New TV show How To Get away With Murder

See, since the first trailer had the kids hiding a body, it seemed to me they were actively helping to cover up a crime, I assumed for a client. I didn't realize at the time it was the professor's husband.

Got it!:thumbsup2 I didn't see any of the trailers (just watched it after Scandal the first night) so could definitely see how you would think that based on trailers.

Watched both episodes tonight and I'm eagerly awaiting the next show! I don't expect fictional television shows to be "how things are done in real life". I like a show that makes you think and doesn't reveal it's secrets easily.

I've never seen Scandal, and I only watched Grey's Anatomy the first season (I know I'm in the very small minority, but I just couldn't stand the character of Meredith Grey), so I really don't know much about Shonda Rhimes other shows.

Haven't seen this week's show yet but question - do we know that the body of the dead person is for sure the professor's husband? :confused3

As a prosecutor, I won't watch this show. It would make me angry.

CSI and similar shows have actually changed what level of proof juries expect.

Haven't seen this week's show yet but question - do we know that the body of the dead person is for sure the professor's husband? :confused3

Yes, in the last episode they showed his face a couple times. It was definitely him.

This is definitely a show that requires you to pay attention. The problem I have is the almost schizophrenic nature of the lead character; one time she's a bad-a**, then she's a blubbering idiot w/the cop. I don't know if it's truly her or she's setting up a defense for later.

I am a little fed up with the young naïve law student with the wide eyed, open mouthed shocked reactions to literally every single thing he witnesses, especially since he appears to have quickly (fast forward two months) become manipulative and shrewd..

If this many people are having trouble with it, the show may not be around for long. It sounds poorly written and executed.

It was actually the first new shows of the season that ABC has ordered an entire season of (black-ish being the second). I really like the show and haven't had any trouble following the story line.

It was actually the new show of the season the ABC has ordered an entire season of (black-ish being the second).

I really like the show and haven't had any trouble following the story line.

Yea I agree. I read somewhere that it was the most watched non sports program with 10 million on Thursday. Just adding on to Shonda's other hits.

Yes, in the last episode they showed his face a couple times. It was definitely him.

One of the flashbacks (flash forwards?) showed the students carrying a large rug out of the professors' house or office, and a cop questioned them but didn't discover the body rolled up in the rug.

In the latest episode it looks like the Annalise's boyfriend/cop Nate Lahey is going to get revenge for the way Annalise used him. When they showed him collecting clues then repeating those clues as he lied about them, I figure that's as important as they way they keep showing Wes lying about the coin flip. Besides, Nate is pictured prominently in the cast http://abc.go.com/shows/how-to-get-away-with-murder/cast but the dearly departed husband/professor isn't even mentioned.

Remember that silly movie "Airplane!" that was a hit in 1980? The same writers came up with a t.v. series "Police Squad" with Leslie Nielson, but t.v. audiences are known for their short attention spans (probably because of all the every day interruptions at home that aren't normally experienced in movie theatres) so they missed a lot of the silly jokes. Consequently the t.v. series didn't last nearly as long as it coulda shoulda woulda.

It's a lot easier to understand "How to Get away with Murder" when I can concentrate on the show (fast-forward through the mind-numbing commercials) without a lot of interruptions from family, pets, phone calls, playing on the computer or other toys, doorbells, noisy neighbors, preparing/eating dinner, etc. "How to Get away with Murder" is a totally different genre than "Police Squad" but they both require more attention than most sitcoms, children's programming, or "reality" t.v.

I'm liking HTGAWM a lot!

I like the intrigue, especially now after we know Annalise's lover did NOT tell her the truth about her husband's whereabouts on a certain night in question. It holds my interest:thumbsup2

We tried to watch the most recent show last night. I've given up. The main character is all over the place. I'm getting whip lash trying to keep up with her smart, stong willed character and her purse carrying, arm crossing, sniveling character. Geez. I so desperately wanted a great show.

I've watched all 3 episodes, & I still can't say whether or not I actually like the show or not. :rotfl2:

It is intriguing, & I do want to know how the murder went down. So I guess that says something.

However, like others have mentioned, I can't figure out Annalise's character - one minute she's all strong & snappy & shrewd &, the next, she's worried, weepy, & weak.

I don't think I like her character actually. And I really hated how she played Wes in the first episode... awkward & creepy!

My biggest problem w/ the show so far is that I can't find any character w/ which to identify or even like... maybe the female law student w/ long brown hair who looks like she's auditioning for a part on "Love Story"?

The only thing that's keeping me w/ the show so far is the mystery & wanting to know how it comes together.

After opening this thread, I decided to watch the first episode. I'm not having a problem with the flashbacks, but I just find the show a little unrealistic. I find it hard to believe that a top defense attorney would need first year law students to help build and win her case. In the first episode the viewers were lead to believe that the video footage could have been tampered with and that's what got her client off. But with all the technology out there today, wouldn't the prosecution have had an expert look at the footage and determine if it had been tampered with. Everything with that case just got wrapped up a little too quickly.

And I agree with others about the main character being a little schizo. I liked the show for the first half hour then my interest kinda waned. Still deciding if I want to spend another 45 minutes on the second episode.

I caught up on the show this week. I kind of like it but I'm not sold yet. Right now, the main reason I am sticking with it is because I want to know what happened with the husband. Since it's new, I'll give it a few weeks to see if it starts to gel a bit more.

I am a little fed up with the young naïve law student with the wide eyed, open mouthed shocked reactions to literally every single thing he witnesses, especially since he appears to have quickly (fast forward two months) become manipulative and shrewd..

This! Lol!!!! :rotfl2:

But with all the technology out there today, wouldn't the prosecution have had an expert look at the footage and determine if it had been tampered .

Yes, exactly. Security footage usually has a date and time clock. So even if the time is slightly off, you can watch the seconds (and milliseconds) tick by.

And yet someone who watches the show will take that idea with them to jury duty.

I like the show so far.

I have no problem with the flash back/flash forward type story line but the majority of the shows I watch are ABC shows and they like using this method a lot. I have got very use to it.

This is a bit OT but the first couple of episodes I kept trying to figure out where I had seen the actor that plays Wes before. I gave up and looked him up on IMDB and he played Dean Thomas on the Harry Potter movies pixiedust:

I like the show so far.

I have no problem with the flash back/flash forward type story line but the majority of the shows I watch are ABC shows and they like using this method a lot. I have got very use to it.

This is a bit OT but the first couple of episodes I kept trying to figure out where I had seen the actor that plays Wes before. I gave up and looked him up on IMDB and he played Dean Thomas on the Harry Potter movies pixiedust:

Hey, thanks for the heads up. I never would have recognized him.

My DD recognized him right away. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter