New to gaming looking for advice

Salf777

Mouseketeer
Hi
im new to gaming and looking for suggestions please. I am interested in playing Disney and Star Wars games. I haven’t played video games in a long long time.
what game system would you suggest for a new gamer? Also, what games?
would prefer a system with wireless controllers so it all looks neat and tidy in my wall unit
thanks in advance

What "type" of games? Shooters, adventure, casual? There are not a ton of good classic Disney games. Most of the popular good games revolve around the Marvel universe. Otherwise you have to roll back to say Epic Mickey on the Wii or go with Kingdom Hearts, which is really one of the few recent Disney games but it's action based.

Star Wars wise there are a lot more decent games to choose from that fall into different genres. But by your post you do seem like a casual gamer so I imagine you would really enjoy Lego Star Wars. Which is pretty much on every platform. It's fun in co-op also and has pretty much every location and character from all of the movies at some point.

Every new console is wireless these days as well. I am going to go out on a limb and say you probably would enjoy a Switch the most. As you will end up with the Nintendo catalog to play as well and you can take it with you. But again it depends on WHAT range of games you want to play.

What "type" of games? Shooters, adventure, casual? There are not a ton of good classic Disney games. Most of the popular good games revolve around the Marvel universe. Otherwise you have to roll back to say Epic Mickey on the Wii or go with Kingdom Hearts, which is really one of the few recent Disney games but it's action based.

Star Wars wise there are a lot more decent games to choose from that fall into different genres. But by your post you do seem like a casual gamer so I imagine you would really enjoy Lego Star Wars. Which is pretty much on every platform. It's fun in co-op also and has pretty much every location and character from all of the movies at some point.

Every new console is wireless these days as well. I am going to go out on a limb and say you probably would enjoy a Switch the most. As you will end up with the Nintendo catalog to play as well and you can take it with you. But again it depends on WHAT range of games you want to play.
Thank
I would say more adventure and casual games. I have tried playing the shooter games and Im not very good with all the different buttons. I like a more immersive game with a story line I can play for a long time.
Does that help?

Could try Star wars the old republic. Its an MMO but its f2p for most of it and it has a very good personal story. If you have steam it is on there.

Could try Star wars the old republic. Its an MMO but its f2p for most of it and it has a very good personal story. If you have steam it is on there.

OP wants a "game system" which I assume means console. I play SWOTOR when it first came out and it was pretty fun.

OP wants a "game system" which I assume means console. I play SWOTOR when it first came out and it was pretty fun.
Hrm, well there are no systems just for these types of games. Maybe pick up a cheap ps4? and play the star wars rpgs. or grab a snes port to play the old school disney games (Aladdin, lion king)

Hi
im new to gaming and looking for suggestions please. I am interested in playing Disney and Star Wars games. I haven’t played video games in a long long time.
what game system would you suggest for a new gamer? Also, what games?
would prefer a system with wireless controllers so it all looks neat and tidy in my wall unit
thanks in advance

Xbox One S/X (any of them). We love it, actually might buy a second one. I highly recommend Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order. I’m sill playing it. Was actually highly recommended to me by someone on the boards here and I’m SO happy I listened and got it. It’s a great game!!. There are other Disney games, but I feel they’re more for kids. But if you really want one, if you like going to the parks, get “Disneyland” - which is probably the best game because you can actually ‘go on’ Disney rides at Disneyland. It was better on XBOX 360 because you could actually use your hands/body instead of a controller with a Kinect sensor. There’s “Kingdom Hearts” which has multiple games now. “Lego Incredibles” (I actually enjoy playing the Lego Games with my kids.) There’s also a new(er) game “Aladdin and the Lion King.”

If you want something more fun, I highly recommend Fortnite. Online multiplayer game. Free to download, $ to purchase extras, but not necessary. So much fun, different modes of playing. I play a lot more than I’ll admit. 🙃

Good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter