New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so annoyed. Had to cancel our August trip due to DH health issues. He is better now so we decided to go in October to be able to book BB like we have almost every year. Planning to go for at least 8 days next September. The annoying part is we are checking in October 16 the first day the new ticket goes into effect. I'm unable at this time to even try to figure out what this is going to cost.

I'm so annoyed. Had to cancel our August trip due to DH health issues. He is better now so we decided to go in October to be able to book BB like we have almost every year. Planning to go for at least 8 days next September. The annoying part is we are checking in October 16 the first day the new ticket goes into effect. I'm unable at this time to even try to figure out what this is going to cost.
Are you concerned about the price of your bounce back?

If you have a package for this October trip, it’s already priced using the current ticket system.

If you want to retain the option of changing your dates and NOT affect your tickets...
Re-book your stay right now to "room only" and drop your tickets as part of the resort package.

Then, buy your tickets separately, NOW.
Do that from a ticket discounter for more savings.

I think they'll still have a discount but not the drastic reduction that we see on days 5-10 now. Which is where some tickets may go down in price, and others up. But no real insight it's purely my gut guess.

This is my gut feeling too. I don’t see them going thru all of these changes and just slightly increase prices. I think it’ll be a big jump.

Are you concerned about the price of your bounce back?

If you have a package for this October trip, it’s already priced using the current ticket system.

Looking to book BB for September 2019. We would still need to purchase tickets to get the "free" dining promotion. I was just hoping to get an idea what next years package would cost before I book it.

We normally go in September and book bounceback every year. Our bounceback from last year was booked for this past August which we cancelled. Used the refund towards our January trip. Looked for dates where we could use the credit from Southwest and not pay any extra for airfare and October 16 worked.

I'm sure we'll still book, I'm just annoyed that Disney once again makes these changes which end up costing the vacationer more money.

Anyone want to weigh in on this ticket decision? I could really use some help as my spreadsheets are getting out of control!

- DH and I are going to WDW Oct 10-15, 2018 with 5 day park hoppers from UCT - Notice we check out the day BEFORE we will know the new pricing!
- We might be going with the kids and in-laws (me, DH, 5 kids ages 15, 13, 10, 6, and 2, MIL and FIL who are FL residents) for spring break in March 2019 staying either at AoA or offsite.
- I will be going with my 15, 13, and 2 year old daughters for a girls trip in July 2019 probably staying at POR.
- If we don't go in March, we might go in December 2019 with the kids and in-laws with no thoughts yet on where we might stay.

Would you: 1) upgrade to an AP when there in October and hope for room discounts in March and July. The kids tickets would then fall under the new pricing structure, 2) book a free dining bounceback for July when there in October, drop the March and focus on December, and upgrade the July ticket to an AP, 3) book two bouncebacks when there in October - one for July and one for December and forget about the AP or 4) some other idea I haven't thought of? I tried to crunch the numbers for the free dining vs AP for just the July trip before the new pricing announcement and it looked like the bounceback was going to save us some money.

Anyone want to weigh in on this ticket decision? I could really use some help as my spreadsheets are getting out of control!

- DH and I are going to WDW Oct 10-15, 2018 with 5 day park hoppers from UCT - Notice we check out the day BEFORE we will know the new pricing!
- We might be going with the kids and in-laws (me, DH, 5 kids ages 15, 13, 10, 6, and 2, MIL and FIL who are FL residents) for spring break in March 2019 staying either at AoA or offsite.
- I will be going with my 15, 13, and 2 year old daughters for a girls trip in July 2019 probably staying at POR.
- If we don't go in March, we might go in December 2019 with the kids and in-laws with no thoughts yet on where we might stay.

Would you:
1) upgrade to an AP when there in October and hope for room discounts in March and July. The kids tickets would then fall under the new pricing structure,
2) book a free dining bounceback for July when there in October, drop the March and focus on December, and upgrade the July ticket to an AP,
3) book two bouncebacks when there in October - one for July and one for December and forget about the AP or
4) some other idea I haven't thought of? I tried to crunch the numbers for the free dining vs AP for just the July trip before the new pricing announcement and it looked like the bounceback was going to save us some money.

1) My only comment in this is that you don't need to OWN an AP in order to book AP rate rooms.
You only need to have the AP during your stay with the AP room.
2-4) Nobody can predict what is in store within the next year.

BTW, since you asked for opinions, to me "Free Dining" is neither "free" nor necessarily any savings whatsoever.
Depends on where you book, what you book, and how you "dine."

Why aren't you buying the kids' tickets, or even APs when you buy your own? Did I miss something?

Also, since the bouncebacks are refundable up to 30 days before travel, why not book 2 or even 3 and cancel the one you don't want? Are you only allowed 1 at a time?

Why aren't you buying the kids' tickets, or even APs when you buy your own? Did I miss something?

Also, since the bouncebacks are refundable up to 30 days before travel, why not book 2 or even 3 and cancel the one you don't want? Are you only allowed 1 at a time?

The kids won't be with us on the first trip in October. It is for DH and I to enjoy Food and Wine.

I think we can each book one bounce back offer, so I would book July and DH would book December.

Anyone have any thoughts on whether we'll be able to modify/upgrade tickets that were purchased prior to 10/16 and are already linked to MDE once the new system goes live? As in, I already have a 3 day PH linked to my MDE, so once 10/16 rolls around I'm wondering if I'll be able to modify that ticket online, or if you'll only be able to make online modifications to tickets that have been purchased via the new post-10/16 methodology? I'm wondering if I'll be able to save myself a trip to Guest Services when I'm there in Dec to upgrade my ticket to an AP.

Each day will have it's own price. Knowing that a 3 day ticket is valid for 5 days, find the lowest 3 day ticket in a 5 day window that includes your dates.
But doesn’t the date you choose have to be somewhere at the beginning of your trip? For example you can’t buy a 3-day ticket starting on the 10th if you plan on going to a park on the 9th right?

But doesn’t the date you choose have to be somewhere at the beginning of your trip? For example you can’t buy a 3-day ticket starting on the 10th if you plan on going to a park on the 9th right?
No but you can buy the ticket beginning on the 7th.

The PP is giving a tip to pick the lowest priced day that then encompasses your trip within the valid time period.

No but you can buy the ticket beginning on the 7th.

The PP is giving a tip to pick the lowest priced day that then encompasses your trip within the valid time period.
That’s what I thought. My example had our first day as a value day so their post confused me.

I know everything is an assumption right now, but I have a quick question.

I just got an AP that will expire in September. We were just at Disney and booked a bounce back for next July which includes 4 day hoppers.

We were going to use those hoppers toward renewing our APs next fall, however with the uncertainty of this being a possibility I was thinking of just upgrading the package tickets to 8 days which we would use for a December 2019 trip. Those package tickets would be valid to use for December even though the package was for a July trip, right?

I know everything is an assumption right now, but I have a quick question.

I just got an AP that will expire in September. We were just at Disney and booked a bounce back for next July which includes 4 day hoppers.

We were going to use those hoppers toward renewing our APs next fall, however with the uncertainty of this being a possibility I was thinking of just upgrading the package tickets to 8 days which we would use for a December 2019 trip.

Those package tickets would be valid to use for December even though the package was for a July trip, right?
Nobody knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter