagged to a new "resort")

It could, but of course DVD will also be selling new points so it likely will all balance out. Depending on price point though I would be very interested in buying these.

yeah, but even with more points,volume of rooms always increases the odds of trading in. More people to cancel, take their VGF points elsewhere, etc. The toughest part about VGF is there are only a handful of rooms in each category.

My thinking is since they will be entirely new contracts they could add the resale restriction no problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter