New TS restaurant in TSL!

The DPB post makes it sound like it will not be a character meal. I wouldn’t expect it to be. The post notes see your favorite characters in the cut outs and theming of the restaurant not meetable.

I just read this and I agree. It doesn't sound like a character meal. I would still probably try the restaurant at some point, but paying higher table service prices to look at wall decorations isn't the most effective use of our money IMO. The addition of a new restaurant is still a good thing, don't get me wrong, but I am definitely not as excited if there aren't characters.

I sure hope it's not a character meal....I would love to try this but won't if it is a character meal.

Since they didn't clearly show it being a character meal, I can't see them doing that for at least several years. Making it a character meal would mean an even greater demand for reservations. It would also mean that the average dining time takes longer, which means less people get in and out. I think they will want this to take in as many people as possible while TSL and SWGE are fresh to help soak up crowds a little bit.

I just read this and I agree. It doesn't sound like a character meal. I would still probably try the restaurant at some point, but paying higher table service prices to look at wall decorations isn't the most effective use of our money IMO. The addition of a new restaurant is still a good thing, don't get me wrong, but I am definitely not as excited if there aren't characters.

The cutouts are a cute idea, but that can be had for free in TSMM. I agree that nothing in the news indicates characters, but i think not having them would be a big missed opportunity. Plenty of fab 5 already not many or any pixar themed character dining.

It makes sense .. budgets have to be met and they cant do it all at once. I guess I would rather have new lands and then future expansions, rather than waiting an extra year or so for the whole thing.

Right .. creating new lands without a themed table service restaurant is a head scratcher .. yet they are creating a new space-themed TS restaurant (that no one was asking for) in a park that has nothing BUT restaurants.

I guess it is probably harder to make an immersive TS restaurant than a QS one.

The Epcot restaurants isn’t owned by Disney, it’s part of the patina group (think that’s the right name)

I do think a Pixar character meal is a great idea, though it wouldn't necessarily have to be in this venue. It's as good a place as any of course, but I'm just glad they are adding something here. Hopefully it will be good as HS really could use better food options.

I’ve always thought that if there was a Toy Story character meal, it wouldn’t be your traditional table to table style. The costumes are huge and cumbersome compared to most characters that appear at character dining (or, at least they look that way.) I really can’t picture them going table to table. Tokyo has the Toy Story dinner show at the Diamond Horseshoe, which looks so cute.

I don’t think the new place will have characters, but I’m still really excited about it!

Last edited:
Their newest projections of SWGE attendance must have made it very clear that a new TS would be successful. It looks cute. I don't love the BBQ concept, sounds a lot like the menus at HDDR and Whispering Canyon, but they are popular, so it seems a good call by Disney.

So uh...how does Andy have a table service restaurant in his backyard?
Well the description says he set up a rodeo not a restaurant

"Using three cardboard boxes cut and taped together, Andy has created a new rodeo arena using some of his favorite toys, games, and play sets. And while some pieces are definitely western-themed, what makes this rodeo special is the broad assortment of toys that have been brought together to create a fun, colorful mashup-atmosphere that only a child could create.

Once inside, you’ll be surrounded by all of the rodeo festivities in-action as well as western town and train station play sets. And you just might spot some of your favorite Disney•Pixar characters scattered throughout the restaurant in the form of toys and game pieces including a toy version of Jessie riding on the back of a Trixie pull-toy and unique toy versions of Bo Peep and her sheep, all who appear to be performing in the rodeo together."

I'm guessing Early Morning Magic come the 50th anniversary will be a bit more self-contained now!

They might even be able to run two simultaneously if TSL and SWGE both have early morning hours and can serve their respective breakfasts inside the lands themselves.

Last edited:
I personally am hoping for characters. There are tons of Mickey and princess meals, but Toy Story characters would be a very welcomed change that I think would be hugely popular. My boys would love that.
I don't see them doing that and keeping the outside M&Gs and I'd much rather they keep the real M&Gs.

THIS!

This is going to be Pandora and SWGE eventually. Parks are their steadiest income stream, they should know they will make the money back. Why they keep scrimping is beyond me. It's short-termism at its best.

it's a double edge sword though as regulars always want new things - so now there is new Toy Story Land stuff for repeat visitors - they get the land in one trip and then the TSR in a future trip

I think it makes more sense to break it up like this. Think with Pandora - got the huge push when it was new, is still really popular/drawing people in ... then in the future when it starts to die out a bit add the third attraction and/or Table Service Restaurant that was in the original plan and it bring people back to the land.

(the one thing I don't get is skimping on an actual attraction like they did with Na'vi River Journey ... can't really "upscale" it easily - should have just done the full version, especially once the third attraction was cut for initial opening)

I suspect they'll reuse the bungalows, but we can watch the permits for hints of demolition.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!